HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

I'm only commenting on two elements of what's been suggested here because I just really don't know enough about what else has been said to be of any use.

HxHD - I think reducing the staff limit and allowing department managers behind the bar wouldn't be beneficial in the long run for HxHD. I'm sure the majority of people reading this will assume I have a bias of sorts because of my long and lengthy affair with HxHD and there might be a hint of truth to that but regardless this is what I think. There is absolutely nothing stopping staff and managers of other departments from visiting HxHD on a regular basis without being allowed to go behind the bar. If our dearest Timmy went into the Help Desk and inquired as to how reputation works on the forum a moderator would be just as able to answer the question infront of the bar as they would behind it.

And then there's the sort of tradition that follows the Help Desk. It is, at heart, a Help Desk and one of the only and oldest Help Desks on Habbo in that when a user applies to the department they're quizzed about Habbo and are expected to have a reasonably experienced Habbo history as well as a helpful oriented mindset. If we eliminated this and allowed for department managers to go behind the bar these traditions would fade and we would be have a generic hangout like every other fansite. If the Help Desk wasn't popular a serious overhaul would be underway, I'm sure. But that's not the case. The Help Desk is quite popular at the moment and we're still getting a good volume of applicants (77 at present, which is a surplus of 20 from about a year ago). What I am interested in right now is utilizing how we do have a group of staff who are quite eager to get down and dirty for Habbox. There's lots of promotions the department can do as a Help Desk with a dedicated team of staff that we couldn't do as a hangout with the staff occupants scattered across numerous departments. I know Jordan is very enthusiastic about desk events and HxHD endorsement and I think in coherence with Roxy and the department's staff things are going to take off quite nicely.

Website - The first thing that comes to mind is a quote of Steve Jobs saying, "You've baked a nice cake, but you've used mud for icing." (and his version was more colourful). We have a team of content designers, coders, graphics designers so what on Earth has been going on in the past 9 months when it was originally decided that the site would be redone? I'm really not sure, but discussing that further seems very trivial to me. Producing a new website is a huge priority right now for the site departments because we all realize that presently the site is an eye sour being kept together with tape. Pardon the Twilight pun but the zombie months of site development are now officially in the past. A handful of work on the latest revision of Habbox.com has already been done and more is currently underway. Jin has set down a deadline for it to be finished by and I really think we're going to meet it, if not finish before it.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jsoh

Latest Awards:

seems to me these changes seem more like clubhabbo.. which may not be a bad thing but hey ho.

firstly, i think instead of making a deputy general manager for community as someone stated earlier just make a site manager, the general management would consist of a general manager, an asst general manager, a site manager and a community manager.

secondly, the management team is just TOO BIG. you don't need features managers just to give out vip and crap, on other fansites the forum management / other administrators (gnrl / asst. gnrl mngr) is plenty enough people to give out vips and staff permissions also. you also don't need so many staff for everything, other fansites manage completely fine with less than 10 members of management within their team, you could merge graphics manager into asst general manager so they actually have a team to manage, merge features managers into forum management, merge competitions into events and have a forum events manager and a habbo events manager.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by joshhyy View Post
    seems to me these changes seem more like clubhabbo.. which may not be a bad thing but hey ho.

firstly, i think instead of making a deputy general manager for community as someone stated earlier just make a site manager, the general management would consist of a general manager, an asst general manager, a site manager and a community manager.

secondly, the management team is just TOO BIG. you don't need features managers just to give out vip and crap, on other fansites the forum management / other administrators (gnrl / asst. gnrl mngr) is plenty enough people to give out vips and staff permissions also. you also don't need so many staff for everything, other fansites manage completely fine with less than 10 members of management within their team, you could merge graphics manager into asst general manager so they actually have a team to manage, merge features managers into forum management, merge competitions into events and have a forum events manager and a habbo events manager.

By the looks of it they do everything the complicated/hard way here and thats why they need all the staff. I think its pathetic that whoever picks the GM's has overlooked brandon for people like Hecktix, and Mattgarner when im sure they do a good job but brandon has been an admin longer than these and is good at his Job.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jsoh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by emotional View Post
    By the looks of it they do everything the complicated/hard way here and thats why they need all the staff. I think its pathetic that whoever picks the GM's has overlooked brandon for people like Hecktix, and Mattgarner when im sure they do a good job but brandon has been an admin longer than these and is good at his Job.
    Tbf you may be right, but this brandon guy hasn't even posted on the forum since the 9/10/10 so he doesn't do himself any favours.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Althought I can see where you're coming from, I also disagree with the whole events/competition merge. I'm not going to go back into the reasons because they've been said amany times in this thread. It just wouldn't work and I know of many staff in both departments that they wouldn't be happy to post competitons/host events. I'm a member of staff in competitions and manager in events and I just don't think it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    If not a "merger" for competitions and events, they could at least cooperate a little more. They seem really distant etc.
    Myself and Inseriousity. have already decided that we are going the bring the competitions and event departments to do something big for Christmas. There's not been much discussion about it just yet but I'm pretty confident it will be happening. While we're on the topic of departments cooperating; HxHD are currently allowed to host events on Habbo for the Habboxween period. Not only to help out events to get some more games in over the period but this is also benfitting the HxHD too by making it more popular.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by emotional View Post
    Has also been fired. Unless I'm mistaken one of his old accounts are used on the forum too by somebody else which is a perm ban offence. Brandon should have been given Staff Editor though. It's disrespectful to him. Unfortunately, him and Yoshimitsui are stuck. They have worked their way up but because their role isn't seen as important they will never be promoted. Most thankless job. Also, as already mentioned, they don't interact with the community (on the forum anyway). Credit to both of them they get on with it which is more than can be said about the site coders!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

I've seen both brandon and Yoshi interact when given the opportunity too. It's just because they're stuck there, they don't. They both have excellent leadership qualities and should really have become AGM of staff or something.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't agree. As someone pointed out they don't post on the forum and Yoshimitsui takes a good 3-4 days for name changes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    I don't agree. As someone pointed out they don't post on the forum and Yoshimitsui takes a good 3-4 days for name changes.
    But on the other hand its not all about how much someone posts, its how good they will do the job of the position they are given.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Exactly right. So if you take time to read my post you will see me answer that comment. He takes 3/4 days to do an important part of his job.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast