HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    If this is the idea you're suggesting, do you have an idea for plugging the space that removing articles from the site would produce?
    There wouldn't be a space, the front page would look just like it does now - unless "featured threads" did become a thing, in which case there'd be even more on the site
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ah I did just misunderstand then

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but one thing I really dislike about it is how much "dead space" there is on each page. If you look at any news site there will be 10+ articles linked before you even have to scroll. I get Habbox doesn't output nearly that much, but having to scroll and then go between pages is fairly off putting.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Any updates on this? Would be good to see some thoughts from General Management too maybe?

In my opinion it certainly can't hurt to try the whole forum integration thing again. It would definitely be a way of generating more discussions on the forum providing the articles are fun, interesting and discussion provoking! Buzzfeed style articles would definitely be a nice refreshing change and they can be quite fun!

Think it's definitely time for some kind of shake up in terms of what articles provides to Habbox. I think a recruitment drive at the same time would be good too as there appears to only be 2 members of staff at the moment and the apps thread hasn't been bumped for a few months. There's been no articles so far this year too!

Slightly off topic, but I'm sure there used to be a widget that had which departments were open for applications too? Like a Job Openings app? If there was it doesn't seem to appear for me anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    But you can still post habbo-related articles without talking about new stuff? Surely that's the whole reason the department's name was switched from news to articles
    Agree with this so much! Obviously when it was the 'News Department' back in 2010 our primary aim was to post news, but one thing I was always pushing for was for reporters to go beyond what was already reported and be inventive. This meant finding things that hadn't been officially reported by Habbo, finding and reporting gossip and fun things that had happened, getting opinions and reactions from some of the more 'famous' Habbo's and making it more personalised and interactive than Habbo in collating opinions to summarise peoples thoughts on the news to make it more journalistic and less formal.

I think now the department has shifted to articles it makes more sense to do more fun things when it comes to the Habbo style articles (I think they should still exist definitely as we are a Habbo fansite and so Habbo content on the main site seems important). Engage with the community and make it more interactive and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Something that automatically posts them wouldn't be the worst thing ever but actually sounds like more hassle than just making the thread and then posting the intro and link to the site. Also I'm generally wary of waiting for big updates before anything gets changed as it seems to make things fall into obscurity and just get pushed back and back #rarevalues #v7
    So long as it isn't as dodgy as the one we had back in 2009 that used to post articles into the Habbo forum! The News Bot used to spontaneously combust most weeks and end up spamming the same article several hundred times which was annoying and clogged new posts up!

Personally I think if anything it should be the other way around because articles staff posting on the forum would be a better way at engaging with the community and people may be more inclined to reply to a person rather than a robot.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I was thinking about this thread just last night! I haven't seen any changes but I guess everything comes to a bit of a standstill over Christmas. Actually, hardly any articles have actually been published since Christmas. Is everyone away?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So long as it isn't as dodgy as the one we had back in 2009 that used to post articles into the Habbo forum! The News Bot used to spontaneously combust most weeks and end up spamming the same article several hundred times which was annoying and clogged new posts up!
    lmao oh god that thing was horrific, definitely not needing that monstrosity back
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I was thinking about this thread just last night! I haven't seen any changes but I guess everything comes to a bit of a standstill over Christmas. Actually, hardly any articles have actually been published since Christmas. Is everyone away?
    Don't worry - the big changes in this thread are impossible the implement quickly, especially as we really want to try and line anything we have up to run alongside the release of v8. I'm currently really busy moving back into uni, Lex has been semi-away over the Christmas period due to real life commitments and Coral has a department to run and other roles. It really comes down to the fact the team just aren't around, which is obviously a shame but there's nothing we can do apart from hope members are interested in joining the team or the guest articles scheme that will be releasing February will bring in more potential members.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol v8

moderator alert Edited by Empired (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly!
    Last edited by Empired; 10-01-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What it's totally possible to do it quickly, you just post in a different place and turn off site commenting
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

one of the annoying things i found as articles staff in my last stint was how you couldn't copy and paste from the editor on the main site. it made writing up much harder as well as wanting to post it to the forum and vice versa. is it still the case that you cant copy and paste in that editor?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast