HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Okay I have done everything and basically swithced to firefox again to see if that helps, as IE is pretty unreliable I've noticed.

I am just in the middle of downloading that antivirus so we will see how it goes. thanks again
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Ostinato, could you please approve my posts as i'm stuck on this 15 post thing, plus I have helped you quite alot

On topic; glad I could be of help to you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I had that problem, a format always fixes things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by BeanEgg View Post
    Try defraging it.

Also, disable start-up programs to speed up.

Start Menu > Search: msconfig > Start Up Tab > Disable all (Then restart)

Also, go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Clean Up

This should work.
    That takes so long, and most of the time it doesn't work.

Do you have a lot of information on it? If you don't, you could reformat it and after that, if it's still slow, you'll know it's probably just Vista not liking your laptop which happens in several circumstances.

Tokens

Just out of curiosity Ostinato, how is your PC now? did our advice help?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Remove the iTunes things for a start - "MobileMe" and "Quicktime" and open them when you need them.

As BeanEgg said, defragmenting would be a good idea, also if you have a lot of games, uninstall them. That's an obvious reason for your computer to be slow.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I really must admit it is so much faster already.

It's loading up much faster already and performing more like I expected. Had no errors or unresponding since.

Thank you all :-)
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mk

Latest Awards:

You're welcome.

Tokens

Sets to speed up.

Downgrade to windows xp, Windows vista can take up alot of ram because it addes processes to the list that necassery doesnt need to be on there.

Recommend: Get NOD32. Its a good powerfull anti virus which doesnt require much ram and is very fast.

Using msn?
    Get Miranda IM, Multimessenger with no top notch interface, non of the features of msn which you might not use, So when your on msn it wont effect computer

Try not to keep files in C:\ e.g. My Documents, as it tends to take up physical memory.

I wouldnt use firefox, it can have something upto 300k in use-age which lagged the living death out my laptop and desktop, Use IE but get a decent popup blocker

Run disc frag In the night to keep the system fresh.

Try to get PORTABLE applications e.g. Photoshop and whatever you need.
    This will save some space and can easily be moved from one hard drive to another. Saving time and space!

Delete /Temp/ Files under Windows because this stores EVERYTHING you have opened and keeps it in there even though its saved somewhere else which also takes up space which could make the physical memory low.

Keep computer upto date

Hope this helps :]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Run a disk defrag and delete all of that startup stuff, it my not seem it but songs take alot of memory so I would have so many of those. Also, use Mozilla Firefox, runs alot better. If you have to much virus software it gives you viruses, I had that problem, only have 1, 2 if you think it apsolutely neccisary (I cant spell) Pictures arn't to bad but they do slow it down if you have LODS. My sister has about 100,000 pictures and her computer is mucked up, but she has half of LimeWire's content on here computer aswell

Hope this helped

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast