HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: What will you be voting on May 5?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to AV

14 42.42%
  • No to AV

19 57.58%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Personally I think it's disgusting that the words "safe seat" is even a politicial term. Most of the Labour people against it, I have noticed, are in what one could call a 'safe seat' because they can basically sit on their backside doing nothing because people vote for tradition etc. If the AV system stops that then I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    That's the thing though, Mike it probably wouldn't stop safe seats for the Labour and Conservative parties as most of the "safe seats" are called "safe seats" as they get a fair majority anyway.
    Ditto what Oli said. Safe seats are seats which they will win regardless because they have substantial support. Even if AV comes in, those seats are where nearly all the time they get 50% + of the votes, so it won't change much.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

I have no idea what to vote for. AV is a majority system and it won't be a big change from FPTP anyway..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    I have no idea what to vote for. AV is a majority system and it won't be a big change from FPTP anyway..
    Do the right thing and vote no! Even Ann Widdecombe agrees! Good to hear the crazy ***** talking sense for once:

"You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can vote and will glady be going down to my polling station in the morning to vote NO to AV. As you can imagine most torys are against it and being one myself, I'm also against this ridiculous proposal by clegg and co. I will enjoy watching the result and will laugh out loud when I see the look on both cleggs and red ed's face. VOTE NO to AV!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jam666 View Post
    I can vote and will glady be going down to my polling station in the morning to vote NO to AV. As you can imagine most torys are against it and being one myself, I'm also against this ridiculous proposal by clegg and co. I will enjoy watching the result and will laugh out loud when I see the look on both cleggs and red ed's face. VOTE NO to AV!
    I doubt Miliband will be massively bothered, he can't really not support AV as it'd be hypocritical since it was he who won the Labour Leadership election on 2nd, 3rd and 4th preference votes over his brother who had more first choice votes.

YouGov poll yesterday showed a significant margin for No to AV - I think the major question is going to be what will happen to the coalition, Lib Dems won't be happy, but they had their referendum.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    YouGov poll yesterday showed a significant margin for No to AV - I think the major question is going to be what will happen to the coalition, Lib Dems won't be happy, but they had their referendum.
    Simple, they will put up and shut up. Someone needs to remind them just how many seats they won in the election which I believe was 57, when compared to 307 from the Conservatives. If they decide to leave the coalition then they will be committing political suicide as I doubt they would even get 10% of the votes nationally.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jam666 View Post
    Simple, they will put up and shut up. Someone needs to remind them just how many seats they won in the election which I believe was 57, when compared to 307 from the Conservatives. If they decide to leave the coalition then they will be committing political suicide as I doubt they would even get 10% of the votes nationally.
    I think the Lib Dems committed political suicide a long time a go

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

If the coalition falls, we'd have to have a re-election. Tbh a "NO" to AV might be a good time to bow out of the coalition for them. I mean, although they will be absolutely destroyed in the inevitable election, it may save them in the long wrong.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Right-Wing View Post
    If the coalition falls, we'd have to have a re-election. Tbh a "NO" to AV might be a good time to bow out of the coalition for them. I mean, although they will be absolutely destroyed in the inevitable election, it may save them in the long wrong.
    yeah but then we'd be in a worse position than we were in after the 2010 GE, I still can't see any party getting an overall majority and if the Lib Dems were out of the question one of the only plausible options would be a ConLab coalition which would be so bad for the country as they'd never agree on anything, unless the Lib Dems did still get votes and there was a LabLib coalition, that really would be an interesting one to see Nah Lib Dems will cling on as long as they can, well when I say Lib Dems I mean Clegg and his cronies in the cabinet. I could almost guaruntee Clegg won't be leading the Lib Dems through their next GE. If the Lib Dems leave the coalition it'll be through LD vote of no confidence, not Clegg's choice.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There is one element of the whole campaign for both sides of the av referendum and local elections thats very weird and thats the hypocracy of the labour party. Just the other day red ed was trying to flaunt DC by saying "Broken Promise after Broken Promise".. oh how the hyocracy cat crawls out of the closet as people must surely have short term memory loss if they can't see who just over a year ago was part of a decade of broken promises for blair and brown and played a roll in one of the biggest if not the biggest financial crisis that this country has ever seen. I really can't understand how people can justify supporting a ship that sailed long ago. (this is not based on party politics, its simply based on fact)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast