HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    5 posts Oh the damage to the system! 5 posts isn't a lot, and it's certainly not abuse at all. The ranking system doesn't give posts a lot of value and 5 posts a day is completely worthless...

Honestly, why do people think these threads were abused, then state such miniscule numbers? It's ridiculous and doesn't prove a point.
    You seem to have overlooked the + sign he used, i'd say 5 posts is generous.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You seem to have overlooked the + sign he used, i'd say 5 posts is generous.
    Add a zero and it wouldn't even be a concern, but 5+ hints that it's not that much more than 5 :/ Besides, the threads don't have that many posts in. The "What are you listening to? #2" thread had approx. 24920 posts and is 7 years old. A simple bit of maths returns a rather surprising result:

365 x 7 = 2555
    24920 divided by 2555 = 9.76 (posts a day).

If we're panicking about 9.76 posts a day in one thread posted in by a large number of users, I think we should all have our heads examined :/ 24920 posts out of the total forum count (7,100,000) really isn't that impressive. Unfortunately, factual information seems to be swept under the carpet :/

Plus the way people are acting, there should be loads of members in the Platinum rank, or at least high up in the ranking system, but all the Top Posters are active throughout the forum. Again, another fact swept away by misguided opinions and subjective thinking.

EDIT: This thread is technically more active than these supposedly abused threads. If this thread keeps being posted in at its current rate, it will reach 687,527 in 7 years.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 20-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Add a zero and it wouldn't even be a concern, but 5+ hints that it's not that much more than 5 :/ Besides, the threads don't have that many posts in. The "What are you listening to? #2" thread had approx. 24920 posts and is 7 years old. A simple bit of maths returns a rather surprising result:
    For a lot of those 7 years it was locked, Jin put it into use when the original thread got too large (Way, way larger than 24920 posts)
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No he didn't The only abbreviations that are allowed are in the faqs!!
    If that were the case then what about THIS thread?

send your apologies to my inbox. HAH. love you .
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
    If that were the case then what about THIS thread?

send your apologies to my inbox. HAH. love you .
    "IDGAF" which is what the link you have posted is about is already mentioned in the FAQ

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    "IDGAF" which is what the link you have posted is about is already mentioned in the FAQ
    I'm going to be honest on this one, i forget what I was discussing but if I remember rightly lee was giving someone into trouble/had done/was saying abbreviations aren't allowed. You had already agreed unless it's targetting someone or offensive TO someone it's acceptable. so I can't say "I don't give a fu._ck" but I can say IDGAF. or FS or FFS but not fu._cksake or for fu_.cksake.
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

just shove em all in spam and be done with it already

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What I don't understand is why some threads go to spam... Loads involve quite interesting discussions and could sit comfortably in other forums. It's all the more puzzling when the forum desc. says: "A place for pointless threads and posts", yet these threads have a point and a purpose. It completely voids the opinions of the few in this thread which believe this forum should only be for discussions and any threads that do not promote discussion must be moved to Spam or the Misc Forum, yet the Spam forum is rife with topical, interesting threads worthy of position in the rest of the forum.

There was an autism one which was quite interesting which was in spam, and that could of been in Discuss Anything because it was about taking a survey to find out how autistic you are, and there was a lot of discussion. A Halloween thread made in Spam could be in Discuss Anything, as it's obviously discussing Halloween ( @Rozi is asking people to post their costumes, their activities etc). Someone said they were losing their Frankies and Benny's virginity, and that thread was filled with people sharing their views on the restaurant.

The spam forum seems to be the Discuss Anything forum by another name, and is testament to how useless posts must be if people are willing to post threads in that forum where posts don't count. The mind really does boggle. It makes me wonder you have all the forums when the Spam forum clearly is its own culture, and why it's even called the Spam forum when many threads in that forum aren't spam

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What I don't understand is why some threads go to spam... Loads involve quite interesting discussions and could sit comfortably in other forums. It's all the more puzzling when the forum desc. says: "A place for pointless threads and posts", yet these threads have a point and a purpose. It completely voids the opinions of the few in this thread which believe this forum should only be for discussions and any threads that do not promote discussion must be moved to Spam or the Misc Forum, yet the Spam forum is rife with topical, interesting threads worthy of position in the rest of the forum.

There was an autism one which was quite interesting which was in spam, and that could of been in Discuss Anything because it was about taking a survey to find out how autistic you are, and there was a lot of discussion. A Halloween thread made in Spam could be in Discuss Anything, as it's obviously discussing Halloween ( @Rozi is asking people to post their costumes, their activities etc). Someone said they were losing their Frankies and Benny's virginity, and that thread was filled with people sharing their views on the restaurant.

The spam forum seems to be the Discuss Anything forum by another name, and is testament to how useless posts must be if people are willing to post threads in that forum where posts don't count. The mind really does boggle. It makes me wonder you have all the forums when the Spam forum clearly is its own culture, and why it's even called the Spam forum when many threads in that forum aren't spam
    I think in my case with the Frankie and Bennys thread I honestly thought it would be derailed quickly and I knew in spam I'd get quick responses (quicker than other forums in some case). Nor did I know discussion would be made from it. I do see your point though, more so with some threads than others.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I think in my case with the Frankie and Bennys thread I honestly thought it would be derailed quickly and I knew in spam I'd get quick responses (quicker than other forums in some case). Nor did I know discussion would be made from it. I do see your point though, more so with some threads than others.
    Indeed, it just seems strange that people immediately post in there to get a response. Obviously it's not your fault as it seems to be a problem with the forum in general, people are keeping to the Spam forum for some reason It's as if the rest of the forum is unwelcoming and useless. It's even more puzzling when management change the way people post threads for the sake of discussion and post counts, when post counts clearly aren't worth a lot to people if they're happy to post in the Spam forum, incl. useful and interesting threads. It's sort of double standards, or the head not knowing what the foot is doing