HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

BACK ON TOPIC... *COUGH* lol

Unless you're REALLY good at remembering, then i would recommend a language

it's also REALLY hard to get a C grade in a language, in fact, harder than any other subject in school

It depends what you want to do later on in life, if you want to do something like art & design in college for example, i strongly recommend you don't take a language, as you will have no need for it.

To sum up; dont take if you find it hard to remember & memorize things
    dont take it if you think you wont enjoy it
    don't take it if you dont need it later on

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I suppose it's not really a must but knowing different languages are a big advantage

I'd love to know french though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

I really, really, really wished I'd taken a langage and learnt it properly. It amazes me when people can fluently speak in multiple languages and it makes me jealous. I do intend at some point in my life to teach myself other languages. I just wished I'd paid more attention in school and learnt them properly.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenatious View Post
    I really, really, really wished I'd taken a langage and learnt it properly. It amazes me when people can fluently speak in multiple languages and it makes me jealous. I do intend at some point in my life to teach myself other languages. I just wished I'd paid more attention in school and learnt them properly.
    haha true
    i learnt arabic for 4 years but never paid too much attention to it.So yeah,4 years and I can barely come up with a proper sentence -shrugs-

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you was asked it's because they think you are capable of doing well at it. I applied to take Spanish at GCSE level, a language not available to anyone until yr 10, as only French and German was taught. But because of my other option choices, I was unable to do so, and was very disappointed.

The ability to speak/write fluently in a foreign language may well be a skill that helps you along your career path, and could hold the key to some golden opportunties.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally, I am not really a 'language person' but I'm doing Spanish for GCSE and I think it's definitely worth it. The thing with a language is you have to put in a steady effort, it's not something you can cram just before your exam. You need to put in effort all through the 2 years, and really commit to memory a few tense patterns and useful verbs. If your teacher's good then these should come quite easily, but otherwise you'll need to put in a fair bit of effort at home. I remember hating Spanish before I started to make a bit of effort, but now I really enjoy it and it's so satisfying when you can think of a sentence in English and perfectly translate it into Spanish without having to pause or look anything up. As other people have said, languages are a very useful thing to have, even if you have only a bit of knowledge of them.

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if you're good at it then yeah, it's a good qualification to have!
    I love it when you
    flex like that

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samares

Latest Awards:

Thanks for the Advice guys. I want to be a teacher so i think ill do it,
    :¬:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a good idea if you need it or find it interesting, but it's not about "remembering" it as such, it's putting it to practical use as well.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've never regretted not taking spanish.

It's not essential but does look good.
    VR|46

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast