HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Poverty"

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mohammed View Post
    you think cavemen had 'resources'?
    I think they did, nothing was spoilt, no-one grazing the land and exporting goods to different countries, more animals. And with a disease that has massacered millions, its alot different.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    With such belief you also find that:

- Meat eaters are destroying nature by killing off animals.
    - People cutting grass are destroying habitations for insects that are then fed to animals.

Yes nature is to blame for some aspects of poverty and it is by nature it is like that, but it is human nature to be kind to others or feel sympathy for others at least. Therefore, we give to charity. However, if you really want to moan about humans destroying nature, you can argue about pollution.

I bet you've littered before, been in some sort of transport or done something to cause damage to the environment.
    There is deffinately some sort of hypocriticism and contradiction in what you are saying.

However, poverty is mainly down to MEDCs like our country trading from LEDCs unfaily. Thus, fairtrade.

Besides, if you were being serious, you wouldn't donate to Cancer Research, you are preventing nature killing someone, you CRIMINAL :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, the op says that we are killing nature by donating, if we wouldn't be donating and helping our fellow man we'd be killing our own human nature- kindness, empathy, respect for our fellow man

Of course they had resources... did you think there was millions of cave men on the world? Also "cave men" were a different species of human than we were, they couldn't feel as much pain as we could, they were more feral than humans today. Also there weren't many humans about at that time, there were predators who hunted humans
    Last edited by Ezzie.; 19-12-2006 at 12:31 AM.
    I Threw My Pitchfork In Your Haystack Last Night
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, they did. Africa used to be much different than it is today.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    many people theorise adam and eve (take this biblically or scientifically) originated from Africa, the original cave men were spread throughout the globe but another species of human appeared which are like what we are now today and they're pretty sure they came from africa .
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

fair enough then.

Tokens

They have a lot of children because of a lack of education. Kinda a vicious cycle.
    Exactly.
    Nature dictates that a species advances, peaks, and then regresses.
    For instance, a bird species that eats worms, and a worm species that eats grass.
    If the grass runs out, the worms die, and so do the birds. The birds are FED other things, and the population of the birds rockets. Because of gross bird overpopulation, worms die out, birds peak and then all die out, and grass thrives. Nature is completely f'ed.

This is an example set in the animal world of what people are doing in the world today. By giving charity to poverty stricken countries, you're helping the humans I guess, but your downright damning everything else.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nature is basically the same as fate it is our human races fate to be caring and helpful so it in out nature and people just do what they feel is right to help the other people

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nature>all imo, if we keep ruining the world we'll get wiped out by nature, simple as that.
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzie. View Post
    Nature>all imo, if we keep ruining the world we'll get wiped out by nature, simple as that.
    Nature > all, I agree. However, I believe in cycles. It's like a religion for me.

Global warming doesn't bother me. We heat up the planet, we die out, global cooling occurs. Then Earth is passed on to the next generation, and the cycle continues.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

poverty is so stupid.

back in the day, cavemen managed to build what we have today from nothing through the ages.

why can't them starving africans do the same?
    Put simply,they did for 1000s of years. What removed there ability to do so was the coloniation from the bigger richer contarys who wanted to spread christanty, and there culture (like in iraq) and make it as they saw it a "better place".
    So all the infuctrutre, teachings, technques which allows them to survive are gone (this is a few 100 years ago). Now all thats left is waring factions, in semi westonised squalor, so all the suffering really is down to us... just like it is in iraq, the west has a pretty good track record of ******* up contarys and the cultures "/ There are actualy very few indpendant socitys left, which in a harsh invriment is nessarly.. but the westanised culture is based on inter depenacys, hence why theres so many problems with it, and were still attempting to clean up are mess all these many 100s of years later "/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast