HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Ah, so... @FlyingJesus; got warned because he was the first person to realise it and didn't say anything on topic... But if he was the second person to realise, and he replied to the first person - whilst still not saying anything on topic, he would have been fine.

Seems entirely logical.

Well Hayden had already contributed to the thread and would be a bit idiotic to edit his post and send him a PM for pointless posting when he was answering someone's question and being helpful?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

this thread is giving me a headache just change the rules

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iPhil View Post

Well Hayden had already contributed to the thread and would be a bit idiotic to edit his post and send him a PM for pointless posting when he was answering someone's question and being helpful?
    So we can post off topic if we've already answered the thread question? I would argue that FlyingJesus was being helpful by notifying Skandair that his choice of words was incorrect.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So we can post off topic if we've already answered the thread question? I would argue that FlyingJesus was being helpful by notifying Skandair that his choice of words was incorrect.
    That's one of the points of this thread. Everyone has a different perception of what is a pointless/off-topic post so it is being suggested that the rule needs changing. What you consider to be pointless may be different to what I or another user sees as pointless

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Looked at other fansites to see what sort of rules they have in place for pointless posting/off-topic. It seems the other two big fansites keep it fairly simple in terms of what they say in the rules compared to Habbox.

ThisHabbo:

8. Pointless Posting:
    Pointless posting regards any post that does not contribute to the topic of the thread and was simply posted with aims of gaining post count. Any user found pointless posting will be warned/infracted accordingly.

HFFM:

8) Pointless/Off-topic Posting
    Pointless and off-topic posting is regarded as posts that do not contribute to the thread topic or the creators intentions.

Habbox:

A7. Do not post pointlessly ~ ~ Do not post off-topic ~ An off-topic post has no relevance to the topic or any previous post that is relevant, or does little to positively contribute to the discussion.
    ~ Do not spam/make pointless posts. It is not allowed to post random, meaningless, posts or threads on the forum. Examples of this are (ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!); (BYRDSB +HKK; ) (I am a plane)
    ~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion. Repeatably posting short replies such as "Yes" or "Nope" is also forbidden. What is classed as pointless or abuse is entirely down to the discretion of the Forum Department.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ThisHabbo is good as it contains 'and', but HFFM's is pretty bad because of the word 'or' - I'm sure you'd get people reporting posts saying crap like "This post does not meet my intentions of this thread".

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I liked the ThisHabbo one the best too. I'm thinking if we change it to match their rule then it's something we can always tweak if we find that it doesn't work out as well as we hoped.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

ThisHabbo is good as it contains 'and', but HFFM's is pretty bad because of the word 'or' - I'm sure you'd get people reporting posts saying crap like "This post does not meet my intentions of this thread".
    Yeah we have members that like to pick flaws in rules

In my opinion though, users may from that rule post 1 word replies but a lot of it will just be to increase post count so again it's still down to moderator discretion as to whether they are doing that or not. I know we could make it work but just one of those things. I'm happy to let 1 word replies go aslong as it's on topic to the threads question. I just think stupid 1 word replied to a thread like 'yes' or 'no' are always going to be pointless though even in a thread that asks like 'do you like cheese' or whatever, which technically only requires a 1 word reply but offers no discussion to the thread at all.
    Last edited by e5; 27-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

Can we just move on from this, there won't be a marvellous perfect answer waiting at the end of a 100 page debate.

At the end of the day the pointless posting rule should only be used to warn or "REMIND -.-" members if it is indeed off topic, but if a post is one word or a little sarcastic but still relevant than it should be left alone.

I can almost guarantee a new rule that limits what people can post will make forum activity go down as Calum and the other mods are moving everything into spam and warning every second member, and in 6 months time you will all look around and make a new thread asking why there is no activity.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah good plan let's just give up because we got to a certain post count in the thread

As for forum activity, how many times does it need to be explained that "yeah i lik it" x30 is not active discussion? Less crap threads doesn't mean the forum is doing worse
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +