HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Do you really need speeds anywhere near that quick for 1080p HDTV streaming?

I can't see it being much use atm as most websites probably don't handle speeds like that, although I would love to experience torrenting at them speeds
    50Mbps is fine for streaming uncompressed Blu-ray quality 1080p, but I guess they want it that speed for people who use it for their cable TV and want multiple users on the internet at the same time at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Just think, you will NEED gigabit LAN or Wireless N to use the full potential. No doubt VM will provide this free.
    Wireless N won't even reach the full potential of it. You just can't reach even near the wireless stream speeds in real life.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Even if I was given the chance to test it, I wouldn't because I hate VM with a passion.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion
    *oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £195.73 1 £195.73
    *ordered.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Xarea

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flisker View Post
    Even if I was given the chance to test it, I wouldn't because I hate VM with a passion.
    You'd turn down 200mbps because you don't like Virgin? :eusa_eh:
    eek.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xarea View Post
    Yes I would. I'd rather go with a company who I like than going to one I don't like, regardless of the speed.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.

*oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £195.73 1 £195.73
    *ordered.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xarea View Post
    I'd rather have an ISP at 8 meg with high download limits than an ISP at 200 meg that has stupidly low usage limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by omgDAN! View Post
    What the hell's the point though? Virgin Media are the worst ISP for complaining that you've downloaded too much. It irritates me how they offer 'the fastest broadband', get loads of users get letters because they watch too much iPlayer online. And their TV service is poor, so they should get that sorted too.
    I been with Virgin Media (well previously Ntl etc) For like 4 years and never been complained about my downloading or anything. We don't have much complaints about them either unless the cable goes messed, but that's nothing to do with my connection. I would love to have 50mbps, nevermind 200!

Edit: Plus I don't have a BT line, so not really been with anyone else :[
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've been with NTL since around 2000 and I was extremely happy with their service however since they changed to Virgin Media the service has gone down hill....sharply. I rarely get half of what I am promised and once my download speed decreased to 100KBPS despite the fact that I am on the 10MB package. Its actually rediculous.

Unfortuantly my TV etc is with Virgin too so its not so easy to change.

Tokens

I've also been with NTL (Virgin Media) since, well, forever - never capped my speeds and me and my dad are constantly downloading stuff 24/7.

Never let me down, never gonna' change ISP, if something is not broken why change it?

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Implement View Post
    I've also been with NTL (Virgin Media) since, well, forever - never capped my speeds and me and my dad are constantly downloading stuff 24/7.

Never let me down, never gonna' change ISP, if something is not broken why change it?
    Same.

Havn't been with them to long though only on their 20MB's for a couple months and now their 50MB's but havn't been on that for longer than a month yet and havn't had not 1 problem yet. Also download LOADS but I dont get capped anyway cause they aint capping this yet.

http://dualupload.com - Free Image Hosting!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know this is a little off topic but the only ISP I will go with is Be* when my exchange is LLU enabled.

*oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    *ordered.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast