HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Habbox is dying

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

is there anyone here who would be interested in actually running habbox? there are a lot of people saying we need new management but i don't see anyone who actually wants to.........

anyway i agree with u 100% mike about how habbo and getting new members should be the main focus. hopefully hxss achieves that. need to get to the bottom of what is demotivating other staff members and management too..

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    What departments have been revived recently?
    It may not seem to have revived to some (in recent months), but most if not all of the Content Departments for a while - the Content Week laura ran really worked well in gaining more members and it definitely revived the actual Content Design department for a period of time (until around exam period). Hitting double figures on members, getting so many Wiki edits from those who weren't staff too. Admittedly, it might not seem like a revival, but it might just be me knowing what the department has been through over the years!

What I noticed is, although the Events Department isn't the busiest, it definitely did get a state of revival with Jake taking on the management position. We've seen new weekly events from staff - which was lacking a bit previously as there were little staff and little events (I mean when they opened hosting to all staff for a period of time), but after that was stopped it definitely improved. Nowadays I see better prizes (something that former managers were working hard to do), more events, admittedly a few are similar, but looking at some departments at the moment (compared to say last year), they've definitely improved - sorry if revived isn't the right word, it might be in a loose sense !

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Understandably, some members of General Management might not seem to do a lot (which I do agree with), but how can you criticize them when you've had 1 member of staff in your department for God knows how long?

I will reply more in depth later after I have another read through, but your comment about not being able to revive a department on your own is ******** and that's coming from someone who has actually done it before (and a few others have to be fair, more recently). Also, yeah, it would be great to revive most departments at Habbox currently, yeah it can be hard to do it on your own - you are not on your own though, you have (well had if you're resigning) Shoned since she stepped down from AGM!
    I have also done it before. That's my point. It used to be possible that someone could come in and singlehandedly improve their own little corner of the pie. That is no longer the case because the wider Habbox problems of dwindling activity are not being addressed. I cannot think of a single department that hasn't been limited by these wider issues. I do not think it's bull, I have seen many dedicated managers do their best and feel demoralised at their hard work not making much difference (one step forward, two steps back).

When I say singlehandedly, I am being really really loose with the definition. Obviously there's a team (Alex3213 also contributed heavily to the Competitions revival in 2010) but I mean that we can no longer look at Habbox as seperate pieces of a pie (usually departments) when the base is crumbling.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Idk if this already happens but do we calculate the amount of new people we get a month?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzinator View Post
    Idk if this already happens but do we calculate the amount of new people we get a month?
    do you mean as staff or new people signing up?
    the staff is mentioned in the box, but not sure about the latter

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I have also done it before. That's my point. It used to be possible that someone could come in and singlehandedly improve their own little corner of the pie. That is no longer the case because the wider Habbox problems of dwindling activity are not being addressed. I cannot think of a single department that hasn't been limited by these wider issues. I do not think it's bull, I have seen many dedicated managers do their best and feel demoralised at their hard work not making much difference (one step forward, two steps back).

When I say singlehandedly, I am being really really loose with the definition. Obviously there's a team (Alex3213 also contributed heavily to the Competitions revival in 2010) but I mean that we can no longer look at Habbox as seperate pieces of a pie (usually departments) when the base is crumbling.
    Putting it like that I do agree, you need to work from the bottom up as you said the base. I remember you reviving competitions to a great standard many years ago now, it's a shame that the whole of Habbox currently (and the departments within) aren't like what they used to be.

I don't agree with all the points you made, which I told you about, but some you do have spot on and I can't emphasise enough that Habbo, Habbo, Habbo point (which I have currently seen an improvement of).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shonly View Post
    do you mean as staff or new people signing up?
    the staff is mentioned in the box, but not sure about the latter
    Just new people signing up. There are many non-habbox Habbo's that go to events and giveaways, with much advertising and I hardly see anyone joining. Habbox can't get members by it's reputation alone anymore and it really needs to find a way of getting people to join. On the lead up to HxSS there could be a real recruitment drive, open up a room that could discuss Habbox jobs, what they involve and rewards, instead of saying go here blah blah blah, let's really engage with people to show we aren't just robots going through the motions. Then HxSS can be an example at how good Habbox can be.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i thought phil posted a list of how many referrals people had each week, or was that a one time thing?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Negativities

Latest Awards:

cheers

moderator alert Edited by mdport. (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.
    Last edited by Matt; 13-07-2015 at 01:38 AM.

-Negativities -
    - Former Habbo Advice Team Helper -
    - Trolling Since '07 -
    -
    Old Habbo > New Habbo -

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzinator View Post
    Just new people signing up.
    This has never in all of history been an issue. People do sign up in droves - but they don't stay, and that's the real problem
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast