HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

So basically you can call people a shit**** and ask them to rep you for it now

"any comments or insults that directly offend a user on a personal level will be removed" does this mean every time Dan says you lot in an argument because he thinks everyone who doesn't agree with him is the same person his post will be deleted please say that's gonna happen

And do we need to provide proof when talking about Tara or Martin getting with minors
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

add libel to the rules

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

ps having the filter optional is pointless no-one's gonna choose to not see half of spam
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    So basically you can call people a shit**** and ask them to rep you for it now
    You could do, yes! Although I'd ask for the rep before you call them a shit**** otherwise you might get a -rep.

"any comments or insults that directly offend a user on a personal level will be removed" does this mean every time Dan says you lot in an argument because he thinks everyone who doesn't agree with him is the same person his post will be deleted please say that's gonna happen
    Unfortunately not!

And do we need to provide proof when talking about Tara or Martin getting with minors
    Yes otherwise you might create an argument and it'll be moved to Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    add libel to the rules
    I'll be honest and say I don't know what libel means - nevermind I googled it and agree it's worthy of a rule. I think Laura is going to add that to the rules!

ps having the filter optional is pointless no-one's gonna choose to not see half of spam
    It's there as a safety net. If we didn't have it I'm almost 100% certain that we would get at least one person saying they don't like swearing and that they should be able to turn it off.
    Last edited by Matt; 18-09-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Make the default setting be off then just for ease of use and oh boy a libel rule is gonna be fun
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have my filter on.

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Make the default setting be off then just for ease of use and oh boy a libel rule is gonna be fun
    Although it may be easier as a default option so people don't have to go trawling through their settings, I personally think it's safer to keep the filter on for new users as then they can turn it off on their own accord and can't blame us for making them see all these swear words. It might sound stupid but users do generally go through their settings anyway when setting up their account, so I'm sure they'd see it and turn it off/leave it on depending on their preference. I'm not sure what Management think but that's my stance.

Libel wasn't a bad suggestion and I reckon quite a few people will agree with the implementation of that!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

So basically you can call people a ******** and ask them to rep you for it now

Any time someone feels like they are being attacked or targetted or are offended by something then they have the right to report it (aka, with the confederate flag, if someone was legitimately offended by it and could explain why and we judged weren't trolling, we might remove it). Moderators won't be making the call on if it's offensive, 90% of the time.

That's been added into the libel rule now which I'm about to announce. Basically, don't accuse someone of being a paedo because they could technically take you to court for it

the default is filter on because otherwise we may get into trouble about swears showing and it gives users the option to turn it off rather than on (which is much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    add libel to the rules
    Added, about to announce now. I thought about it when we were first discussing but wasn't sure how relevant it was. I've also added more about national law.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hello! Glad to see this has finally been done after all of the speaking about it.

Something I would add and it's something I KINDA did anyway as Forum Management is something around people +Repping posts that were targeting other members. I just used to remove their rep idk.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hello! Glad to see this has finally been done after all of the speaking about it.

Something I would add and it's something I KINDA did anyway as Forum Management is something around people +Repping posts that were targeting other members. I just used to remove their rep idk.
    this could've been tackled by allowing -reps to remove green display points. You can't really police what people find rep worthy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast