HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Marks.

Tokens

Yep, totally true. But the thing is, its just a question :s

Tokens

u mean its just 1 question?

well get them to take the same test your taking then! see who gets the highest score!

i doubt they can get more than 89%

http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=reign_man

msg me to let me know you signed up. you must activate your account.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My parents are always like that. My mom told me that I would get no where in life with the grades I have when I get a 94% on my math exam.

I've sorta thought that my parents just did this to boost my will to get better marks up. Maybe they're just trying to get you to work harder. The marks you have are definitely great but maybe your parents know that you can do much better than you're doing right now. They just want you to work as high as your abilities can take you I guess.

Don't take it too hard, they don't mean that it's not good, they just want you to work harder. Imagine if they did tell you that it was good. You might get over confident and start decreasing. Whereas if your parents push you to your limits, your marks will only continue to rise rather than decreasing.

Ellis.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by .x.Taurus.x.
    My parents are always like that. My mom told me that I would get no where in life with the grades I have when I get a 94% on my math exam.

I've sorta thought that my parents just did this to boost my will to get better marks up. Maybe they're just trying to get you to work harder. The marks you have are definitely great but maybe your parents know that you can do much better than you're doing right now. They just want you to work as high as your abilities can take you I guess.

Don't take it too hard, they don't mean that it's not good, they just want you to work harder. Imagine if they did tell you that it was good. You might get over confident and start decreasing. Whereas if your parents push you to your limits, your marks will only continue to rise rather than decreasing.

yeah, i understand what you mean, but they could do that without telling him "its not good enough" couldnt they? they could say its really good but they know he can do better?

maybe you should talk to them about it + ask them if they really do believe that your marks are not good enough.

http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=reign_man

msg me to let me know you signed up. you must activate your account.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by .x.Taurus.x.

That makes alot of sense. :eusa_clap

Tokens

Thanks for the advice Taurus, that might explain it. +Rep.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The thing is, their your parents and thats what their for! They just want you to make sure you allow yourself the excellent opportunities later in life, that they know you deserve. By saying to you they want better than that, it shows that they want you to do well for yourself, and are trying to push you that extra bit further, but dont worry, I think deep down they'll still be happy and pleased about it.

If your really worried, just speak to them about it and tell them you really did put a lot of work in, and compared to a lot of other results in your scroll, and across the country as a whole, you done extremely well and performed above average, therefore you feel they shouldn't really be expecting a lot more from you. By doing this it should make them aware how much effort you really did put in, an they will perhaps find other ways of trying to drive you to put the work in rather than critisising you. :p
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My parents dont put any pressure on me what-so-ever mainly because they are separeted. Both have said to do what ever makes me happy and I am. At the moment I'm doing advanced maths and english and passing all my subjects. Sometimes I do wish that there was some expectation to do better.
    I know some freinds parents haven't let them do elective subjects because they dont what them to which is wrong.
    You should just ask them to take a little pressure off and recognise what you are doing now. Or just change your report card =)

→he said call me now
    →and id come a running
    →If you'd call me now baby id come a running.

•яαยขнєℓ •

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's exactly like my parents, although my grades have been slipping but i've been doing better in some subjects. I consider 79 and lower a fail. I've been getting about 82 in Science which basically means i'm probably gonna be grounded for doing horrible in Science. I try and tell them that i'm trying but school gets harder eventually. I have a lot of pressure to get at least 92+ in Math and science which i hate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12