HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I knew a lot of the words on the list but I wouldn't be able to actually define them without it being in a sentence so that's why I didn't tick them and prob got lower. Really depends how honest you're being with yourself

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I knew a lot of the words on the list but I wouldn't be able to actually define them without it being in a sentence so that's why I didn't tick them and prob got lower. Really depends how honest you're being with yourself
    Surely if you can put them into a sentence then you know their definitions?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Surely if you can put them into a sentence then you know their definitions?
    No. For example, I know roughly what "prudish" means in context but I wouldn't be able to define it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    No. For example, I know roughly what "prudish" means in context but I wouldn't be able to define it.

Really? I would say that being able to use a word accurately (especially something like prudish since it's a rather specific one) would mean that you'd be able to say what it means just through context.

my school log book had a word each week in the calendar section of it and we were encouraged to use the word as much as we could. I remember learning the word veriloquent and then all teachers started using it and I came to hate it and never used it again. Habbox should have a word of the day I love learning new words. Today's word can be 'prudish'!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Really? I would say that being able to use a word accurately (especially something like prudish since it's a rather specific one) would mean that you'd be able to say what it means just through context.

my school log book had a word each week in the calendar section of it and we were encouraged to use the word as much as we could. I remember learning the word veriloquent and then all teachers started using it and I came to hate it and never used it again. Habbox should have a word of the day I love learning new words. Today's word can be 'prudish'!
    Hahaha I actually love that idea! I know like, generally what it means but I wouldn't be confident in defining it. There are a lot of words I ONLY know in context, mainly cos I read a lot and guess what the word means depending on what it's describing etc

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

prudish
    ˈpruːdɪʃ
    adjective

How Laura acts when asked for rudey nudeys
    Habbox word of the day is a fab idea, will give mdport a job to do and enrich the lives of the community *+*+*+*+
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"Based on participations so far, we've already got some decent statistics. Most native English adult speakers who have taken the test fall in the range 20,000–35,000 words."

I got 19,700. oh shit LOL.
    -looks at toxicmint's post- ahh phew I feel better now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

omfg can we say shit now

ot:: im only in the 40th percentile with my 21,800

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Rachel-x

So funny how raggamuffin was on there.

32,200 words !