Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    It's running out.. and it's running out fast.

So again you're saying it's wrong to extract oil that is running dry, and just do without?

Yeah of course it is running dry. When you get a can of drink, do you only drink it to about halfway and throw the rest away, because it is wrong to try and extract drink that is running dry?

No, you get every last drop, and while we are doing that, we need to find other renewable or alternate sources of fuel.

And that is Natural Gas, which America owns tons of, and are sitting on for free.

She didn't destroy anything, she simply rearranged part of the park.

It didn't hurt or kill anything, they moved the animals and wildlife to another part of the national park.

It's only about 120 acres used for drilling anyway, out of millions..

Of course oil is going to be burnt, and refined, and that's how we drive our cars.

We get so much from crude oil, that you couldn't live without.. it's not just you car.

---------------

From crude oil we get:
    Gasoline (Petrol)
    Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)
    Naphtha
    Kerosene and other related jet fuels.
    Diesel fuel
    Fuel/heating oil.
    Lubricating oils (motor oil, carb oil, etc)
    Paraffin wax
    Asphalt and Tar
    Plastic
    Petroleum Coke

-----------------------

Try to live without some of those products, which is all byproducts of crude oil.

I couldn't life without plastic, asphalt/tar, motor oil, heating oil, diesel fuel, kerosene, and gasoline.

If we run out of all that just instantly, in like a day.. the world would be in chaos.

No planes, no cars would run, and if they did.. they have no motor oil to lubricate them, no roads to drive on, no heat in your homes.

Don't just read what someone on Habbox says to make an opinion out of it, Palin rearranged part of the wildlife park, and moved the wildlife to different parts.

There's nothing wrong with that. It is government owned land, and in an area full of oil and ng, why waste it on some activists who think animals are god? So what they got moved a mile to the east.

Of course he is going to pick someone with those morals, he is a conservative and so is she. That is what conservatives believe.. and their morals, and the opposite with democrats.
    Im not, im going on other things i have read about her. Some which may be slander. Like the fact he apparently only met Palin once before now

How do u feel about the argument McCain has been making about Obamas lack of experience, yet now he has picked somebody with little experience as his running mate. Shes only been a governor of alaska for 2 years!
    Is this women ready to be president? Its a question any voter needs to think about considering mccains age. it may well happen!
    bef
    eloves
    chin

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a cheap shot to get feminists on board. She claims she is against Oil corruption, yet she is being investigated for abuse of her power (firing a safety person guy for not firing a trooper who divorced a family member), and still many women are pro-choice and hold less conservative views.

You've gotta hope McCain doesn't get elected as it looks like he is a continuation of G W Bush (voted 90%+ with him), refers to countries that don't exist (Czechoslovakia for example).

His only argument I've seen so far is that he is more experienced with foreign policy as he was in the army.
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

She in-experienced.

Old fashioned.

And rather hypocritical. How can anyone support drilling for oil but also say they support environmental bills?

And still the anti-gay and anti-abortion things worry me as these are the people who are in power AND she's public about these opinions too...

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.McCall View Post
    She in-experienced.

Old fashioned.

And rather hypocritical. How can anyone support drilling for oil but also say they support environmental bills?

And still the anti-gay and anti-abortion things worry me as these are the people who are in power AND she's public about these opinions too...
    Listen, of course conservative people are going to be anti-gay and anti-abortion, that's what republicans believe.. and that isn't going to change.

That's why there are democrats and republicans.. you can't really complain about rublicans being anti-gay, they always have been.

Big whoop, drilling kills a few fish and a few bears, who cares? We're humans, and we are superior and need oil to live.. I'd rather have oil and a normal life then care about a few bears..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

McCain for President.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Listen, of course conservative people are going to be anti-gay and anti-abortion, that's what republicans believe.. and that isn't going to change.

That's why there are democrats and republicans.. you can't really complain about rublicans being anti-gay, they always have been.

Big whoop, drilling kills a few fish and a few bears, who cares? We're humans, and we are superior and need oil to live.. I'd rather have oil and a normal life then care about a few bears..
    The thing is, because of the GLOBAL MARKET, oil prices won't decrease /THAT/ much because you start drilling out a few hundred thousand barells a day. Emerging countries are eating up new oil very quickly. Oil companies are naturally going to sell to the highest bidder and they don't care wherever it is.

Also, how about the US get a bit more fuel efficient - seeing cars that are 'fuel efficient' and being advertised for 25MPG is just disgusting when you see the cars in Europe that get ALOT more than that.

Obama thinks they can stop foreign oil in ten years - as if.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 30-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

We have the technology to go without.

But hey, it's your opinion

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by [ALEX] View Post
    The thing is, because of the GLOBAL MARKET, oil prices won't decrease /THAT/ much because you start drilling out a few hundred thousand barells a day. Emerging countries are eating up new oil very quickly. Oil companies are naturally going to sell to the highest bidder and they don't care wherever it is.

Also, how about the US get a bit more fuel efficient - seeing cars that are 'fuel efficient' and being advertised for 25MPG is just disgusting when you see the cars in Europe that get ALOT more than that.

Obama thinks they can stop foreign oil in ten years - as if.
    We do have fuel efficient cars, there are tons of them that get 35-45MPG.

Here, unlike Europe, we have a lot of work and transit cars (such as mine.. Dodge Ram 2500 XT Quad Cab) which is huge and runs on diesel, but we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.McCall View Post
    We have the technology to go without.

But hey, it's your opinion
    Yeah, we have a few alternatives, but nothing that will allow us to go without.. there is nothing on the market that all consumers can buy to go without.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you don't need a dodge ram, you can easily use normal cars.
    we have a similar situation in england, we call them 'Chelsea Tractors' people who drive land rovers in built up city areas.
    Last edited by Mr.Sam; 30-08-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    (゚Д゚≡゚Д゚)

Roy: [singing] We don't need no education.
    Moss: Yes you do; you've just used a double negative

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sam View Post
    you don't need a dodge ram, you can easily use normal cars.
    we have a similar situation in england, we call them 'Chelsea Tractors' people who drive land rovers in built up city areas.
    Actually I do need a Dodge Ram, three days a week I work for a construction and remodeling company, so I'm always hauling around workers and equipment and materials.

I would like to see a 'normal car' carry 62 2x4s needed to frame up a wall, plus a 6 4x10 headers needed to make a frame.

There are reasons we drive things. We don't all just drive matchboxes.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast