HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nonsense

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

As Sarah has hinted at there are some major changes up ahead in regards to the forum department which is why external applications haven't opened to address the reduced regular moderator presence. Nicola wanting to return was an unexpected bonus as it reduces the strain on martin with two very new smods who are still learning. It's far better to have more smods than normal mods than vice versa

The forum is sad to say, no longer at its peak which is why we are changing things to address this department wide.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post

The forum is sad to say, no longer at its peak which is why we are changing things to address this department wide.
    it's nice to see management finally accepting thus and not using their usual old excuses.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

I'm going to venture a guess and say that a new moderation model has been implemented. To ensure more quality and consistency in moderation, the number of Super Moderators will be increased and the number of normal moderators will be decreased. Normal moderator will essentially become a stepping stone to Super Moderator, making the normal moderation position much more competitive.

This has been argued for a few times over the past few years, with many saying that since SMODS can view post reports which Mods often can't (was that changed?), it makes more sense to just use a number of Super Moderators. The downside here is that the moderation will go to much more of a reports-based response system, as opposed to moderators browsing all the new threads in their forums and proactively finding rulebreaking. Of course, I'm sure the super moderators still browse as well, but they're not going to see all new posts.

On the other hand, reducing the number of overall moderation staff makes it easier to implement policy and ensure that it is being practiced and practiced evenly throughout the department. It's easier to find 6 quality staff than 20, essentially.

Or I could be wrong about the changes
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nvrspk4 View Post
    I'm going to venture a guess and say that a new moderation model has been implemented. To ensure more quality and consistency in moderation, the number of Super Moderators will be increased and the number of normal moderators will be decreased. Normal moderator will essentially become a stepping stone to Super Moderator, making the normal moderation position much more competitive.

This has been argued for a few times over the past few years, with many saying that since SMODS can view post reports which Mods often can't (was that changed?), it makes more sense to just use a number of Super Moderators. The downside here is that the moderation will go to much more of a reports-based response system, as opposed to moderators browsing all the new threads in their forums and proactively finding rulebreaking. Of course, I'm sure the super moderators still browse as well, but they're not going to see all new posts.

On the other hand, reducing the number of overall moderation staff makes it easier to implement policy and ensure that it is being practiced and practiced evenly throughout the department. It's easier to find 6 quality staff than 20, essentially.

As it still stands only Super Moderators can view post reports.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nvrspk4 View Post

I remember this being the case when MAD was Forum Manager or AGM. The idea was that being a Forum Moderator was essentially a trial for Forum Super Moderator. If this were to happen it wouldn't be a bad idea in the way the current Forum is moderated.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    As Sarah has hinted at there are some major changes up ahead in regards to the forum department which is why external applications haven't opened to address the reduced regular moderator presence. Nicola wanting to return was an unexpected bonus as it reduces the strain on martin with two very new smods who are still learning. It's far better to have more smods than normal mods than vice versa

Then why have 4 smod's?!?

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Then why have 4 smod's?!?
    He also said there are major changes up ahead for the forum department
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know, but surely if 2 managed in peak then 1 will manage now before it actually changes.

Edit: If a SMOD who resigned decided to come back, would you let them?
    Last edited by Samantha; 21-10-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I know, but surely if 2 managed in peak then 1 will manage now before it actually changes.

Edit: If a SMOD who resigned decided to come back, would you let them?

I don't really get what has got to do with anything at present. As I have said (and Jamesy) Moderation and the forum will be totally redeveloped, meaning the structure of the team will change.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm saying surely the forum isn't as active as it used to be, so you don't need as many smod's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast