HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

why do djs do suck good apps then when it comes to djing there *REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.
    Last edited by Martin; 23-06-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by rokgal2 View Post
    why do djs do suck good apps then when it comes to djing there*REMOVED*

Most people make a script.
    Last edited by Martin; 23-06-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    r.i.p.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by redtom View Post
    Yeah like in the old days - older DJs, better conversation I must have only been like 13 but I still enjoyed listening to people older then me.

Haha BTW I love "Nobbed up" what a saying

I just checked on the site and there is something like 200 people online yet only 40 people tuned in, but it is midnight. Yet that still means over 150 have chosen to turn the radio off or it wont load/work for them? Maybe we could change it so people can only block the radio for half the time? Because in the past I've blocked the radio because I just dont like the music, and then when i go back on the site I dont remember to unblock it.
    I think I said this earlier in the thread but the number of users displayed is inaccurate I think because it can sometimes show thousands at like 2/3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Muct View Post
    LOL, sometimes you can ever hear the 'Click' when their friends reply to them on Facebook or the MSN 'doo do da doop!'
    Im like, busted.
    I hate when you can hear MSN/Skype whatever in the background, normally when that happens the on air DJ is told to mute it straight away so it shouldn't be one of those things you hear frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by redtom View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, first few pages and last couple but heres what I think:

I haven't tuned in for a while but when I did the DJs were often unprepared for the task at hand, many of them would be searching through songs instead of having them lined up so there’s silence which can be very annoying, they would then take ages to find a song.

Often when DJ's talk its very bad, some use the radio as a chance to talk to their friends which makes all other listens feel singled out. Other Dj's would cough a lot on air, be very quite, or just sit there giggling away. Finally most DJs do this and when they look through the requests they mutter alot, you can tell during the song they were just playing habbo or talking to their friends on msn, the DJ's are oftern not 100% focused at what they were doing.
    I admit when I DJ'ed for Habbox I did a lot of these things but this is what you need to get rid of to improve the radio vastly. Try getting all the DJs to prepare a song list before hand, and some form of schedule for the show.

Finally Comps are why at least 50% of the people are tuned in, and at least when I DJ’ed I did 2 comps per show, and people still moaned about comps a lot, on top of this 2 comps per show is a lot when you add it up and it becomes very hard for the DJ to find prizes in many cases, or at least it was for me.

Personally I miss when there was somewhat interesting conversation on air, normally when I listen it’s just song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, all the way through the show.
    Yeah interesting talk needs to be encouraged because without it and even with competitions it is hard to keep people entertained, they will just go elsewhere. I think a lot of DJs prepare some kind of queue just before they go on but then they get requests and stuff like that. One thing I think needs to be changed is that DJs read through requests before they go to talk on air because then they can prepare the songs and prepare the sort of thing they say so it will flow better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    Most people make a script.
    In apps if people make an actual script and read it you can normally tell straight away, I think in apps people think about what they are going to say because they want to do the best they can and really this needs to be carried over to shows. Thinking about topics to talk about that will interest the listeners and even just a brief thought into the show before you begin can be a massive help. Also when shows are planned they seem to flow a lot better because you can make sure there is always something for the listeners. I know that some of the weekly shows are planned like the rock chart with Keri and that goes well each week and is always fast paced and interesting to listen to.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

i totally agree jess

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

for there shows if they did make a script ut will prevent them from saying erm and err and all that lloads of times

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sameer!

Latest Awards:

I personally think it's the merge, with all the confusion about fansites and stuff. But I'm sure we'll be back in the hundreds very soon!

Tokens
    Habbo
    9y

Latest Awards:

Right. I am going to go into detail here on my opinions and solutions. If you don't like them, don't read them
    I'm not trying to be a management figure here. I'm not even senior. this is a team talk

Reasons for dropping listeners:

Merge

The merge has removed our status as an "official fansite" therefore we are not advertised as much within Habbo for a number of reasons. If you say "www.habbox.com" too many time in a room, you get a moderator warning, a few more times and a 10 minute ban is on your cards. This stops the advertising front of things. This used to be a great section of many of my shows, reeling in the new listeners which didn't even know Habbox existed. If we cant do this, we cant advertise.

Official Fansite

We will obviously get our official fansite status back eventually but currently without it, many people do not trust habbox.com. There has been many times i've walked into a room, said "habbox.com - Tune in, win prizes & enjoy great music" and have been banned. They dont trust anything these days due to the amount of big scams and hacks that go around. I dont blame them

If a random habbo came and said to you "Tune into www.thisisahabbofansiteradio.com, we're giving away 200credits" would you believe them? no, because its too good to be true. We need to have a room with somthing like "habbox.com - Win prizes" so that people can see many other people winning and enjoying the radio so that we're more trusted.

Quality of shows

Yes, I think this has dropped in many respects. I've heard many DJs not even ask a question or involve the listeners, just ramble on about what they have done that day. The best way to get the listeners involved is to be on habbo and be active during your show. Yes its hard to do both at the same time. Just get a que of songs going then have a chat. Its all fine and dandy you dancing in the middle of a room with many people dancing around you, but whats this doing for them? Why should they spend their time dancing round you when they could be playing a game of FF and listening to habbox. Yes, listeners count but so do attendants to a party room!

Party Rooms

There are too many people just giving up on finding a party room instantly. I've done it many times myself and I regret to admit it but it's so easily done! Using the help desk or your own room is the easy way out of it. If its 3am, 15 listeners and you can DJ (obviously you cant do much if your streaming) you should be trying to round those 15 listeners up and trying for more. Too many DJ's (as myself) just accept that its 3am and nobody wants to listen to habbox.

Events

We need to apply more events into our shows. Theres too many simple questions for competitions (I admit I do it). If we had a big game going on to win the prize, it would be more fun! We need to help the listeners get along with whats going on. A big tele maze or a maze to get to the question room is somthing that will reel the listeners in when it comes to coming to a party room.

Staff

To start, I'm not having a dig at anyone, this is simply based on what I believe. Sorry if this offends you, I do not intend it.

There are many younger staff which prefer the radio to "play around with". People need to take the Radio more seriously when it comes to what you are doing. No interrupting songs when unnecessary, no cutting songs half way through for a random reason. Playing songs with inappropriate titles (eg. TINIE TEMPAH - FRISKY - RIP BY FDCREW). Be more careful with what you are doing. The listeners want to hear good, high quality music. Whats the point in them tuning in if your going to play a song with a voice over and the quality of a squirrel singing?

The age of the staff isnt really a problem and doesnt have a solution. I do remember DJ Fayebulous getting alot of listeners simply because her shows were mature yet fun. I wouldnt say cap the age but do cap the maturity..

Competitions

As i have stated in the past few paragraphs, competitions have gone downhill. The last good competition I remember was with DJ Will (kudos to you). This was soooo long ago, and yes, I'm one of the ones to use the oh how many t's are in the room. Pretty boring. Whatever happened to Search for the DJ. Thats always fun! be more imaginative and think about the competitions that you are going to do! Everyone has spare time at the end of an exam or on the bus, just have a break and think about what you could do that could be different for the listeners.

Solutions

Well, the merge problem. Theres not much we can do until the staff renew our Fansite Status. Once this happens surely we will pick up a few listeners from that.

Quality of shows can be fixed by simple planning. Have a bunch of topics. There easy to think of, just a few from the top of my head. World Cup, Big Brother, The merge, Rares, Habbo games, Shopping, Fave foods, New technology, Recent IRL news.

Party rooms

The party rooms is up to yourselves. The Official party room is there and has been used in the past, I agree.

Meet the DJ's room

I totally agree with this. (good job scotty) But due to it being disallowed due to "hxhd" being where your meant to meet the Djs (which it isnt, its to get help from the help desk) We should have our own room. If the case of hxhd being where you meet the staff, why is there a rare values desk?

Thanks for reading my essay xx
    Last edited by 9y; 25-06-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Creator Of RoomCount
    I'm baccccck!
    +2

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They're good solid reasons, +rep scott

Last Fm | Formspring| Twitter | Spotify | Tumblr
    I'll never be rich and I'll never look perfect, I don't care it's who I am.
    You'll never be happy, chasing all the wrong things and you'll never understand.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

only we are official lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 9y View Post
    Right. I am going to go into detail here on my opinions and solutions. If you don't like them, don't read them
    I'm not trying to be a management figure here. I'm not even senior. this is a team talk

Reasons for dropping listeners:

Merge

The merge has removed our status as an "official fansite" therefore we are not advertised as much within Habbo for a number of reasons. If you say "www.habbox.com" too many time in a room, you get a moderator warning, a few more times and a 10 minute ban is on your cards. This stops the advertising front of things. This used to be a great section of many of my shows, reeling in the new listeners which didn't even know Habbox existed. If we cant do this, we cant advertise.

Official Fansite

We will obviously get our official fansite status back eventually but currently without it, many people do not trust habbox.com. There has been many times i've walked into a room, said "habbox.com - Tune in, win prizes & enjoy great music" and have been banned. They dont trust anything these days due to the amount of big scams and hacks that go around. I dont blame them

If a random habbo came and said to you "Tune into www.thisisahabbofansiteradio.com, we're giving away 200credits" would you believe them? no, because its too good to be true. We need to have a room with somthing like "habbox.com - Win prizes" so that people can see many other people winning and enjoying the radio so that we're more trusted.

Quality of shows

Yes, I think this has dropped in many respects. I've heard many DJs not even ask a question or involve the listeners, just ramble on about what they have done that day. The best way to get the listeners involved is to be on habbo and be active during your show. Yes its hard to do both at the same time. Just get a que of songs going then have a chat. Its all fine and dandy you dancing in the middle of a room with many people dancing around you, but whats this doing for them? Why should they spend their time dancing round you when they could be playing a game of FF and listening to habbox. Yes, listeners count but so do attendants to a party room!

Party Rooms

There are too many people just giving up on finding a party room instantly. I've done it many times myself and I regret to admit it but it's so easily done! Using the help desk or your own room is the easy way out of it. If its 3am, 15 listeners and you can DJ (obviously you cant do much if your streaming) you should be trying to round those 15 listeners up and trying for more. Too many DJ's (as myself) just accept that its 3am and nobody wants to listen to habbox.

Events

We need to apply more events into our shows. Theres too many simple questions for competitions (I admit I do it). If we had a big game going on to win the prize, it would be more fun! We need to help the listeners get along with whats going on. A big tele maze or a maze to get to the question room is somthing that will reel the listeners in when it comes to coming to a party room.

Staff

To start, I'm not having a dig at anyone, this is simply based on what I believe. Sorry if this offends you, I do not intend it.

There are many younger staff which prefer the radio to "play around with". People need to take the Radio more seriously when it comes to what you are doing. No interrupting songs when unnecessary, no cutting songs half way through for a random reason. Playing songs with inappropriate titles (eg. TINIE TEMPAH - FRISKY - RIP BY FDCREW). Be more careful with what you are doing. The listeners want to hear good, high quality music. Whats the point in them tuning in if your going to play a song with a voice over and the quality of a squirrel singing?

The age of the staff isnt really a problem and doesnt have a solution. I do remember DJ Fayebulous getting alot of listeners simply because her shows were mature yet fun. I wouldnt say cap the age but do cap the maturity..

Competitions

As i have stated in the past few paragraphs, competitions have gone downhill. The last good competition I remember was with DJ Will (kudos to you). This was soooo long ago, and yes, I'm one of the ones to use the oh how many t's are in the room. Pretty boring. Whatever happened to Search for the DJ. Thats always fun! be more imaginative and think about the competitions that you are going to do! Everyone has spare time at the end of an exam or on the bus, just have a break and think about what you could do that could be different for the listeners.

Solutions

Well, the merge problem. Theres not much we can do until the staff renew our Fansite Status. Once this happens surely we will pick up a few listeners from that.

Quality of shows can be fixed by simple planning. Have a bunch of topics. There easy to think of, just a few from the top of my head. World Cup, Big Brother, The merge, Rares, Habbo games, Shopping, Fave foods, New technology, Recent IRL news.

Party rooms

The party rooms is up to yourselves. The Official party room is there and has been used in the past, I agree.

Meet the DJ's room

I totally agree with this. (good job scotty) But due to it being disallowed due to "hxhd" being where your meant to meet the Djs (which it isnt, its to get help from the help desk) We should have our own room. If the case of hxhd being where you meet the staff, why is there a rare values desk?

Thanks for reading my essay xx

Tokens
    Habbo
    9y

Latest Awards:

we're not, we lost it, nobody has official fansite anymore..

Oh correction!

http://www.habbo.com/groups/fansites

Good spot

and to be fair, we're damn top of that list
    Last edited by 9y; 25-06-2010 at 02:59 AM.
    Creator Of RoomCount
    I'm baccccck!