HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Should be replaced with free travel and grants for books provided through education institutions or something along those lines
    I'd agree with this.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Totally didnt get the joke
    I can't see a joke anywhere, all I see is "I want something for nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Speak for yourself. It cost me £15 to get to college and back every week (would have been twice as much if I didn't have a student bus pass, which also cost money to get) and studying media production we were required to consistently purchase equipment and such that was essential to the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall! View Post
    What the hell? I am going to college because I want an education, I'm saying I have to quit and get a full time job because I won't be able to afford rent and food on my part time salary without this £30 a week :/
    On one hand I sympathise with you both and you both have good points, but has nobody actually thought that taxes should be cut rather than government taking money via taxation and then 'giving it to you'? - because in reality all they are doing is securing your votes, so that you become dependent on the state - wanting more and more and of course who pays for this in the end? you do, we all do. Rather than take the money off you and me in the first place, why not just not take the money at all?

Anybody who looks at this realistically will vote for a party next election that pledges to lower taxes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Unarmoured

Latest Awards:

Yes thank you. Now I'm going to have to quit college and get a full time job instead of keeping my part time one I have now.

Some people need this ******* £30

My question to you Unarmoured is.. why are you watching Ore no?
    I don't, I just liked the .gif.
    Last edited by Unarmoured; 08-12-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Would have got this in September so its a shame but not exactly a 'loss'.

Quote Originally Posted by Special View Post
    well start making savings now then
    From what? He's obviously shelling out exactly what he gets in.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes thank you. Now I'm going to have to quit college and get a full time job instead of keeping my part time one I have now.

Some people need this ******* £30

My question to you Unarmoured is.. why are you watching Ore no?
    You should be getting enougn on a part-time job, seeing as the minimum wage is as follows:

* £5.93 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
    * £4.92 - the 18-20 rate
    * £3.64 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
    * £2.50 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship

What exactly are you spending your EMA £30 on? As I somehow doubt it is spent on Educational purposes as mentioned in the EMA guidelines.

It's probably an over reaction suggesting you will have to quit college as a result of the changes, it means you just have to tighten your belt. The main costs, which are transport should be easily covered on a part-time job and any benefits your family may be entitled to. Equipment isn't a major cost as equipment is usually supplied by educational institutes, thanks to some of the support packages colleges, schools and universities get. If not, paper and pens don't cost much.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Should be replaced with free travel and grants for books provided through education institutions or something along those lines
    I like this idea, it would be very convenient and I wouldn't be too fussed about the abolishment of EMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    The current system should of been scrapped, but the Government should of replaced it with a fool proof system which didn't give young people cash in hand. Free equipment and/or transport passes would of been better, and a lot cheaper than what they were doing. Unfortunately this Government seems to dislike the whole system and would rather see it completely scrapped.
    I agree, they're just horrible.
    Last edited by Shar; 08-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Unarmoured View Post
    I shouldn't be entitled to it but I said I lived with my nan so now I get £30 a week, feels good man. Also, I think people are over reacting a bit, you don't need much for college except a pen and some paper. I doubt any of you actually buy college realted things with the money anyway.
    you are the sort of people that have ruined it for everyone else.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    You should be getting enougn on a part-time job, seeing as the minimum wage is as follows:

* £5.93 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
    * £4.92 - the 18-20 rate
    * £3.64 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
    * £2.50 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship

What exactly are you spending your EMA £30 on? As I somehow doubt it is spent on Educational purposes as mentioned in the EMA guidelines.

It's probably an over reaction suggesting you will have to quit college as a result of the changes, it means you just have to tighten your belt. The main costs, which are transport should be easily covered on a part-time job and any benefits your family may be entitled to. Equipment isn't a major cost as equipment is usually supplied by educational institutes, thanks to some of the support packages colleges, schools and universities get. If not, paper and pens don't cost much.
    Travel money, rent. None of it has been spent on booze/drugs/whatever. I haven't been out partying in 2 ******* months.
    I earn £5.02 an hour, I can only do 11 hours a week.
    That's rougly £55 a week.

Now, if we take my rent which is £200 a month, add on food and travel expenses on top of that and then bills every three months...

I'm pretty ******* sure I need my EMA.
    Last edited by Niall!; 08-12-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Click the image.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Unarmoured

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    you are the sort of people that have ruined it for everyone else.
    NNOPE.
    Last edited by Unarmoured; 08-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

To be honest, £30 was always extravagant.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast