HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jam-ez View Post
    That was my opinion on it? Click here...
    Aha, That made me giggle inside

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas0123 View Post
    Aha, That made me giggle inside
    Whats so funny about that? please don't go offtopic

Tokens

Tis called humour...

I didnt comment on the layout so here goes..

First of all it doesnt appeal to me looks like a few minutes paint job, If you took the banner away it wouldnt scream habbo at me atall. To improve i would look at some other sites that you know and see how they make theirs appeal, maybe you should add some comment and text as its currently very plain.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's appalling.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why don't you all shut the hell up and give him what he's asking for, advice on how to improve.

Right, well, the first layout, I'd give a 1/10, the reworked one was definitely better, around 3/10. I'm not sure what you're going to have skinny enough to fit in those left tabs, so I's suggest actually placing them on top but horizontal rather than vertical. Also, I'd probably ditch the connectors and leave them detached by about 3/4 pixels or connect them like tabs.

Oh, and also, ad some Lorem Ipsum into it where you would have text on the site, it make it look fuller and more complete.
    Last edited by Nick.; 24-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    That went fast.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    Why don't you all shut the hell up and give him what he's asking for, advice on how to improve.

Right, well, the first layout, I'd give a 1/10, the reworked one was definitely better, around 3/10. I'm not sure what you're going to have skinny enough to fit in those left tabs, so I's suggest actually placing them on top but horizontal rather than vertical. Also, I'd probably ditch the connectors and leave them detached by about 3/4 pixels or connect them like tabs.

+REP for actually doing what I asked! Ill do those now, and the left tabs were ment to be for the navigation, should I move it?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, vertical text is very annoying unless used properly and is only really acceptable in a logo under rare circumstances.
    That went fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-Moody! View Post
    I've seen other designs, I was trying to make something unique, I cut some of it down, recoloured it and added a b/g.
    I gotta say the blue looks much better!
    Be who you want to be..
    BE
    ^^Look at that idiot^^
    He spells anonymous, anonlmous, what a dumb $%&#

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by anonlmous View Post
    I gotta say the blue looks much better!

Thank you, how can I improve it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-Moody! View Post
    Thank you, how can I improve it then?
    Here we go:
    A)
    so I's suggest actually placing them on top but horizontal rather than vertical. Also, I'd probably ditch the connectors and leave them detached by about 3/4 pixels or connect them like tabs.

Oh, and also, ad some Lorem Ipsum into it where you would have text on the site, it make it look fuller and more complete.
    B) Change the colour, use gradients (check our Britz's - unsure on spelling - design for some.. inspiration).

C) Check out http://www.hffm.co.uk/web/, for example. It uses lots of colour and doesn't have big blocks of boring colour anywhere. Also, white is best for the background of content.

D) I know ClubHabbo is a forum, but http://www.clubhabbo.net/, the colours they use have always appealed!

Well, now you know what to do, scrap your current design and start a fresh one - leave the past behind, in this boring thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast