HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    You could post the genocide ones, I 100% am against killing but Saddam had no choice I believe. The kurds wanted to overthrow Iraq and the far right wanted to take over and put Iraq back into the stone age. You cannot govern a country in the Middle East like one over here in the west. Just take a look at President Pervez Musharraf in Pakistan at the moment, Pakistan is a more moderate country than Iraq, he has the army behind him and he's still struggling to stay in power. Saddam was the right leader for the Middle East however you look at it.
    Have you been to iraq to be able to say that? And have you been to other middle eastern countries?

Iraq was one of the most advanced middle eastern countries before Saddam. He completely destroyed the country and the whole region.

Telephone lines, electricity, clean water, and food have always been a problem there since he took over because of the fact he spent millions and millions on his family and his palaces.
    Last edited by ---MAD---; 26-01-2008 at 04:09 PM.
    ---MAD---

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Have you been to iraq to be able to say that? And have you been to other middle eastern countries?

Iraq was one of th emost advanced middle eastern countries before Saddam. He completely destroyed the country and the whole region.
    Telephone lines, electricity, clean water, and food have always been a problem there since he took over because of the fact he spent millions and millions on his family and his palaces.
    Actually Iraq had no electric and supplies before Saddam, before him only 30% of Iraqis had literacy skills, he brought that up to 70%. HE was the one who implemented the Modernisation program. You are thinking of the Persian era where Persia was the centre of the Middle East.

He was the one who built all them!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wouldn't any other country protest against a change of flag which had the same style for many years, regardless of how bad the leader is? Unless the leader was so incredibly crap, they may change it and not care.

Iraq should be doing important things, not changing a flag at this stage.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Wouldn't any other country protest against a change of flag which had the same style for many years, regardless of how bad the leader is? Unless the leader was so incredibly crap, they may change it and not care.

Iraq should be doing important things, not changing a flag at this stage.
    Yeah exactly - flag and the leader don't matter. Its just the flag they know and adore.

Undertaker - like I said, have you been to Iraq? Have you been to a middle eastern country?

And btw thats not true what you said about saddam bring the power up to 70% etc. Iraw was the most advanced ME country before Saddam forced himself into power.
    ---MAD---

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Yeah exactly - flag and the leader don't matter. Its just the flag they know and adore.

Undertaker - like I said, have you been to Iraq? Have you been to a middle eastern country?

And btw thats not true what you said about saddam bring the power up to 70% etc. Iraw was the most advanced ME country before Saddam forced himself into power.
    No it wasn't, you are thinking of the Ottoman Empire. If Iraq was such a great country before Saddam, why were so many Governments overthrown by one another in coups? It is true, Saddam had a modernisation program which gave Iraq real roads, Electric, Education, ability for women to have high jobs, Water and security, something which it had none of/lacked before him.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No it wasn't, you are thinking of the Ottoman Empire. If Iraq was such a great country before Saddam, why were so many Governments overthrown by one another in coups? It is true, Saddam had a modernisation program which gave Iraq real roads, Electric, Education, ability for women to have high jobs, Water and security, something which it had none of/lacked before him.
    You still haven't answered his question...

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

I'm with Undertaker on this, if you want evidence Saddam's method of modernisation works, take a look at Saudi Arabia. They had a brutal monarchy and loads of oil. By forcing out 'Rebels' who disagreed and having extremely harsh and inhumane forms of Punishment, they created something called 'order'. Saudi Arabia is now a very secure, well established country, and it's also extremely wealthy, Iraq is following this and with time it would work.

There's no easy or humane way of solving a middle-east problem like this.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm with Undertaker on this, if you want evidence Saddam's method of modernisation works, take a look at Saudi Arabia. They had a brutal monarchy and loads of oil. By forcing out 'Rebels' who disagreed and having extremely harsh and inhumane forms of Punishment, they created something called 'order'. Saudi Arabia is now a very secure, well established country, and it's also extremely wealthy, Iraq is following this and with time it would work.

Saudi Arabia is now a very secure, well established country, and it's also extremely wealthy, Iraq is following this and with time it would work.
    Which is why there are bombings in compounds where westeners live ?

Countries like Kuwait, United Arab emirates, Qatar have proper governments where they share the countries wealth with the people. These countries are far better off than Saudi and Iraq even though they have far less oil.

Iraq has the most oil in the world. Saudi has the most production of oil and yet look at both these countries.

Do you have any idea how horrible it is to live in Saudi arabia?
    ---MAD---

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by harry! View Post
    You still haven't answered his question...
    No I haven't, neither has he, neither have you. However I have looked at this in great depth and have an opinion and from anyone with common sence it shows that under Saddam Iraq was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Thank you, Saudi Arabia and Iraq used to be the top secure Middle Eastern countrys as both used methods that work.

Countries like Kuwait, United Arab emirates, Qatar have proper governments where they share the countries wealth with the people. These countries are far better off than Saudi and Iraq even though they have far less oil.

Iraq has the most oil in the world. Saudi has the most production of oil and yet look at both these countries.

I would rather live in Saudi Arabia than be in a country like Pakistan. Saudi Arabia has the most oil in the world btw, Iraq is second. Yeah you have some examples of 'democracys' in the Middle East, however they will not work in countrys like Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. You give out this idea that everyone will now hold hands and dance around a rainbow now that Saddam Hussein has gone. I would rather live in a secure Iraq with water and electric than the hell hole that has been created now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

My dad lived in Saudi Arabia for 10 years and he only ever saw a few crimes being committed. If you robbed you got your fingers chopped off, it's not exactly hard to see why there's no crime there. I am aware that there is more civilised countries in the Middle East like the one's you mentioned, but Saudi Arabia has a 6 times bigger population than the United Arab Emirates, with just a minor 4 million people living in it. Population seems to largely come down to it, Kuwait is tiny...
    Last edited by Jordy; 26-01-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast