HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    If months have passed it's not revenge reputation. If hours have passed it blatantly is 9 times out of 10.
    Even if a moderator believes its revenge they shouldn't remove it if the user has a valid reason. If someone -reps a user then several hours later that person who got deducted rep decides to -rep them back but has a valid reason to do so i.e posting off topic then it should be left alone. For example, if you -rep me then I -rep you for posting off topic yet the rep I gave you gets removed it's basically saying 'You can't -rep this user even though you have a valid reason as they just -rep'd you so we believe it's revenge rep' it puts a cap on the rep you can give to that user and if people go around dishing out -reps they deserve what they give out, it'll show them they shouldn't be negative. I could never see moderators removing +reps, I +rep you then a few minutes later you +rep me, it's the same concept. To sum up my argument, there's no way to draw a line. The only changes I could see being beneficial but I wouldn't agree on nor others, would be to hide all negative rep usernames, vip or not.
    Last edited by Richie; 03-11-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    CrazyLemurs

Latest Awards:

Default Concerns about the new revenge reputation rule

By that do you mean being able to still report the rep but giving the rep an ID (for example) rather than a name
    "Can I report this -rep as I feel the reason isn't fair" as you cant know whether it's revenge because nobody sees the names.

Or do you mean not allow reporting rep at all? So the rep shows but you will never see who gave it to you.
    Although personally, people could then be unpleasant on purpose and you wouldn't be able to know who to dislike as a result

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

people know me because of that shower thing one time and I do not regret anything

upon further review I feel a rather mild regret is warranted

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

The rule isn't the best worded I don't think, Chris (and possibly other AGMs) read all the rep removal requests and can refuse any of them. Even -rep that may be revenge worded in a different way is clearly revenge rep, the way I see it is if you can prove it's revenge or pointless, then it's fair to remove. If they have a valid reason then fair enough (only if it's the first time the user has -repped for the same post - you don't get multiple chances at -repping) but otherwise no.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just allow all reps, there are a lot more pointless +reps then -reps these days. If people are bothered by rep, they can disable it themselves.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Technically speaking, "e.g." means exempli gratia, or for example in English, so the "e.g. references negative reputation and not a thread or post" is simply just one situation where revenge rep is and can be used and when rep isn't in revenge.

If someone has good reason for thinking it is revenge rep, then whoever is dealing with the report can analyse the likeliness of it being in revenge. That said, the post the person is repping should be a big enough hint as to whether or not the rep is in revenge, and if they provide a rep comment then there must be more reason for it not being in revenge, as they have provided a reason (whether or not they actually agree with it, they've found a understandable reason).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can I just ask why we must give a comment for negative rep and not for positive when really positive AND negative rep can just be so obvious, why should we have to explain ourselves? Had an incident yesterday whereby the -rep was valid and it was obvious why it was given, didn't give a proper comment but it gets removed, it's like people want it spelling out for them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

I don't see why people are SO bothered about rep? It isn't life or death, get a grip & deal with it tbh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Can I just ask why we must give a comment for negative rep and not for positive when really positive AND negative rep can just be so obvious, why should we have to explain ourselves? Had an incident yesterday whereby the -rep was valid and it was obvious why it was given, didn't give a proper comment but it gets removed, it's like people want it spelling out for them.
    How difficult is it to type in a few words?
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nvrspk4 View Post
    fohuns bivbib wuic
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nvrspk4 View Post
    Well in that case shouldn't it be applicable for positive rep?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast