HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ReviewDude

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Undesirable View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what your trying to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum. View Post
    No, if we went to the middle-east, and took off all our clothes accept underwear, they wouldn't be happy. So same goes with them in out country accept for being clothed.
    I think his point is that their idea of 'fully-clothed' is different to ours. Whilst a mini-skirt and a tank top are acceptable in our country, it isn't in theirs. In the same way, in theirs a woman without a headscarf is the eqivalent of being in your underwear in ours.

EDIT: Added original quote.
    Last edited by ReviewDude; 10-10-2006 at 07:37 PM.
    The sunlight hurts my eyes...

~ Love, Patrick ~

Know your stuff about Habbo? I'm looking for high-quality article writers - PM for more!

I am Habbox's most trusted seller of VIP/Donator - over 100 months total sold without issue.

Tokens

Race, religion etc. have **** all to do with this issue, its about simple freedoms. This is a supposedly FREE contary, which means people are FREE to where head veils, or not to ware them at there own descression. Its THERE choise.
    Are culture is about muli culturism, and more over freedoms. If we force people NOT to ware them, we would be just as bad as those in muslim contarys that force woment TO ware them.

So its THERE choise, no one elses what they ware and what they dont ware.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Allowed? Of corse it should be allowed. Whatever their religion wants them to do or whatever they want to wear, religion aside, should be allowed. I dont see how it's hurting anyone.

People who are racist twards women who wear them now, wont be any less racist if a law is passed that makes it illegal. Their view on islam would stay the same.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If we were to follow the idea of England being a free country then yes, they should be allowed. However, there's always the case of us being a CofE country (despite many many people not being Christian at all) and as such our customs arguably should be followed, just like we would have to follow Muslim customs if we visited a Muslim country (my dad went to Saudi on a business trip and wasn't allowed to take in any "dirty" meats, alcohol or newspapers - the newspapers all had pictures of women showing at least some part of their body, even if it was just an arm).

I personally don't see how forcing them not to wear their veils will actually help anti-racism, as it means they have to betray their religion just to live in this country, but heck I'm not a nice guy, I'm a realist, and in the real world there shouldn't be such Liberal freedom as to allow total freedom. Someone mentioned how in some shops you're asked to remove hoods or caps for identification purposes, the fact that Muslim women by religion wear veils could make a loophole for real criminals who could do their work in Muslim disguise and not be identified ever.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well at least people can't see if you have a runny nose.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Deathxcs View Post
    Well at least people can't see if you have a runny nose.
    Yeah I retract my comment, runny noses ain't pretty.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

If you go to a Muslim Country then you are forced to wear a Veil, It should be the same here, If a Muslim wants to wear a veil then it should wear it in private not in public, England is a Christian Country and has been for Hundreds of years and were happy with it the way it stands by Christian Laws, lets not change it to suit Muslims.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We can't stop people wearing their head veils in the UK, it's a free country. However, as Jack Straw rightly said, the majority of communication comes from eye contact, facial expressions e.t.c so it's just polite and expected to remove anything covering up your face when speaking to people.

My understanding of it is (correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason they wear these 'veils' is so that other men can't look at them because of their religion. If that's the case then there isn't really alot that can be done, passing a Law that states you must remove your veil when talking to people isn't practical.

However in certain circumstances women should be ordered to remove their veils regardless of their religion, human rights e.t.c. An example is the case at Leeds & Bradford airport the other day, where a Sun Reporter managed to get through Airport security, and even onto the plane without been asked to remove her veil. I'm not sure whether this was a matter of security staff not wanting to offend the person, or simply because they were useless, but if it's the first then serious questions need to be asked. If it was a matter of human rights then the human 'right to life' must be considered for other passengers on board, as although this time the Reporter wasn't a terrorist, next time it could be.
    Hello

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I did a final project on muslim women last year.

Some think Hijab is liberating and makes then seem like less of an object to other men.

I think it should be their choice.

Tokens
    Habbo
    YellowParasol-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    If you go to a Muslim Country then you are forced to wear a Veil, It should be the same here, If a Muslim wants to wear a veil then it should wear it in private not in public, England is a Christian Country and has been for Hundreds of years and were happy with it the way it stands by Christian Laws, lets not change it to suit Muslims.
    Sorry for a bit of a pointless post but i couldn't have put it better myself
    Last edited by YellowParasol; 10-10-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    Made a return after a few years away.. So much has changed

Big Peterborough United fan

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast