HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Lmao how is it more natural, as said above I think humans are capable of walking diagonally.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure I can walk diagonally in real life lol. On the topic of mazes; http://www.habbo.com/room/31143111 - [my fav maze] pass the first room and go to second room, and it doesn't seem to let you walk off the mat on the rollers once you're on it?

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They've pulled this crap before (shameless plug of an old thread of mine: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...ruined+history).

The sad fact is that the people making these decisions seem completely oblivious to the work and thought that goes into designing games, mazes and user-created rooms in general. There are foundations which all rooms are built on; given truths about the game which are understood to be constants (because they've been unchanged since I made that bloody thread 2 years ago).

Many user-created rooms are enormously complicated and when you change something so that users suddenly cannot go diagonally anymore it completely destroys the room. There are tonnes of wired mazes currently sitting a state where if someone sits on a chair on a roller-bridge, the room is broken and the entire maze cannot be completed (without glitches).

However, the most infuriating bit about it is that they have the gall to introduce such changes without a single mention of it. They seem to be under the impression that users are too stupid to understand or notice when a fundamental change to the game dynamics is made. Not everyone is out there mindlessly playing Cozzie Change and "seeking rich HC bf"s. Plenty users know the game inside out and build their rooms and games around these long-established conventions of how Habbos navigate throughout rooms. Its a complete joke. You'll notice that the 'article' which describes the 'maintenance' that the hotel is currently undergoing is gone as well. The only evidence is a tweet.

And if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't have high hopes for them returning stacking to its working ways either. It has literally taken years to get to this point; for people to crack that aspect of the game so that users can stack things where they want and design more impressive rooms. And at this point in time a fundamental aspect of stacking (which has worked seamlessly since rollers were introduced to the game) doesn't work. It's an absolute joke.

And for what? Literally for what reason has any of this crap happened? There's been no information given at all as to why 90% of wired mazes have been ruined. No reason given as to why stacking convention which has existed for longer than most of the staff have worked at Habbo has been undone and no reason given for why furni which worked perfectly until last Monday is now practically impossible to use.

The disconnect between the people making these decisions and the users is absolutely unbelievable.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, the natural argument was just what they gave me. The developers did suggest it was the first stage of a future update they were planning but the fact remains that these games are already ruined. Most of these games we enjoyed playing before the staff who made them were employed by Sulake.

It is almost as if they don't think things through. Usually, I'd argue that the development team understand Habbo more than the community staff. However, the fact that community staff have recently championed rooms which would now be impossible with the changes show me that the community staff (powertoo, .beeches.) have a relatively decent understanding of what us, as Habbos enjoy doing.

Then the developers take over and make absolutely inane changes with no justification. I have no doubt I have played for longer than the vast majority of people and I have never, not once felt that the running of Habbo has been poor. I was able to give Paul the benefit of the doubt - he wanted what was best (imo).

However, these changes and the lack of explanation show total disrespect to the users who pay the wages of people making them.
    Last edited by edible; 11-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The best thing to do is wait this out, let's see what happens in the next week or so and if anything changes! They wouldn't just say ''Okay I feel like removing diag walk today for the lulz'' - there must be a reason behind it, if deliberate.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeel View Post
    The best thing to do is wait this out, let's see what happens in the next week or so and if anything changes! They wouldn't just say ''Okay I feel like removing diag walk today for the lulz'' - there must be a reason behind it, if deliberate.
    Yeah, I waited a few days before I raged I doubt developers would have lied to me when they said it's to make Habbo's movement look more natural. It would explain why your Habbo can no longer fall from heights and diagonal. I know you can walk diagonal in real life but Habbo's walking diagonally aren't aesthetically as pleasing as the alternatives. So if it's just merely a case of aesthetics and realism I'll be very disappointed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by edible View Post
    Yeah, I waited a few days before I raged I doubt developers would have lied to me when they said it's to make Habbo's movement look more natural. It would explain why your Habbo can no longer fall from heights and diagonal. I know you can walk diagonal in real life but Habbo's walking diagonally aren't aesthetically as pleasing as the alternatives. So if it's just merely a case of aesthetics and realism I'll be very disappointed.
    They could just be keeping something a secret, but if its not changed after the working week then we'll know for sure it's a stayer.

Oh btw, I can diag :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeel View Post
    They could just be keeping something a secret, but if its not changed after the working week then we'll know for sure it's a stayer.

Oh btw, I can diag :S
    Yeah, it's just in certain circumstances they've changed it for which rubbishes their natural argument entirely.

For example, beforehand you would have been able to diag in the following screenie but now you cannot:

It is because you can't stand on the pillow. So you can't diag. If it was a tile you could. Such a pointless change imho.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by edible View Post
    Yeah, it's just in certain circumstances they've changed it for which rubbishes their natural argument entirely.

For example, beforehand you would have been able to diag in the following screenie but now you cannot:

It is because you can't stand on the pillow. So you can't diag. If it was a tile you could. Such a pointless change imho.
    Now I don't understand why you can normally, but not if a furniture is there. Hopefully this is remedied in the next few upcoming maintenance's and we can see what's what

As for falling off furniture, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do this so i'd think that's only a bug.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Orvakki

Latest Awards:

If they want to turn it off so desperately why not make it an option like room walls?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast