HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Nickiest.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm not going to send mods a pm everytime I report someone, most of the time if I report something it normally always gets ignored even when I have a valid point why it should removed. The majority of the posts reported will be spot on, those that aren't but may be slightly right should get a pm. Unless you want me to just set up a template and il pm you each time my report gets ignored :S fair enough.

edit: if ppl are taking the piss abusing the tool, warn them. Simple as. Oh and forum management should be allowed remove staff posts if they are breaking rules. I know oli is meant to do it but thats one person lol? hes not on all the time. It just seems like staff and normal members don't get treated equally.

For example:

Oli has his own opinion whether a post should be removed or not. However there is much more forum staff and those will hold different opinions on different posts. The odds to us could be like 10/1 yet for staff its like 1/1 :S
    People do get punished if they abuse the report post system.

Also, the rules have been changed slightly so that smods can now PM staff members about minor rule breaks, any repeated rule breaking and serious rule breaking gets dealt with by Oli.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I know this is off topic but why the hell is matt g announcing staff leaving habboxlive, when they aren't in a high position? Pretty sure thats how it always used to work. Habboxlive management announce normal staff. Matt g announces management.
    ofwgktadgaf

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Right, well I want to know it. So now you and all the forum staff know to pm me if I report something thats wrong.

We're not going to PM you every time you report something incorrectly. If we spot you're continuously reporting something which isn't breaking the rules then perhaps yes, although this won't happen in every case. You can PM us if you're unsure on something or if you're concerned a rulebreak hasn't been dealt with properly.

We have to remember that forum members are not moderators, they don't need to be the ones making the accurate decisions and they don't need to be acting as moderators- that's the moderation teams job. Reporting a post is very simple, doesn't take long and will always be looked into by the moderation team. If a post hasn't been dealt with then 99% of the time it will be because the post simply does not need dealing with. It's not very often that someone continuously reports things that don't break the rules, and it's only in this case we could help them, however if you want more clarification on a rule then that's when you can contact us/enquire about it.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    People do get punished if they abuse the report post system.

Also, the rules have been changed slightly so that smods can now PM staff members about minor rule breaks, any repeated rule breaking and serious rule breaking gets dealt with by Oli.
    Well I suppose thats better in some sense. I can under stand why jamesy can't remove staff posts but I don't understand why he can't remove peoples posts who are normal staff. Fair enough if removes a member of managements post, a fuss might kick up. But at the end of the day jamesys in higher authority to any of the normal staff so it should be allowed. Like-wise with super mods.

---------- Post added 16-11-2010 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    We're not going to PM you every time you report something incorrectly. If we spot you're continuously reporting something which isn't breaking the rules then perhaps yes, although this won't happen in every case. You can PM us if you're unsure on something or if you're concerned a rulebreak hasn't been dealt with properly.

We have to remember that forum members are not moderators, they don't need to be the ones making the accurate decisions and they don't need to be acting as moderators- that's the moderation teams job. Reporting a post is very simple, doesn't take long and will always be looked into by the moderation team. If a post hasn't been dealt with then 99% of the time it will be because the post simply does not need dealing with. It's not very often that someone continuously reports things that don't break the rules, and it's only in this case we could help them, however if you want more clarification on a rule then that's when you can contact us/enquire about it.
    Lol I'm not trying to be a mod, what pisses me off is, I'll get done for pointless posting or some crap then another person will do something similar / worse and get away with it. Its annoying as **** especially with staff, whenever I report a staff member almost on every occasion it gets ignored. Unless pm's are getting sent, which obviously I can't see so from where I'm looking at it, it looks like staff are getting away with ****.
    Last edited by Richie; 16-11-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Lol I'm not trying to be a mod, what pisses me off is, I'll get done for pointless posting or some crap then another person will do something similar / worse and get away with it. Its annoying as **** especially with staff, whenever I report a staff member almost of every occasion it gets ignored. Unless pm's are getting sent, which obviously I can't see so from where I'm looking at it, it looks like staff are getting away with ****.
    Ah right. Well that's the perfect case to send a PM to Hecktix to ask that exact question. As far as I'm concerned the rules should be equal for everyone, and nobody should be getting away with things another member has been penalised for etc. Up until yesterday all staff post reports were sent to Hecktix to be dealt with, however with the new system these should be kept on top of more quickly. But yeah, all members should be punished for rulebreaks in the same way since they are following the same set of rules as everyone else. If you're concerned about these type of things/a particular case of this happening then send a PM to hecktix or even a supermoderator who will look into it for you, as sometimes a second opinion can make all the difference.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Nickiest.

Latest Awards:

Well I suppose thats better in some sense. I can under stand why jamesy can't remove staff posts but I don't understand why he can't remove peoples posts who are normal staff. Fair enough if removes a member of managements post, a fuss might kick up. But at the end of the day jamesys in higher authority to any of the normal staff so it should be allowed. Like-wise with super mods.
    I disagree. If we go around dealing with all of their serious rule breaking posts then it's like we're acting higher than they are, when really we are staff members just like them too. That is why it is better for Oli to deal with the serious rule breaking or any rule breaking that requires further action than say a PM because it's his job is to manage the staff.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

could someone not make some changes to the report posts thing that moderators see so it has like a few preset options of things you can reply to the user with like things that tell them how its not breaking any rules but not being too specific to need a million presets? and then if the user wants to know more about it they can reply to the message
    Last edited by Meanies; 16-11-2010 at 02:31 PM.

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Ah right. Well that's the perfect case to send a PM to Hecktix to ask that exact question. As far as I'm concerned the rules should be equal for everyone, and nobody should be getting away with things another member has been penalised for etc. Up until yesterday all staff post reports were sent to Hecktix to be dealt with, however with the new system these should be kept on top of more quickly. But yeah, all members should be punished for rulebreaks in the same way since they are following the same set of rules as everyone else. If you're concerned about these type of things/a particular case of this happening then send a PM to hecktix or even a supermoderator who will look into it for you, as sometimes a second opinion can make all the difference.
    I understand that martin but in all honesty, do you think a super mod will go against olis decision? because I know if I was a mod I wouldn't. It would just make the management look dodgy.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can see why they wouldn't reply back, but that's probably a problem with the vBulletin report post system than the moderators.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I disagree. If we go around dealing with all of their serious rule breaking posts then it's like we're acting higher than they are, when really we are staff members just like them too. That is why it is better for Oli to deal with the serious rule breaking or any rule breaking that requires further action than say a PM because it's his job is to manage the staff.
    Normal staff members and super mods are equal but non staff members are lower than them all, I understand.

---------- Post added 16-11-2010 at 02:47 PM ----------

Its just frustrating, If a staff member broke rule 'A3' I could easily go into that thread now and reply "NO HE WASN'T A SCAMMER DON'T SPEAK ABOUT MY FRIEND LIKE THAT" so it defeats the purpose of the rule because the problem has already escalated into an argument. That's why stuff like that should be removed instantly, staff or not.
    Last edited by Richie; 16-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast