HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Work Experience

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I'm going to a Zoo and working with the manager luvin the animals there.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I went to a job agency, it was **** but it was a last resort, since everything I went to just kept bailing because I left it too late (lol).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

I'm going to a family-friend's company he does public relations with media etc.

I originally wanted Capital FM or BBC but Capital you have to be 16 and I'll only be 15, and BBC is so hard to get (my Dad knows some high-ranking people and couldn't get anything).

I got my placement but then was offered Channel 4 (via school) but I didn't want to let my Family-friend down because he's really excited about having me so yh.

It depends what you're interested in. As you can tell I'm interested in media/drama although I did look into banks or stockbrokers - most of which only take 16+ ;l

A friend of mine is doing Game Testing (jammy **** lol) and another is working in a dentistry. If your Dad works somewhere interesting ask him - I asked my Dad but his company is strictly Post-grads only. If you don't know anyone, then look up companies and look at the "Jobs" section and see if it mentions work experience. Maybe send them an email saying your situation and you'd like to do work experience there etc.

A few people said this already, but finally...your old school is a very popular choice. Loads of my friends are doing that, go and help with the school, apparently it's not too hard (basically you just hand sheets out for the kids, help tidy up etc.) and if another friend does it with you it can be a laugh.

Those are my suggestions

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've done work experience on a adult ward, paediatric ward and also observed cardiothoracic and cardiovascular surgery which was fun

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I worked at my college for work experience. I did a lot of different and interesting things working will all different departments.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    triston220

Latest Awards:

I still haven't get my work experience back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaack! View Post
    See, however much I want this, my girlfriend uses my PC too much, and I would be killed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

to be honest, everyone goes, EVERYWHERE.
    im doing it in whsmith, my friends are doing it in the body shop, CEX, opticians, law firm, electricians company, royal mail, restaurant, its all really random!
    just go into town and ask in all the shops, thats what i did, but all the places were taken so i just took whsmith cos it was available!
    Last edited by kuzkasate; 02-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Tokens

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm hoping to do something that might interest me but so far I've only thought of travel agents as I enjoy geography (I didn't take it though :S not sure why not, regret it now)

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, View Post
    I'm going to a family-friend's company he does public relations with media etc.

I originally wanted Capital FM or BBC but Capital you have to be 16 and I'll only be 15, and BBC is so hard to get (my Dad knows some high-ranking people and couldn't get anything).

I got my placement but then was offered Channel 4 (via school) but I didn't want to let my Family-friend down because he's really excited about having me so yh.

It depends what you're interested in. As you can tell I'm interested in media/drama although I did look into banks or stockbrokers - most of which only take 16+ ;l

A friend of mine is doing Game Testing (jammy **** lol) and another is working in a dentistry. If your Dad works somewhere interesting ask him - I asked my Dad but his company is strictly Post-grads only. If you don't know anyone, then look up companies and look at the "Jobs" section and see if it mentions work experience. Maybe send them an email saying your situation and you'd like to do work experience there etc.

A few people said this already, but finally...your old school is a very popular choice. Loads of my friends are doing that, go and help with the school, apparently it's not too hard (basically you just hand sheets out for the kids, help tidy up etc.) and if another friend does it with you it can be a laugh.

Those are my suggestions
    Wow.. you are interested in everything I am! I tried to find PR near me there was nothing, nothing for media, nothing for drama. My mums friend works in the media and would of probably been able to get me a placement in soemwhere like ITV or Channel 4 like you got offered but obviously as I'm in Portsmouth it wouldn't have been possible unfortunatley. I can't beleive you turned down Channel 4, I would snap that up and just hope the person understood what a great oppertunity it is!
    Gabriella Cilmi and Mollie King are legends.
    I quite like Una Healy too

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

I did a week in a consultant eingineers office.

I'm going to do another week in a hospital and another with a quantity surveyor.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

I just put in two applications, one for a travel agents (priority) and one for an estate agents (priority backup) I'm allowed two more applications if I want.

We use this website and you rank them on how you want the applications to be given, so if my travel agents fails, then it goes onto estate agents, if that fails then I have another backup, and then i have like a final final backup and if that fails then i'll have to do private placement but I'm quite good in interviews and applications so I probably wont.. not sure what else to apply for though..
    Gabriella Cilmi and Mollie King are legends.
    I quite like Una Healy too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast