HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

EMA is wierd really, i used to go to a college last year that all the students in my class (exp 1) got ema, but none of them really needed it, there parents paid for there bus passes ext and the money was spent on booze and nights out.
    But the college i go to now is completely different, the people all need ema, they dont use it for drink and nights out they use it for food and drinks in college, you woulnt think theres that much difference. Although i agree with Gomme, books and stuff would be better, which brings me onto the new thing which is alike to EMA, it gives you books and rulers and stuff for the subjects your studying, which in my eyes now prooves ema is worthless, if they are going to pay for that :s

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Our school gives us writing and reading books, don't know about your schools... and I don't exactly need a bus pass, as it wouldn't be used to get too school, and with EMA I can afford dinner (it's £1.20 for a sandwich fgs, + a drink, which is 60p, and a sandwich isn't exactly going to fill you up, I end up spending about £3 per dinner, that's £15 gone rite their each week, and I wouldn't exactly want my mum to pay that each week for me.)
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Feep View Post
    £15 is good lol for a month anyway
    oh soz i meant to say week (A)
    but ye, at our school the school dont get any budget for 6th formers, thats why we have to buy almost all our materials apart from wiriting paper, thats why I need it, especially because I do 2 practical subjects.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But the goverment like GommeInc said, 2 weeks of ema pays for a termly bus pass (£60 ish) and maybe a lunch pass and books and stuff. £30 a week could cover that easily
    I said that?! I just said free travel passes Didn't actually say how much a pass should be (it was over £120 a term for a bus pass to my college 9 miles away) so they can't really judge it by one location and distance travelled per bus/train pass. Passes tend to be given out on a term by term basis, so an organisation wouldn't have to worry about weekly payments, just termly payments which would effectively cut down work costs

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Our school gives us writing and reading books, don't know about your schools... and I don't exactly need a bus pass, as it wouldn't be used to get too school, and with EMA I can afford dinner (it's £1.20 for a sandwich fgs, + a drink, which is 60p, and a sandwich isn't exactly going to fill you up, I end up spending about £3 per dinner, that's £15 gone rite their each week, and I wouldn't exactly want my mum to pay that each week for me.)
    How did you manage at school then? The EMA is for 16+ year olds, so college. They must of been able to afford food for you, especially when making your own food is alot cheaper than buying it pre-made. Besides, food isn't one of the reasons to get the EMA
    Last edited by GommeInc; 13-09-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i need my EMA to get to college. i can't afford it otherwise. it costs £18 a week to get to my college, not including books and all the other assorted crap. i rarely get to spend my EMA on other things

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I said that?! I just said free travel passes Didn't actually say how much a pass should be (it was over £120 a term for a bus pass to my college 9 miles away) so they can't really judge it by one location and distance travelled per bus/train pass. Passes tend to be given out on a term by term basis, so an organisation wouldn't have to worry about weekly payments, just termly payments which would effectively cut down work costs

How did you manage at school then? The EMA is for 16+ year olds, so college. They must of been able to afford food for you, especially when making your own food is alot cheaper than buying it pre-made. Besides, food isn't one of the reasons to get the EMA
    at our school they make everyone stop in school accept for 6th formers. (so more people buy their food!)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

at our school they make everyone stop in school accept for 6th formers. (so more people buy their food!)
    Seriously?! That goes against some laws, I'm sure of that :S Unless you live in a very dangerous town / city?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Seriously?! That goes against some laws, I'm sure of that :S Unless you live in a very dangerous town / city?
    Nope, they're doing it! they only let children out if they have medical problems, or can only eat certain foods, and that's it, 6th formers only.

Our area is pretty rough, there is one half rough, and one half normal, so our schools a bit of both.

My parents said it could be against the law, but it doesn't affect me, so they aren't bothered.

Tokens

Nope, they're doing it! they only let children out if they have medical problems, or can only eat certain foods, and that's it, 6th formers only.

Our area is pretty rough, there is one half rough, and one half normal, so our schools a bit of both.

My parents said it could be against the law, but it doesn't affect me, so they aren't bothered.
    You can get a lunch pass, if you arrange it with your parents and school.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can get a lunch pass, if you arrange it with your parents and school.
    it doesn't affect me, (i'm a 6th former) and 6th formers are allowed out, and they don't allow lunch passes for anyone from years 7-11, only people with eating problems/need certain foods ect get to go home.