HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

You'd have to ask someone at your school about it I guess, or some connexions person or something.

In my school - you either do the three sciences; or do core science - which is a third of the Chemistry GCSE, a third of the Physics and a third of the Biology and you pick a full Science GCSE to do (So a separate subject like Psychology, or you can do the other two thirds of your Biology/Chemistry/Physics).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sock View Post
    Thats the thing, if I decide i don't want to be a pilot, I'd rather not have anything to do with Science, My 2nd option would be something to do with Sport or a designer hence doing P.E and Tech.

And DJ-Simpson, I will be able to find a local college which will get me on the Physics course with just the 2 Science GCSE's, whcih will get me the Physics A-Level which I want to do at uni. I am going to take the getting pilot lessons route for becoming a pilot.
    You have to take self funded lessons for a PPL (Private pilots license) anyway and then you take the commercial training course, which either you can fund yourself (tends to be around the 60k price tag mark) which will involve a huge loan or remortgage of your parents house, or part-all sponsorship. This is where you contact an airline you'd like to work for and see if they will fund half or all of your training in exchange for working for decreased wages for a number of years. You can only get sponsored with alot of science under your belt otherwise the other candidates will get the sponsor. You have to stand out and be dedicated to the career or frankly you wont make it.
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

EasyJet sponsor without any exp needed last time I checked (might have changed)

I'm taking my own self-funded lesson, My grandma was very wealthy but she died about 4 years ago and I got an inheritance of about 40k but with interest till i'm 18 it should rise to 80k
    Manchester City
    Oxford United
    Woodley sports

y'know.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But you are saying you haven't decided whether you want to go down the commercial pilot route, EasyJet arn't sponsoring at the moment, but yes they sponsor with no EXP but if someone who has EXP also applies, who's going to get accepted? Self funding isn't reccomended after all, if you don't pass you don't get your money back.
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

well I'd look for a sponsor initially. Then i'd look around for a few flying schools, look at the expenditure. I'd then look for alternatives.

and also, If someone who had Physics and a Biology GCSE, they wouldn't choose them over me if I had a Physics degree as Biology isn't important and not needed for piloting.
    Last edited by sock; 19-12-2008 at 04:08 PM.
    Manchester City
    Oxford United
    Woodley sports

y'know.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You have to go through a school, that's where the cost comes from, and airlines may/not sponsor you. No offence but you need to get mroe clued up on this subject before you amy decisions like this.

Biology is important, they could choose the person with the GCSE's as they may only be looking for a partial sponsorship, it also shows that they wanted to go straight into the job which shows dedication.
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Look, Adam. I don't need any more help on this, as you can see from earlier posts, i've alread taken my options, and I pretty much know what I am going to do later after school.
    Manchester City
    Oxford United
    Woodley sports

y'know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123