HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Depends what they mean by "resisted capture". Usually that only works when the individual is armed and is ready to shoot to stop others capturing him, but as he was unarmed I can't see him being that much of a problem. I just picture a bearded man running around in circles shouting "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go" and a US troop muttering "Oh shut up" *bang*
    The article does claim he was reaching for a weapon but I don't know what to believe. I think it's safe to believe that other people were firing in the house though (report also says that), although they say he wasnt as guarded as they expected I'd imagine he was still pretty guarded, guards with firearms, whether bin laden was shooting or not people were shooting for him. Original stories say they killed the wife now she's been shot in the leg, it's crazy stuff.

Then there's the situation with the ISA... it's all mucked up. It's bizarre that there's been no Al Qaeda statement on the matter, I thought someone would have released a video or something, Osama didnt run the network himsef, where are his men?

I personally think the ISA knew where Osama was and probably for quite a while, that could be what this is about.

---------- Post added 04-05-2011 at 01:52 PM ----------

Depends what they mean by "resisted capture". Usually that only works when the individual is armed and is ready to shoot to stop others capturing him, but as he was unarmed I can't see him being that much of a problem. I just picture a bearded man running around in circles shouting "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go" and a US troop muttering "Oh shut up" *bang*
    He was in his bedroom with his wife and some children (that weren't his) - god knows what he was doing mind. I picture it as him being in bed, sitting up when they barge in and his last words being "What? I thought you'd never find me, now, I'll count to 10 and you go hide"!

Or more seriously, he had been successful for 10 years I imagine he had let his guard down quite a bit (this backs up ma theory about the ISA knowing where he is) and seemed to be quite comfortable in his expensive villa in Pakistan, I doubt he expected it and thats how they got him.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    The article does claim he was reaching for a weapon but I don't know what to believe. I think it's safe to believe that other people were firing in the house though (report also says that), although they say he wasnt as guarded as they expected I'd imagine he was still pretty guarded, guards with firearms, whether bin laden was shooting or not people were shooting for him. Original stories say they killed the wife now she's been shot in the leg, it's crazy stuff.

Then there's the situation with the ISA... it's all mucked up. It's bizarre that there's been no Al Qaeda statement on the matter, I thought someone would have released a video or something, Osama didnt run the network himsef, where are his men?

I personally think the ISA knew where Osama was and probably for quite a while, that could be what this is about.

He was in his bedroom with his wife and some children (that weren't his) - god knows what he was doing mind. I picture it as him being in bed, sitting up when they barge in and his last words being "What? I thought you'd never find me, now, I'll count to 10 and you go hide"!

Or more seriously, he had been successful for 10 years I imagine he had let his guard down quite a bit (this backs up ma theory about the ISA knowing where he is) and seemed to be quite comfortable in his expensive villa in Pakistan, I doubt he expected it and thats how they got him.
    It is a bit of a muddle, it makes you wonder where on earth this information is coming from I remember reading that the woman in the room was used as a human shield. Then it's reported she was lunged herself at the US troops and then the next she was just shot in the leg. It does make you wonder what happened, and from what I understood Obama must know what happened if he watched it, assuming he watched the events unfold or he only saw the aftermath when he was called into that meeting - that detail is often scewered too

I'm waiting for a response from Al Qaeda, the way the story is going it's like Bin Laden wasn't as big a target as we once thought he was, judging by the lack of protection and how easy he was to track down. So far the only reason for killing him was for what he done, what he may of done in the future however may of rested on other people.

It would of been interesting if he was seeing to his children who were having nightmares of US men (and maybe women) storming in and killing their family. Oh how real that nightmare was
    Last edited by GommeInc; 04-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm waiting for a response from Al Qaeda, the way the story is going it's like Bin Laden wasn't as big a target as we once thought he was, judging by the lack of protection and how easy he was to track down. So far the only reason for killing him was for what he done, what he may of done in the future however may of rested on other people.

It would of been interesting if he was seeing to his children who were having nightmares of US men (and maybe women) storming in and killing their family. Oh how real that nightmare was
    I think it's only natural that he perhaps lowered his guard, after 10 years of being successful you aren't gonna expect the American troops storming your bedroom, I think he had probably been in this pakistani villa for quite some time and it's a perfect hiding place, not heavily guarded (if you see something's heavily guarded you wonder what's in it). I personally think until this week for whatever reason he believed external forces, whether it be the ISA or whoever keeping his location safe. I don't trust the ISA and it seems the Americans dont either, the ISA are also playing with the American game saying they were involved in it etc
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    .R.O.R.Y.

Latest Awards:

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Makes me wonder how easy it is to enter Pakistan airspace without being noticed what so ever. If it's correct that Pakistan had no idea this was happening until after it was completed.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Roryy View Post
    LMFAO!

Hope they didn't predict the end of the world because it's probably going to be as famous as nostradamus now (however its spelt)
    Last edited by Accipiter; 04-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

A few people on my Twitter feed are calling it "state sponsored assassination", and that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Also have people saying that shooting an old man and celebrating it is despicable, but I ask them this, if your relative was killed by this man, and you seen him 10 years later walking down a street when you have a gun in your hand, would you shoot him?

Going back to the claims of assassination though, the conspiracy theories are coming out that he was shot in the head because the US knew he had secrets that they didn't want revealing if he was to go on trial. Me personally, I'm in two minds about whether it's justice or not... People congratulate killing an old man whose responsible for killing thousands, yet condemn killing someone via death penalty for ruining a childs life because they were groomed as a child. You could say that the two are completely different to eachother, but when is one life less important than another one?

Really hard to judge it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroka.V2 View Post
    A few people on my Twitter feed are calling it "state sponsored assassination", and that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Also have people saying that shooting an old man and celebrating it is despicable, but I ask them this, if your relative was killed by this man, and you seen him 10 years later walking down a street when you have a gun in your hand, would you shoot him?

Going back to the claims of assassination though, the conspiracy theories are coming out that he was shot in the head because the US knew he had secrets that they didn't want revealing if he was to go on trial. Me personally, I'm in two minds about whether it's justice or not... People congratulate killing an old man whose responsible for killing thousands, yet condemn killing someone via death penalty for ruining a childs life because they were groomed as a child. You could say that the two are completely different to eachother, but when is one life less important than another one?

Really hard to judge it.
    I'm not just basing my opinion this way because I want my point to be correct but I wouldn't. I couldn't kill another man no matter what crime he committed. Sure, I'd hold a gun at him and tell him to stay down but even if he resisted I don't think I'd have the heart to take another mans life. That sounds insane, considering he killed thousands of people but that's just me.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    I think it's only natural that he perhaps lowered his guard, after 10 years of being successful you aren't gonna expect the American troops storming your bedroom, I think he had probably been in this pakistani villa for quite some time and it's a perfect hiding place, not heavily guarded (if you see something's heavily guarded you wonder what's in it). I personally think until this week for whatever reason he believed external forces, whether it be the ISA or whoever keeping his location safe. I don't trust the ISA and it seems the Americans dont either, the ISA are also playing with the American game saying they were involved in it etc
    I don't think he ever lowered his guard. As far as I can make out, he banned all phone and internet communications and one of his trusted couriers broke that rule so it wasn't him letting his guard down, it was his henchmen making a mistake! He's evaded capture for 10 years and got out of very tricky situations so even if he was unarmed, I wouldn't be surprised if there were lots of escape routes from that house.

I think it's very easy for us to sit at a computer desk and say 'they shouldn't have shot him' but in what is a life or death situation with only seconds to make a decision, I imagine most of us would make the same decision.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm not just basing my opinion this way because I want my point to be correct but I wouldn't. I couldn't kill another man no matter what crime he committed. Sure, I'd hold a gun at him and tell him to stay down but even if he resisted I don't think I'd have the heart to take another mans life. That sounds insane, considering he killed thousands of people but that's just me.
    Fair enough, I wouldnt either but if you lost a loved one, my thoughts are that it'll drive you to do some crazy stuff.