HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    It brings up a good point. Please don't remove it.
    Actually, I understand the point however it's wrong about us really. An event like this would be best if used on the forum and is something that the Forum Management can use to build up a good event on the forum (the forum does need some afterall).

In my time as Assistant General Manager I've only worked with Forum Management once apart from my usual duties and that was during the Forum Reform, I've worked with other AGMs in their departments (particularly the community ones) so the whole "u r forum orientated" argument is false, I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot at Christmas for all areas of Habbox, infact the area that'll recieve least attention from me personally is the forum.

This event probably wouldn't go ahead in any other area of Habbox because it wouldn't work, Martin mentioned a similar idea like this to me the other day which is why it's good to perhaps let the forum take a crack at running something like this.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Actually, I understand the point however it's wrong about us really. An event like this would be best if used on the forum and is something that the Forum Management can use to build up a good event on the forum (the forum does need some afterall).

In my time as Assistant General Manager I've only worked with Forum Management once apart from my usual duties and that was during the Forum Reform, I've worked with other AGMs in their departments (particularly the community ones) so the whole "u r forum orientated" argument is false, I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot at Christmas for all areas of Habbox, infact the area that'll recieve least attention from me personally is the forum.

This event probably wouldn't go ahead in any other area of Habbox because it wouldn't work, Martin mentioned a similar idea like this to me the other day which is why it's good to perhaps let the forum take a crack at running something like this.
    Hmm.. imo, this event has nothing to do with the forum. It's more to do with HabboxLive more than anything, hence why it should be a Habbox event not HabboxForum event. But I guess let the site decline, use the forum as usual.

It's about time management let the site have its moments. As far as I recall, there has been no 'mega' events on the site within the past year, just on HxF.
    Last edited by Calvin; 25-11-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    Hmm.. imo, this event has nothing to do with the forum. It's more to do with HabboxLive more than anything, hence why it should be a Habbox event not HabboxForum event. But I guess let the site decline, use the forum as usual.

It's about time management let the site have its moments. As far as I recall, there has been no 'mega' events on the site within the past year, just on HxF.
    Lol, if that's what you want to think then think it. Events at Habbox are shared equally and the site will get it's fair share of use, especially in 2011 when everything Habbox wise is centred around the new site. We are already planning the launch of V6 and events to go with that.

Sometimes it is good to do community events like this based on the forum as here we have a community, it worked with Big Brother and it worked with the Habbox Election. Obviously in big events all departments get involved, for instance during the election we had HabboxLive involved, the events department involved too.

There hasn't been an event centred around the forum since the Election and that was a long time ago, the forum management need something community wise because they aren't involved anymore.

Unfortunately, not everybody gets to see the plans for Habbox and you wouldn't believe that not only is everything equally shared but you'd also see that every department works together on larger events, for instance there is usually pages on the site for all big events.. lol.

Let's face it, if it was put on Habbox.com it wouldn't have the community feel that it'd have on the forum at the moment, if it was ran by HabboxLive it wouldn't make sense to have a range of talents.

Forum Management asked if they could do this one first therefore we'll let them do it, the other areas of Habbox are by far neglected and it's very stupid to claim that it is.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

V6 isn't going to make everything magically better. People are going to look... look... and then continue using the forum. You need new members and by putting a huge community event on the forum, you are excluding heaps of members because there are people who haven't registered who just tune into www.habboxlive.com
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

I can see how it would work on Habboxlive, although wouldn't it be a bit of a Habbox stars wannabe? It could work on the main site just as well as the forum in my opinion!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Lol, if that's what you want to think then think it. Events at Habbox are shared equally and the site will get it's fair share of use, especially in 2011 when everything Habbox wise is centred around the new site. We are already planning the launch of V6 and events to go with that.

Sometimes it is good to do community events like this based on the forum as here we have a community, it worked with Big Brother and it worked with the Habbox Election. Obviously in big events all departments get involved, for instance during the election we had HabboxLive involved, the events department involved too.

There hasn't been an event centred around the forum since the Election and that was a long time ago, the forum management need something community wise because they aren't involved anymore.

Unfortunately, not everybody gets to see the plans for Habbox and you wouldn't believe that not only is everything equally shared but you'd also see that every department works together on larger events, for instance there is usually pages on the site for all big events.. lol.

Let's face it, if it was put on Habbox.com it wouldn't have the community feel that it'd have on the forum at the moment, if it was ran by HabboxLive it wouldn't make sense to have a range of talents.

Forum Management asked if they could do this one first therefore we'll let them do it, the other areas of Habbox are by far neglected and it's very stupid to claim that it is.
    I think you're being a bit rude. It is not stupid to claim the forum is normally the center of attention. It is now the hub of the community and where everything goes. If Calvin doesn't know that there are events prepared for v6, does that make his claim that there are no site-events stupid? No it doesn't. HOWEVER, I don't think Oli is being "pro-forum" here by suggesting the competition goes on the forum tbh. Competitions/big events are designed to attract as many people as possible and as I've said before, the forum is now the center of attention so it's natural to put the bigger events on the forum. Human instinct. Although if this was to go ahead, it would be in 2011 as Oli said earlier because of the Christmas thing and if I'm not mistaken, the site is due January 2011 so maybe this could be included in the plans.

The site is neglected, it doesn't get the attention it could. Hopefully with v6, the attention between the three sites will be more balanced but until then, I don't think it is a stupid claim to assume that the forum gets most of the attention.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The unfortunate thing about the site at the moment is it is very hard to do anything with - which is why we need a new one. When we get this new site it's our job as Management, staff and even members to make sure that Habbo.com knows Habbox.com has a new site.

I've said it in a Management meeting and I'll say it again here, if we **** up the launch of V6 it's the end of Habbox.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Make sure you make up for the really slack post-merge promotion.
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Normally this sort of stuff is a HabboxLive department sort of event which wouldn't really give the main site any attention either. As all the information, voting and so on would be on the HabboxLive website instead of it being on Habbox. I guess it could be a multi-site sort of event where the forum would also promote it as well as the website, considering this is done in 2011 at some time meaning we would have V6 (let me touch wood on that one). Which then could make it quite nice to do!

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

I like the idea and I think it's great but it always makes me laugh how easy people think these things are! They take time and planning and right now the management on both site and forum are busy sorting V6. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!

I don't know any of the plans but I know Martin has loads of fun ideas for News for Christmas so watch out for those. Saying that the site doesn't get as much attention than the forum is absolutely correct and I whole heartedly agree but that fact of the matter is, the forum is the glue holding Habbox together. Without the effort given to the forum we wouldn't be able to advertise the site as well. It's a sad state of affairs because forums are meant to be extensions of a site rather than the focus of it but that's the situation we're in. It's nobody fault it's just matter of fact.

I can't see anything changing that. Habboxforum is the newspaper and the site is just a supplement.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast