HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    You might as well be the Sherlock Holmes of solving historical inconsistencies of Habbo furniture. Love what you're doing here with tracking + preserving old school intricacies like this.

I can see the skepticism in an item that doesn't load. As theres a level of cool factor and 'collectible' appeal to a poster like this that simply looks like a glitch, there's also a huge risk factor of Habbo correcting this error and simply removing them from the server at some future point??

Just some thoughts.
    Haha thanks! :-) Although I love the elusiveness and the sense of mystery surrounding this poster and other such items, somebody needed to get to the bottom of it and find out what it actually was. So many different stories floating around, its a bit of an Urban Legend.

I can understand your concern about the possibility of it being removed in the future. Though I have a certain reason to suspect that it won't ever happen. I believe this because Habbo has consistently mainly focused on bringing out new features and new furniture and have a terrible track record of fixing and maintaining items they released even a few years ago. There are a plethora of anomalies ranging from incorrect Info-Matic icons for the ICMs and Fans to ‘Greep Carp’.

The only way I can see the poster_0_name disappearing is if they actually confiscate them from our accounts, a practice they haven’t done with scripted furniture for many years now. This is because they would find it very challenging to dissect it from the data. In order to erase poster_0_name they would need to delete ID 4001, which also acts as a reference point for all the other posters added between 2001 and 2010. So I logically if ID 4001 gets removed, it would effect majority of the posters on Habbo. Unless the devs have a way of actually changing all the posters in-client to point to a different set of data, I think this will either be impossible or too time consuming.

As NotMiceElf said, ‘posters suck’!

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    I actually read it all and I admire your passion for discovering such things like this
    Thank you :-) I’m still trying to get to the bottom of the Zon Parasol and Amber Floor Rug, which is proving somewhat more challenging to do.
    Last edited by DJ_Shadow; 11-09-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post
    Haha thanks! :-) Although I love the elusiveness and the sense of mystery surrounding this poster and other such items, somebody needed to get to the bottom of it and find out what it actually was. So many different stories floating around, its a bit of an Urban Legend.

I can understand your concern about the possibility of it being removed in the future. Though I have a certain reason to suspect that it won't ever happen. I believe this because Habbo has consistently mainly focused on bringing out new features and new furniture and have a terrible track record of fixing and maintaining items they released even a few years ago. There are a plethora of anomalies ranging from incorrect Info-Matic icons for the ICMs and Fans to ‘Greep Carp’.

The only way I can see the poster_0_name disappearing is if they actually confiscate them from our accounts, a practice they haven’t done with scripted furniture for many years now. This is because they would find it very challenging to dissect it from the data. In order to erase poster_0_name they would need to delete ID 4001, which also acts as a reference point for all the other posters added between 2001 and 2010. So I logically if ID 4001 gets removed, it would effect majority of the posters on Habbo. Unless the devs have a way of actually changing all the posters in-client to point to a different set of data, I think this will either be impossible or too time consuming.

As NotMiceElf said, ‘posters suck’!

Thank you :-) I’m still trying to get to the bottom of the Zon Parasol and Amber Floor Rug, which is proving somewhat more challenging to do.
    Good luck with the Parasol, I tried bloody hard to find the origin of that a while back and it's dead ends almost everywhere you look
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Absolutely fantastic work Harry! I personally don't have any more information to add on this subject, however I wish you all the best in trying to get to the bottom of the origins of these rares. If you need any assistance, please contact me :] +rep

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

If you enjoy researching things like this, I am trying to compile a group of writings for our Articles Department with this sort of information!

If you feel up to writing a guest article on your pursuing of "habbo history" and "artifacts" (let's be real, with the amount of hidden furni in the hotel, there could be a lot of discovering) then you are more than welcome to send me one.

If you decide to, I'd be able to post it for ya on the front of habbox.com.

Your post was very in depth and a great read. Sometimes you forget about these sort of things until some one posts about them.
    +rep for you, @DJ_Shadow;

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Good luck with the Parasol, I tried bloody hard to find the origin of that a while back and it's dead ends almost everywhere you look
    I know what you mean. I’ve managed to track down eight of them and published a list on the wiki, some of the owners have had it since it was the original white parasol @elcarz. I have pinpointed an approximate date it was added (mid-2007 at the latest), though it is appearing to be more puzzling than the poster to solve. If Sulake didn’t erase the habbo.ca articles from before the merge it would shed some more light on how it came about. I’ve heard there were sightings on .co.uk, .sg and original .com too, but there is no solid evidence of this. Though this Youtube video confirms that it was at least on Habbo.ca and was white up until 2009. HotelEmo (the user in the video) is still active on .com but chooses to appear offline. Efforts to contact him have been in vain.. :-(

I was reading through some old threads about the Parasol and found this this thread from 2012. I noticed that you were a major contributor in it, and so were some of the other people that have viewed this page. Its interesting to read about its glitchy past and this echoes exactly what I have heard from past owners and .ca veterans.

I have looked in the externals of other hotels and discovered an equivalent of the Zon is present on all of them that I’ve checked, but they’re not necessarily in circulation. For example on the Spanish Hotel they have an rare green parasol. But contrary to public opinion this is different from the Zon on .com. It’s identical as our normal green one (id="289”) but is called the ‘Sombrilla Verde’ instead. This has led to substantial confusion.

However a 5th Parasol exists in the .es gamedata with a similar ID to our Zon. This is their equivalent of our Ultra Rare Parasol, not the ‘Sombrilla Verde’.

.com
    <furnitype id="2122" classname="rare_parasol">
    <name>Parasol</name>
    <description>Zon! Zon! Zon!</description>

.es
    <furnitype id="2120" classname="rare_parasol">
    <name>Sombrilla Rosa</name>
    <description>¡Sol! ¡Sol! ¡Sol!</description>

Thats basically all I know, and we’ve still got a long way to go before we finally solve this. But if you think I have missed anything mentioned above or dispute anything we should have a proper conversation about this (we should anyway!) :-)

You haven’t even got me started on the Amber Floor Rug!

Quote Originally Posted by Headlines View Post
    Absolutely fantastic work Harry! I personally don't have any more information to add on this subject, however I wish you all the best in trying to get to the bottom of the origins of these rares. If you need any assistance, please contact me :] +rep
    Thank you! All I ask is that if you find out any more information on these items or sightings I have not recorded on the wiki to either post here or let me know. It would be very much appreciated :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    If you enjoy researching things like this, I am trying to compile a group of writings for our Articles Department with this sort of information!

If you feel up to writing a guest article on your pursuing of "habbo history" and "artifacts" (let's be real, with the amount of hidden furni in the hotel, there could be a lot of discovering) then you are more than welcome to send me one.

If you decide to, I'd be able to post it for ya on the front of habbox.com.

Your post was very in depth and a great read. Sometimes you forget about these sort of things until some one posts about them.
    +rep for you, @DJ_Shadow;
    Yeah, its a shame these intriguing items disappear into obscurity and the average person never hears of them. I will take you up on your offer of a guest article or two on the origins of some of these items, maybe it will make them more known among users and increase their popularity. I will work on an article when I have some spare time (and after some more research) and send it to you.

Thanks for reading :-)
    Last edited by DJ_Shadow; 11-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know what you mean. I’ve managed to track down eight of them and published a list on the wiki, some of the owners have had it since it was the original white parasol @elcarz. I have pinpointed an approximate date it was added (mid-2007 at the latest), though it is appearing to be more puzzling than the poster to solve. If Sulake didn’t erase the habbo.ca articles from before the merge it would shed some more light on how it came about. I’ve heard there were sightings on .co.uk, .sg and original .com too, but there is no solid evidence of this. Though this Youtube video confirms that it was at least on Habbo.ca and was white up until 2009. HotelEmo (the user in the video) is still active on .com but chooses to appear offline. Efforts to contact him have been in vain.. :-(

I was reading through some old threads about the Parasol and found this this thread from 2012. I noticed that you were a major contributor in it, and so were some of the other people that have viewed this page. Its interesting to read about its glitchy past and this echoes exactly what I have heard from past owners and .ca veterans.

I have looked in the externals of other hotels and discovered an equivalent of the Zon is present on all of them that I’ve checked, but they’re not necessarily in circulation. For example on the Spanish Hotel they have an rare green parasol. But contrary to public opinion this is different from the Zon on .com. It’s identical as our normal green one (id="289”) but is called the ‘Sombrilla Verde’ instead. This has led to substantial confusion.

However a 5th Parasol exists in the .es gamedata with a similar ID to our Zon. This is their equivalent of our Ultra Rare Parasol, not the ‘Sombrilla Verde’.

.com
    <furnitype id="2122" classname="rare_parasol">
    <name>Parasol</name>
    <description>Zon! Zon! Zon!</description>

.es
    <furnitype id="2120" classname="rare_parasol">
    <name>Sombrilla Rosa</name>
    <description>¡Sol! ¡Sol! ¡Sol!</description>

Thats basically all I know, and we’ve still got a long way to go before we finally solve this. But if you think I have missed anything mentioned above or dispute anything we should have a proper conversation about this (we should anyway!) :-)

You haven’t even got me started on the Amber Floor Rug!

Thank you! All I ask is that if you find out any more information on these items or sightings I have not recorded on the wiki to either post here or let me know. It would be very much appreciated :-)

Yeah, its a shame these intriguing items disappear into obscurity and the average person never hears of them. I will take you up on your offer of a guest article or two on the origins of some of these items, maybe it will make them more known among users and increase their popularity. I will work on an article when I have some spare time (and after some more research) and send it to you.

Thanks for reading :-)
    You sure it was added mid 2007? From this post by a Canadian hotel user > http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...69#post7623969 it seems it was around in at least early 2006. Sorry if I read your post wrong haha!
    /

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

You sure it was added mid 2007? From this post by a Canadian hotel user > http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...69#post7623969 it seems it was around in at least early 2006. Sorry if I read your post wrong haha!
    Yes, there still seems to be some ambiguity as to when they first appeared. Though by examining the furnidata and looking at what was added before and after the Zon (ID 2122) we can get an estimation as to when it was added, but not necessarily when it was released. Everything added between IDs 2106 and 2121 were Romantique furniture which did not feature until V12 in 2007. Then there were a few Valentines items (suggesting that this might have been early 2007), then followed a mix of items released that year and more Romantique before starting to see some Habbowood items for September 2007. So I'm pretty certain it wasn't around in 2006.

You can find this all here :-)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, there still seems to be some ambiguity as to when they first appeared. Though by examining the furnidata and looking at what was added before and after the Zon (ID 2122) we can get an estimation as to when it was added, but not necessarily when it was released. Everything added between IDs 2106 and 2121 were Romantique furniture which did not feature until V12 in 2007. Then there were a few Valentines items (suggesting that this might have been early 2007), then followed a mix of items released that year and more Romantique before starting to see some Habbowood items for September 2007. So I'm pretty certain it wasn't around in 2006.

You can find this all here :-)
    Jeez I can't believe I've never actually thought of using the furniture IDs to figure out approx date of addition lmao. Nice one :!
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    tpittman-11

I had a Zon! parasol a couple of years ago and sold it to a friend. He doesn't play often anymore, but I've left him a couple of messages in hopes that he sees it in soon.... I'ma get that parasol back omg.
    Basically what happened was they gave out parasols with the purchase of credits.... there was a coding error (the paras were silver for a couple of days), then they made then non-tradable and you can no longer open/close them; they're stuck in their position foreveerrrrrr.
    Also they certainly came out AFTER 2007... more like summer 2008! I'm positive of that because I had the glitch when I bought it (and I didn't start playing til 2007)

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tpittman-11 View Post
    I had a Zon! parasol a couple of years ago and sold it to a friend. He doesn't play often anymore, but I've left him a couple of messages in hopes that he sees it in soon.... I'ma get that parasol back omg.
    Basically what happened was they gave out parasols with the purchase of credits.... there was a coding error (the paras were silver for a couple of days), then they made then non-tradable and you can no longer open/close them; they're stuck in their position foreveerrrrrr.
    Also they certainly came out AFTER 2007... more like summer 2008! I'm positive of that because I had the glitch when I bought it (and I didn't start playing til 2007)
    Oh wow! Can you see if he has it in any of his rooms?

Interesting, I had never thought about it being given out as part of purchase of credits. Was it anything to do with a Credit Action campaign? Because thats how some Rares such as the Gold Plasma gate was released, or was it just buying a certain amount of credits? I would have thought there would have been more of them around in this case.

The Youtube video in my earlier post was from 2009 and it was still white then, yet there are some account of it only being white for a short while.. Weird that they would release another green parasol though, surely it would have made more sense to keep it as white? They fixed the glitch about it being stuck 2 years ago and its fine now thankfully - and its tradable.

Best of luck trying to find this one! :-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast