HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    Staff awards are a "skem", as people normally vote for their own friends or whoever is more well known, yet may not know the amount of work other staff members put in.
    This is something I intend to at least attempt to combat this year with the staff awards with an alternative voting system to usual to ensure that there's no bias.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nixt View Post
    There is the Habbox Dedication award that I tried to kick start but I only ever got a couple of nominations and it seems to have been neglected since. Perhaps this could be kick started because that's a good way of recognising really dedicated staff (and indeed members).

Their are staff awards every year and I am sure they will take place again this year too.
    Good reason.

I don't like the idea of it being "published", I think it could lead to further arguments which are unnecessary (for example from the public eye Bob Marley did absoloutely nothing yet he may have helped out lots or vice versa). Although it's good for morale, I think after that it just gets more formal- I wouldn't like that. I think the points against this in this thread sums up my opinion otherwise, though.

Staff awards are a "skem", as people normally vote for their own friends or whoever is more well known, yet may not know the amount of work other staff members put in
    I agree with this however I know I have never voted for my friends unless I feel they put in 159% effort in.

@Oli: would be nice to know how because personally I dunno how you can get round this tbh

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

On the topic of vip, why is it that managers get free vip lol they should be made buy vip like everyone else.

O/T: Doesn't really bother me
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah I don't get how you're gonna get out of biased voting. I mean it's very clear that Alex only won cos he was begging for votes. he actually doesn't do any work, I do it all y'know ;P

Anyway yeah, I disagree with whoever said once a month wasn't enough. I think having it every week just diminishes it tbh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Yeah I don't get how you're gonna get out of biased voting. I mean it's very clear that Alex only won cos he was begging for votes. he actually doesn't do any work, I do it all y'know ;P

Anyway yeah, I disagree with whoever said once a month wasn't enough. I think having it every week just diminishes it tbh.
    OI! I do lots of work and I did not beg!!

Yeah I agree too tbh (lalala didn't see that post). Once a month is a reasonable length of time and shouldn't be made any more frequent. I know RV (sorry dan but you were the first dept. which I know did this) always had it once a week, sure its nice but I think a month is a reasonable amount of time and a better chance to see progress throughout A to B.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Joke awards will probably still be voted for - there will also be a couple of public voted awards which again may be subject to bias however for those awards which come down to hard work and dedication to avoid bias managers will be asked to submit X names to General Management who shall in turn decide who shall get the award. I know this doesn't eliminate bias completely however it will lower the chances of someone popular just being voted for an award which someone else may deserve
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

I like the idea..other sites do it and I think it motivates people to work...and I think it SHOULD be publicised, it will make the staff better known, and to show they are doing something, but also I think it's nice so people can just say "well done" or whatever....I've done this at sites that I have managed and people respond well...fans congratulate, other staff members congratulate and work hard to try and win it next time.

But I also think Staff of the week would be good x]

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123