HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

But you make it sound like the buildings being built get demolished the second the games end. There is a chance that the UK will make good use and somehow make the money back over x amount of years by using the buildings for future events. There is that possibility, nothing is all black and white.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I personally think the games will be good for us, and also the same with the Commonwealth Games in Scotland. Increases tourism for our countries, and will also boost our ecconomy. The Olympics is more then just some 'silly event'. Its encouraging excersise, when child obiesity is at a all time high and its going to improve public transport. As previously stated, its not just all black and white.

Surely the government will get money back when these new it is being used, e.g ticket prices etc. And whoever said Undertaker isn't proud to be British...are you kidding?:rolleyes: Some of his views are extreame right wing.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The last country to host the games also lost out big time, so what will make us any different AND we are spending more money than they did.

You thinking what I'm thinking?
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    Increases tourism for our countries
    england has enough people atm?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't watch it anyway, got better things to do than watch people throwing balls.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    england has enough people atm?
    Tourism isn't great atm...
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think we lack culture at the moment. We should be British, not multi-cultural so people are confused with what we have done...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Agreed. We are being told to try and make other cultures happy but we are forgetting our own
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    But you make it sound like the buildings being built get demolished the second the games end. There is a chance that the UK will make good use and somehow make the money back over x amount of years by using the buildings for future events. There is that possibility, nothing is all black and white.
    The buildings will not be used after the event, I personally can't think of many events that could run frequently and make enough money to sustain the costs. A good example is the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    I personally think the games will be good for us, and also the same with the Commonwealth Games in Scotland. Increases tourism for our countries, and will also boost our ecconomy. The Olympics is more then just some 'silly event'. Its encouraging excersise, when child obiesity is at a all time high and its going to improve public transport. As previously stated, its not just all black and white.

Surely the government will get money back when these new it is being used, e.g ticket prices etc. And whoever said Undertaker isn't proud to be British...are you kidding?:rolleyes: Some of his views are extreame right wing.
    As I have repeated before, the cost of the Games greatly outweighs any money that comes in. Oh and i'm proud to be English

Quote Originally Posted by iSuck View Post

You thinking what I'm thinking?
    Said Micheal Howard

Oh I am, the Dome is and was a disgrace just like the Olympics will be. Millions were wasted on the Dome, Billions will be wasted on the Games.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Undertaker, you use the word 'will' alot. Can you tell the future now aswell? The truth is, you dont know jack about the outcome of the games, and you won't know untill after they have happend.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast