HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GCSE Results :)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

last year i got 7 subjects higher 3 were right and 2 below

they are awful imo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flamedragon3 View Post
    God how are people getting A*'s seriously? :S I'm looking to get mostly B's and a few A's possibly lol. Can anyone who did GCSE's last year tell me what they got compared to their predicted grades?
    In all honesty I wouldn't really class predicted grades as important (apart from your A2 predicted ones for Universities).

GCSE's are based on your mocks (which not many people care about/ revise for) and your class work. All false stuff. I can't actually remember my exact GCSE grades now (got my results in 2007) and i surpassed my ''predicted'' grades in all but 2 of my subjects. my mock grades were all improved on>!
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
    Muhammad Ali

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flamedragon3

I know predicted GCSE results aren't exactly reliable as most lads I know are predicted B's like me, and then many girls are predicted A's in subjects, even though many of them don't seem to be any better than me in some subjects? :S I just want to see what other people's overall results compared to their predicted grades so that I have more of an idea if I might do better or worse than my predicted grades. Or maybe even the same.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Trust me, I was predicted a lot worse than I got. I sometimes wonder if schools do say a grade lower than they think you're going to get so when you do better it looks better for them in their beloved league tables. At 6th Form I was predicted 2 Ds and 2 Cs although two of the subjects I had done at GCSE and had achieved an A grade. It's stupid.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    Congrats - How annoying being 4 marks off B is still good though! Could you get your exam paper or coursework remarked? Good luck with the rest of your results
    I had the highest Journalism coursework marks my school has ever had, the only real marks I lost was for a Sports story because I don't really like sports so I struggled to care about what I was writing. And I don't understand where I fell down in the exam, Journalism was the subject I was naturally good at, I have been head and shoulders above the rest of my class for the last 2 years in the subject, I actually helped most of them with their work. I was just mighty disappointed I didn't get the A, but yeah a B is still good lol.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. And well done to everyone else who has posted their results. . Good luck for Thursday.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flamedragon3

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    Trust me, I was predicted a lot worse than I got. I sometimes wonder if schools do say a grade lower than they think you're going to get so when you do better it looks better for them in their beloved league tables. At 6th Form I was predicted 2 Ds and 2 Cs although two of the subjects I had done at GCSE and had achieved an A grade. It's stupid.
    I believe (and hope) they predict boys results and put them a grade lower, as they believe then that the boys will revise more to try and beat whatever result they will get. I know some girls who are middle Maths, whereas I am in top Maths and they are predicted A's, whereas I was predicted a B? lol. I think your also right with what you said Jake about schools making their pupils look like they're going to get better results than they were predicted.

I'm sure you'll get good grades in A level Jake as you do seem quite a clever lad.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I got my results last Thursday for AS and got AAAB so predictions are just utter crap. I really hate them, I've spoken to the head about them because they annoy me endlessly.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flamedragon3 View Post
    God how are people getting A*'s seriously? :S I'm looking to get mostly B's and a few A's possibly lol. Can anyone who did GCSE's last year tell me what they got compared to their predicted grades?
    About what I was predicted too.

25 hours to go!

Girls are naturally better at coursework orientated courses, for boys it's exam courses so that might explain why girls seem to get higher predicted grades.
    Last edited by Recursion; 25-08-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My teachers never gave me predicted grades... What are double grades? You know, the AA and BB that I've been seeing posted...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flamedragon3

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    About what I was predicted too.

25 hours to go!

Girls are naturally better at coursework orientated courses, for boys it's exam courses so that might explain why girls seem to get higher predicted grades.
    Well in Maths (100% exam), a girl who was in a class lower than me, is predicted an A, whereas I'm predicted a B and I'm actually quite good at Maths which is quite anoying lol.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast