HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Well, I don't know how GommeInc can call anyone who gets EMA 'greedy' ? how can they be greedy? they haven't got the money to be greedy, trust me, I'm in that position, I'm not greedy, so people have no rights whatsoever to say that, I find it disgusting.

Calling people 'Greedy' isn't a debate, it's a clear provocation.
    I never said people who get EMA are greedy, only the peopne in this thread who receive EMA and use the response "jealousy" when the EMA is questioned And if you can't take opinion, you should probably not be alive, let alone on a forum where opinion sharing is what a forum is all about :/

At least Feep can read Besides, I am using what the EMA states against people the greedy people who use the jealousy argument, by pulling up a decent and better system which doesn't hand money over to students.

It's not a form of income, and shouldn't be looked at as a source of income, which alot of people who receive the EMA believe it to be for :/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It's not a form of income, and shouldn't be looked at as a source of income, which alot of people who receive the EMA believe it to be for :/
    so if we take your argument as it is, you also disagree with benefits for parents, ect? correct?
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

so if we take your argument as it is, you also disagree with benefits for parents, ect? correct?
    Thats a totaly different argument, I think JSA is a good thing. And they have recently been hacking down on the people that arn't actaully looking for jobs. Aslong as people are actually looking or work and not sitting on there arse all day then JSA is fine by me.

But that has nothing to do with EMA.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No? Because I disagree with giving money to students The benefits system is useful, but at the same time can be easily abused and is by alot of people

Besides, it's a different system - the EMA is for educational costs (as quoted by the EMA meaning): Transport, equipment, books and other costs.

It's not a typical benefits system that gives financial aid for a decent quality of life, it focuses on something rather than exists for the sake of financial aid e.g. widows allowance and childrens allowance.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you actually ask a majority of people who get it then they do spend a majority of there money on education. For example, I get it and I have spent like £200 on my school work over the past year and other things such as equipment, trips etc and if I didnt receive it then I wouldnt have been able to.

There is alot of money which I dont have a use for so spend it on other things. But that money has been allocated for them purposes. There are billions of other benefits for other people which are going unclaimed year after year. That money is obviously allocated and coming from somewere so were is that money going. No were near as much of that money is going into the EMA system so if it can help some people go out and party like most people take for granted or what ever then why not do it.

Billions of pounds go unclaimed and that money seems to vanish into thin air, why not give it to these people, atleast that way some money is moving around in the econemy etc etc et c

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    If you actually ask a majority of people who get it then they do spend a majority of there money on education. For example, I get it and I have spent like £200 on my school work over the past year and other things such as equipment, trips etc and if I didnt receive it then I wouldnt have been able to.

There is alot of money which I dont have a use for so spend it on other things. But that money has been allocated for them purposes. There are billions of other benefits for other people which are going unclaimed year after year. That money is obviously allocated and coming from somewere so were is that money going. No were near as much of that money is going into the EMA system so if it can help some people go out and party like most people take for granted or what ever then why not do it.

Billions of pounds go unclaimed and that money seems to vanish into thin air, why not give it to these people, atleast that way some money is moving around in the econemy etc etc et c
    But the goverment like GommeInc said, 2 weeks of ema pays for a termly bus pass (£60 ish) and maybe a lunch pass and books and stuff. £30 a week could cover that easily

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Where I live, for a yearly bus pass was £600 with like £100 saving so two weeks wouldnt really cover it. Lunch at my school is like £3 a day, thats £15 a week. Things are different in different parts of the country so as I just exampled, things can change quiet drastically from place to place.

Tokens

Where I live, for a yearly bus pass was £600 with like £100 saving so two weeks wouldnt really cover it. Lunch at my school is like £3 a day, thats £15 a week. Things are different in different parts of the country so as I just exampled, things can change quiet drastically from place to place.
    £600!

I could buy a 306 with that and still have £100 left over!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yup, I know its pretty bad here and a month pass is like £15.

Tokens

Yup, I know its pretty bad here and a month pass is like £15.
    £15 is good lol for a month anyway