HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

When it's a choice between 3 less people going on the site a month or the entire department being a waste of time and effort because only those 3 people read the work that's published, I'd say it's an easy decision. There's no sense in throwing away potential and just sitting around hoping that more people will magically start reading articles on a site that they never visit - that's the one thing that's guaranteed to fail
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Really all they're doing is: posting main article on the forum, putting intro and a link to forum post on the main site? Sounds pretty easy.

Would be good if they posted real life stuff on the forum as well, that would help generate some more posts and chat!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Goodluck if this actually pans out.
    FJ said it perfectly.

Also, with the "Conversation Starters" I wanted it as a side task to draw people to go to habbox.com, because there's nothing really on there that is useful besides the radio, which I'm not getting into that. (haha)

But yeah. There needs to be a focus on more thought-provoking articles... I'm surprised Debates Leader hasn't collabed with articles department, or something similar. @buttons; 's debates are perfect and could easily (with some effort obviously) be put into a debates article.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Yeah I'm actually just talking with @Matt; about collaborating my debates with forum events, comps etc and surely articles could come into this too. Are there ever any articles that result in interaction, debate etc? Could even think of some rewards for getting involved in articles?

(sorry not read thread yet so dunno what's being proposed)

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Yeah I'm actually just talking with @Matt; about collaborating my debates with forum events, comps etc and surely articles could come into this too. Are there ever any articles that result in interaction, debate etc? Could even think of some rewards for getting involved in articles?

(sorry not read thread yet so dunno what's being proposed)
    There used to be an Articles Award for those who interact with the articles. I tried to bring it back but it was a lot harder and I will admit that I didn't push it as much as I should have. Articles should technically be blended into the forum because there's not much motivation to bring someone to go over.

And that's good to know that that is already underway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Are there ever any articles that result in interaction, debate etc?
    Nopeeeee almost never which is what this proposal aims to fix would definitely make it easier to combine department activity too yeah
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

BUZZFEED STYLE ARTICLES WOULD BE SO GOOD

I had such fun coming up with some examples but copying buzzfeed's hideous style of capitalising the first letter of EVERY word regardless of its importance in the title bugged me more than I would have expected
    Basically just went on Buzzfeed, looked at their titles and changed them to habbox

18 Unforgivable Things Habbox Did to Bertie in 2015
    10 Reasons the Rare Values Department is the True Backbone of Habbox
    Can You Identify These HabboxForum Members' Profile Pictures After They've Been Distorted?
    9 of The Craziest Posts in 'Current Affairs' of 2015
    29 Unspoken Rules That are Way Too Real for HabboxForum's Debates Section

I thought of another one but I think I'd like to give a go at writing it myself if @Joe; still accepts that kind of thing x ok actually I'm not prepared to commit to this in writing but maybe
    Last edited by Empired; 30-12-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    BUZZFEED STYLE ARTICLES WOULD BE SO GOOD

I had such fun coming up with some examples but copying buzzfeed's hideous style of capitalising the first letter of EVERY word regardless of its importance in the title bugged me more than I would have expected
    Basically just went on Buzzfeed, looked at their titles and changed them to habbox

18 Unforgivable Things Habbox Did to Bertie in 2015
    10 Reasons the Rare Values Department is the True Backbone of Habbox
    Can You Identify These HabboxForum Members' Profile Pictures After They've Been Distorted?
    9 of The Craziest Posts in 'Current Affairs' of 2015
    29 Unspoken Rules That are Way Too Real for HabboxForum's Debates Section

I thought of another one but I think I'd like to give a go at writing it myself if @Joe; still accepts that kind of thing x ok actually I'm not prepared to commit to this in writing but maybe
    hahahah I would enjoy reading those

I dont bother reading any Habbo news really because Habbo itself I dont really care about so it just bores me which is a shame cos loads of the articles posted are Habbo news
    tru fact my fave article was 1 about headlice
    it was v interesting espec cos majority of peeps hv prob had headliceb efore so I enjoyed reading it thumbs up to whoev did it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol only 9 posts charlie? surely there's more to choose from

I actually thought the department was doing quite well at creating conversation starters but it tends to vary depending on what staff you've got and I haven't seen it for a while (although I haven't been paying much attention). 6 comments on an article is incredible these days lmaoooo.

I think Tom's idea appears (??? I may have read it wrong though) to be more radical than most of the ideas here and that's moving Articles completely away from Habbox and onto the forum whereas most people tend to respond with "post mainly on the site and then post it on the forum." The reason this has never really gone forwards is because this is more of a general management decision rather than an articles manager one. If this is the idea you're suggesting, do you have an idea for plugging the space that removing articles from the site would produce? Perhaps they'd be more willing to consider it if they had ideas about what else to put there as I think that tends to be the major obstacle to this proposal.

- I tend to enjoy reading Buzzfeed style articles even though I know how stupid some of it is lol. "19 crazy things said in a courtroom" cracked me up.
    - When I was AGM I had the idea of turning Habbox into a more campaigning role where we'd find out the wider Habbo issues and come up with fun campaigns to tackle the issues and challenge Habbo. News (at the time) department would work on the research and finding out what Habbos were interested in etc etc. News management at the time didn't really find the idea too appealing and it definitely is one of my stupidest ideas lol.
    - Generally speaking though, I do like the more in-depth articles that are the opposite of the Buzzfeed articles as well.
    - I also had the idea of HxL doing a podcast. Jade was management at the time and said "what's a podcast" so that idea never went anywhere either lol. I think it's something that Articles might be interested in as well. A weekly/fortnightly/monthly podcast where there's a couple of regular hosts and guest commenters (Habbox members could join in because it's pre-recorded. that was the original USP) where they debate the latest Habbo(x) news, comps, games etc etc of a regular podcast.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

if u want interaction stay tuned for agony aunt its coming back i swear! jk idk

i like the buzzfeed idea, it sounds fun and ppl would love it i'm sure

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast