HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: big brother

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardashian View Post
    lmao you are joking right, was the worst thing to happen this time 2 years ago because it was just boring and i used to still go on the other forums anyway because my brother had an account on hxf which took the point out of the whole thing
    lol for once, i agree with you shaz. the problem is that it can only really be considered "fun" for the people who are actually taking part. i'd have no interest in watching people post or voting people out so it only focuses on a select group of people - the prizes could be put into something else. i also think it encouraged bullying; forum members ganged up on certain people just for the heck of it, and housemates targetted others in an attempt to make the watching audience laugh (when it was pretty embarrassing and cringeworthy really).

it's not something i'm even remotely interested in, sadly.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fifty-Six

Latest Awards:

Not really interested in. Like Mathew said it's only entertaining for people who are actually playing the game, otherwise you're just sitting around watching people.. not really interested in seeing it come back. Mind you, I was never here for the old Big Brother games Habbox put on so I don't know what they were like.
    Image credit: sd94.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

moderator alert Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not pointlessly bump threads, thanks!
    Last edited by Matthew; 15-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

It will need to be planned and organised fully otherwise it will end up being a disaster. It's too late to do it this year but we can do it next year if there's enough interest.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It will need to be planned and organised fully otherwise it will end up being a disaster. It's too late to do it this year but we can do it next year if there's enough interest.
    Am I right in saying it will be a forum Big Brother? (If so, that's epic!)

And how long do these things take to be planned and organise? I did a forum one with @GoldenMerc about 6 years ago, and that only took me like a week to set everything up, and that was me on my own...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post

And how long do these things take to be planned and organise? I did a forum one with @GoldenMerc about 6 years ago, and that only took me like a week to set everything up, and that was me on my own...
    A forum based one yeah, unless another department wants to do it on client.

I was never involved with it previously but tasks have to be created, forums have to be created, contestants have to be picked, etc. It's not something we'll be thinking about until next year though.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah realistically it won't take a lot of time to set up (they only have to look back at old threads etc to find out how it was run and copy and paste rules etc)... It's not also "too late in the year" lol, it doesn't have to be run along the real thing since hardly anybody even watches that now. It could be run anytime, but since its coming up to Christmas, it would be better for something else to be done (provided the creativity is there from the forum management) as the quizzes are getting a little boring lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    A forum based one yeah, unless another department wants to do it on client.

I was never involved with it previously but tasks have to be created, forums have to be created, contestants have to be picked, etc. It's not something we'll be thinking about until next year though.
    Forums could easily be done within a day, right? Unless forum managing has changed drastically since I last had a go, and the tasks could easily be done within a week, it's just the contestant applications that would take some time. A competition like this would be most popular when people are off on holiday anyway, so just after Christmas wouldn't be too bad.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Forums could easily be done within a day, right? Unless forum managing has changed drastically since I last had a go, and the tasks could easily be done within a week, it's just the contestant applications that would take some time. A competition like this would be most popular when people are off on holiday anyway, so just after Christmas wouldn't be too bad.
    Takes a week for me to be able to log in to AdminCP.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

noooo dont do it on client

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast