HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammeth. View Post
    "If no survivors are found, the crash of AF flight 447 will be the world's worst aviation disaster since the Nov. 2001 plane crash in NYC"

Not by a long shot, I thought there were only 228 passengers on the plane? Still very sad of course, and its such a shame. Not the way to go at all
    Nov 2001 was American Airlines Flight 587? Which indeed is more passengers/more people killed. So I'm not so sure.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    Nov 2001 was American Airlines Flight 587? Which indeed is more passengers/more people killed. So I'm not so sure.
    Aye, Airbus A300-6.
    Thoughts are with all affected by this accident.

As for recovering the FDR and CVR, if trackable, it will be very expensive to do so.

Also, to the poster about Air Crash Investigation. If ACI does cover this particular accident and the CVR is found, then cockpit dialogue could be used for the re-enactment. To be honest, I'm still waiting for ACI to cover the 777 crash landing at Heathrow last January, the US Airways ditching this January and the Colgan Air Buffalo accident a few months back (and the reports for all of those crashes haven't even been completed yet), so I may be waiting for a few good years still.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    No I meant it definitely isn't the worlds worst aviation disaster AFTER Nov 2001, there have been so many more disasters with more than 228 fatalities.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Sammeth. View Post
    No I meant it definitely isn't the worlds worst aviation disaster AFTER Nov 2001, there have been so many more disasters with more than 228 fatalities.
    Matt is right. The last accident involving more than 228 fatalities was in November 2001 involving an American Airlines Airbus A300-600. The total fatality count was 265 (260 souls on board and 5 on ground).

If you mean before November 2001, then that would either be September 11th (involving all aircraft and ground fatalities) or the Tenerife collision.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh I interpreted it differently, I took it to mean it was 2nd to Sept 11th not literally after the date. My bad.
    Sammeth.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1540 View Post
    Matt is right. The last accident involving more than 228 fatalities was in November 2001 involving an American Airlines Airbus A300-600. The total fatality count was 265 (260 souls on board and 5 on ground).

If you mean before November 2001, then that would either be September 11th (involving all aircraft and ground fatalities) or the Tenerife collision.
    Thanks, I was reading everything after that date on wikipedia and couldn't find anything which was more .

Update; Brazil Defense minister says wreckage spotted in the Atlantic appears to be from the missing Air France flight.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 02-06-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thats sad and like why did they not sent out a mayday or whatever its called or is there nothing on planes that helps people locate hem

RIP to those people!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mwah View Post
    Thats sad and like why did they not sent out a mayday or whatever its called or is there nothing on planes that helps people locate hem

RIP to those people!
    Maydays are the last resort really, unless they can get help from the ground. The pilots of flight AF 447 were most likely too focused on figuring out what the hell went wrong or it could of just been in a matter of seconds and they didn't realise what was coming. Pilots normally mayday if they have time, say if it was an engine failure. Its normally pretty simple task to deal with and they will have to let ATC know so they can divert to the nearest airport if needed.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 02-06-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If it's a double engine failure a plane can glide for about 30 minutes, if I'm right, so surely the pilot would have had time. Don't know why the thought of lightning because planes are designed to be hit by lighting. Could have just had a complete and utter systems failure and gone straight down into the Atlantic.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    If it's a double engine failure a plane can glide for about 30 minutes, if I'm right, so surely the pilot would have had time. Don't know why the thought of lightning because planes are designed to be hit by lighting. Could have just had a complete and utter systems failure and gone straight down into the Atlantic.
    First of, don't assume on what has happened to the flight. No one knows for sure what the hell happened. They do know a number of faults occurred about 14 minutes after last contact with ATC. This is because Air France and most other airlines will have a system that sends a message to the Maintenance base that a fault has a occurred so they know what needs fixing/replacing or whatever.

the Airbus A330 sent ten maintenance messages reporting problems with the jet, including failure of several electrical components and pressurization problems.

Previous Habbox Roles

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast