Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MattFr View Post
    *REMOVED*

I'm not sure if you can even justify what you just said.
    LOL.

This is ridiculous, they abandoned the right to vote when they committed the crime.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-06-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Selena Gomez View Post
    @MattFR - Warned for bad language soon so watch out (I got infracted yesterday for bad language)
    scary prospect.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

whatcha mean. people are people. no one deserves to die including murderers.

a right is something that should never be taken away. A privilege is something that can. prisoners should be able to vote - there's hardly any of them anyway. 84000 spread over the country. wow. It's not like half of them will be interested in voting anyway.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 09-06-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    goodbye.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post

a right is something that should never be taken away. A privilege is something that can. prisoners should be able to vote - there's hardly any of them anyway.
    this guy, along with mrpinkpanther speaks a hell of a lot of sense. my faith in the political views of users on this forum has been restored. NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE JORDY AND DAN.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

a right is something that should never be taken away. A privilege is something that can. prisoners should be able to vote - there's hardly any of them anyway. 84000 spread over the country. wow. It's not like half of them will be interested in voting anyway.
    So the freedom of movement shouldnt be taken away from suspected terrorists or murderers? In what you have just wrote, you have just stated that rights should never be infringed upon no matter what the circumstances. So what would you do with criminals if you arent prepared to lock them up, what would you do with suspected terrorists if you arent prepared to restrict their freedom of moment?

Alex is all for criminals having the vote but doesnt seem (from past debates) to think the British people deserve a vote on our membership of the European Union, what a strange mindset in which the criminal is placed higher than the victim/law-abiding majority when it comes down to democracy and whos got the right to vote and not vote. The same goes for the European Union itself and fellow insitutions, it doesnt think we have a right to vote on its existence but thinks criminals should be able to vote, so in short; they think more of criminals than they do of us (the vast majority).
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 09-06-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    this guy, along with mrpinkpanther speaks a hell of a lot of sense. my faith in the political views of users on this forum has been restored. NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE JORDY AND DAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod View Post
    personally in two minds on the matter. obviously there's the argument that breaking the law should remove your right to suffrage. i think it comes down to whether you view the right to vote as a luxury or a right. if it's a right, it should not be removed regardless of you breaking the law, as controversial as it may seem.

i know you're obviously euro-sceptic dan but i don't see the need to bring in the eu at every oppurtinity, even when it's got nothing to do with it? this is about the echr and coe. it's a bit tiring.
    yes boizzzzzz

oh and btw not all criminals go to prison

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is it not reasonable to assume that a prisoner with a very long-term sentence won't be voting for the same things I would be voting for - i.e. they would be after policies that benefit criminals the most - and by definition I wouldn't want them voting

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    So the freedom of movement shouldnt be taken away from suspected terrorists or murderers? In what you have just wrote, you have just stated that rights should never be infringed upon no matter what the circumstances. So what would you do with criminals if you arent prepared to lock them up, what would you do with suspected terrorists if you arent prepared to restrict their freedom of moment?

Alex is all for criminals having the vote but doesnt seem (from past debates) to think the British people deserve a vote on our membership of the European Union, what a strange mindset in which the criminal is placed higher than the victim/law-abiding majority when it comes down to democracy and whos got the right to vote and not vote. The same goes for the European Union itself and fellow insitutions, it doesnt think we have a right to vote on its existence but thinks criminals should be able to vote, so in short; they think more of criminals than they do of us (the vast majority).
    I'm not commenting on any european issue because i think we've already established my point of view.

Voting is a right, food is a right, water is a right, not being discriminated against is a right - but doing whatever the hell you want is not a right.
    goodbye.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    I agree with prisoners getting the vote. Sure, they've committed a crime (and a certain degree of crime is beneficial isn't that right mike / preposterous / amber / anyone else doing a2 sociology). A criminals punishment is losing their freedom, which already happens. I think it's inhumane not to let people vote in the 21st Century regardless of them being a convicted criminal. Controversial I know, my view nonetheless.
    Sure, and I'm guessing people who work hard at school will succeed and ascribed status is a myth right? Some crime is needed for this society to work as it is supposed to (note, as it is supposed to =/= fairly) but that does not at all make it beneficial! Besides, in what way does that detract from their wrong-doing? I also disagree with criminals being allowed to vote, that is total rubbish. If the EU are worried about breaching human rights then they wouldn't detain people for upwards of a year with no evidence to charge them with, they wouldn't make it illegal to 'engage in activities that might inhibit the progression of the EU' (bye bye anti-eu supporters) and they wouldn't have the awful inquisitorial legal system where you are treated like a criminal with no evidence against you and worst of all they wouldn't keep trying to perpetuate the myth of multiculturalism. The EU don't give a **** about human rights.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I'm not commenting on any european issue because i think we've already established my point of view.

Voting is a right, food is a right, water is a right, not being discriminated against is a right - but doing whatever the hell you want is not a right.
    Of course we have established your point of view, and thats where I find the gaping flaw in your argument - you support criminals having a vote enforced by the European Union and its institutions but dont support the law abiding majority having a simple referendum on the European Union?

Wig also makes a damn good point on the European Arrest Warrant and the erosion of civil liberties by the European Union and its courts, proving that the European Union does not give a damn about rights (or rights and opinions of the majority).
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-06-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast