HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Lmao with an F

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For the record, "laugh my flipping 'at off" was what I was actually saying.

And that's two replys I've seen with members having the same problem as me with a super moderator. I was going to send a report to nvrspk4 about him then relised I had a life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I am interested actually, technically you can't filter an abbreviation because you can change the words. LM*AO could be "Laughing my flipping bottom off."
    Last edited by Paulio; 12-05-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Barkseh View Post
    Why asume that it always has? Habbox has been around since 2004. It wasn't then and it has never caused anyone any offence. (That I'm aware of). Infact, I've never come accross anyone that finds it offencive.
    Maybe they don't find it offensive but it's still a filtered word, and by 'always has been' I meant ever since I became a moderator. Everyone gets infracted for it and they have done since I can remember.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    Maybe they don't find it offensive but it's still a filtered word, and by 'always has been' I meant ever since I became a moderator. Everyone gets infracted for it and they have done since I can remember.
    May I point out why Habbox Forum should unfilter the A word?

Habbox.com has it written on the site, adding to that it isn't offensive:

https://habbox.com/site//content/view/2714/281/

Go down to abbreviations. Surely if Habbo allowed them to do that, then surely Habbox Forum can have it unfiltered? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by GommeInc; 12-05-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    May I point out why Habbox Forum should unfiltered the A word?

Habbox.com has it written on the site, adding to that it isn't offensive:

https://habbox.com/site//content/view/2714/281/

Go down to abbreviations. Surely if Habbo allowed them to do that, then surely Habbox Forum can have it unfiltered? :rolleyes:
    You'll have to tell management about things like this, I'm only a moderator here so I don't understand why other people are having a go at me.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well if it wasn't added to the filter until recently, surely it should be removed as it was unfair that I had no previous warning and if it had apeard in stars I would have removed it and replaced it with "lmao" :S
    I'm not 100% sure if it was added to the filter recently, I will find out for you.

About "lmao", it says in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    A2. Don't swear - It really is as simple as it sounds. The forum filter will substitute the letters of swear words with *-signs. However some words might not have been censored as of yet, and are not suitable on this forum. It is not allowed to try to avoid the swearing filter or to post any swearing that does not come up as ***. Also it is not allowed to use any abbreviations for words that are filtered on this forum, with an exception for LMAO, PMSL and other similar variations which are allowed, even though one of the letters in the word is filtered.
    What you posted had an abbreviated swear word in it, which isn't allowed.

Tokens

Laugh my *** off LMAO

Pee myself laughing PMSL

Shouldnt that be p*ssing myself laughing, or peeing myself laughing, not Pee myself laughing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    ith an exception for LMAO, PMSL and other similar variations which are allowed, even though one of the letters in the word is filtered.
    "even though one of the letters in the word is filtered", so if you can "break" the rules (to an extent) using *** and Piss, then surely you can for Gt*o or Lm*ao
    Last edited by Galaxay; 12-05-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But what I'm saying is it didn't apear in stars like it obviously did for everyone else. So it's unfair on me that I didn't get a warning (the word apearing in stars) so that I could edit it and avoid receiveing an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if it was added to the filter recently, I will find out for you.

About "lmao", it says in the rules.

What you posted had an abbreviated swear word in it, which isn't allowed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    You'll have to tell management about things like this, I'm only a moderator here so I don't understand why other people are having a go at me.
    Because you're taking the brunt for it as if you do just pointing out that that Habbox.com don't find it offensive, even though they're the ones official, not HabboxForum.com. Also, I think that rule needs changing to allow lm*ao, because it's just as bad as lmao, and you can claim the f means flipping

Tokens

Latest Awards:

REMOVED isn't filtered. It contains the F word in. Hey, why not make every abbreviation with an f, s, p, c, whatever sweard word, filter it.

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum language filter.
    Last edited by jesus; 12-05-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But what I'm saying is it didn't apear in stars like it obviously did for everyone else. So it's unfair on me that I didn't get a warning (the word apearing in stars) so that I could edit it and avoid receiveing an infraction.
    As I said, I'm not 100% sure on this and I'll ask about it. I can remember other people using it not long ago and it not appearing in stars, so maybe it was filtered.

Even so, you still knew what you were posting and if you'd of read the rules (not sure if people do now ) then you'd of seen it's not allowed anyway.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast