HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    None of that is happening though i'm afraid so we can all stop worrying.
    That's a completely different argument.

Just out of interest, if you did think that anthropogenic factors were affecting the earth's climate, what would your opinion be then?

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    That's a completely different argument.

Just out of interest, if you did think that anthropogenic factors were affecting the earth's climate, what would your opinion be then?
    If so then adaptation would be the best method to use and if so, retreat from certain areas which could not be saved. The idea that you can stop AGW with windmills and carbon trading is ridiculous. The carbon output of the west will continue to rise no matter what we do (unless we were to seriously dent our standard of living) and if we were to make any serious headway; it would mean stopping all growth in the East and condemning them to continued poverty as opposed to development.

In the case with India and China, the faster they develop (the more coal they burn) the better the outcome as with development comes a slowdown in population growth meaning the end result would mean less fuel being burnt than would have done had those populations continued to grow. The video below uses the sums explaining why we cannot avert AGW (even if it were real) using the sums of the UN itself.

But as I said before, AGW is twaddle and we have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 30-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If so then adaptation would be the best method to use and if so, retreat from certain areas which could not be saved. The idea that you can stop AGW with windmills and carbon trading is ridiculous. The carbon output of the west will continue to rise no matter what we do (unless we were to seriously dent our standard of living) and if we were to make any serious headway; it would mean stopping all growth in the East and condemning them to continued poverty as opposed to development.

In the case with India and China, the faster they develop (the more coal they burn) the better the outcome as with development comes a slowdown in population growth meaning the end result would mean less fuel being burnt than would have done had those populations continued to grow. The video below uses the sums explaining why we cannot avert AGW (even if it were real) using the sums of the UN itself.

But as I said before, AGW is twaddle and we have nothing to worry about.
    Renewable energy would slow the effect down at least. I'm studying environmental protection & management at University and went there with an open mind with regards to climate change. I'm not saying that what I've been taught is gospel but both sides of the argument are presented and it's difficult not to believe that humans are impacting the earth's climate. I'd much rather believe information presented by well respected scientists than a Fox News piece. The effects of sea level rise are already being seen in places like Bangladesh and Tuvalu (which is already being evacuated) but there's also the effects of drought and the millions of refugees that will be forced elsewhere etc. If you believe that people should retreat, how would you feel about the millions of people that would be flocking to Europe and the UK?
    Last edited by JackBuddy; 30-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    Renewable energy would slow the effect down at least. I'm studying environmental protection & management at University and went there with an open mind with regards to climate change. I'm not saying that what I've been taught is gospel but both sides of the argument are presented and it's difficult not to believe that humans are impacting the earth's climate. I'd much rather believe information presented by well respected scientists than a Fox News piece.
    A small sample of respectable sceptical sources are provided here; http://www.godfreybloommep.co.uk/climate-change.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy
    The effects of sea level rise are already being seen in places like Bangladesh and Tuvalu (which is already being evacuated) but there's also the effects of drought and the millions of refugees that will be forced elsewhere etc. If you believe that people should retreat, how would you feel about the millions of people that would be flocking to Europe and the UK?
    Forgive me for being rather brash, but you should have taken geography also which you'd then know that Bangladesh is located on below sea level plains and is essentially a large delta which has flooded since time began. The only reason the effects seem to be worse (including on the British Isles) is because the population has grown enormously and has led to areas which never used to be inhabited, being built upon for human habitation thus giving the illusion that the weather and climate are spinning out of control.

Again, the video uses the UNs own figures, its nothing more than wishful thinking (even if you believe it).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

None of that is happening though i'm afraid so we can all stop worrying.

You enjoy fuel prices going up to subsidise these things? you may enjoy it, because I doubt you pay the bill - the poorest don't and isn't that supposed to be the group of people you pretend to care most about? or do vanity projects come before them? These things are nothing but economic suicide, do not work and the business is very shady with the government forcing energy companies (and thus the taxpayer) to pick up the bill for these things.

..as for the suggestion that these things look pretty and don't ruin the countryside, I look forward to some being placed very close to yourself or Mr Miliband, Clegg and Cameron and we'll then see whether prospective house buyers think the view has been enchanced or totally ruined by these windmills. Somehow, I don't think its just NIMBYs who aren't keen on these - nobody would choose to live next to them.
    Fuel prices? The present utility companies are holding the country at ransom now with their never ending huge increases for normal fuels. I wouldn't mind having a wind farm near me at all and amazingly not everyone thinks like you. Why bring politics into it all the time this is my own opinion that many of our british citizens agree with. Perhaps you should have an open cast coal mine open up near you. As I live in Wales I do know that it is the NIMBYS who are against it - there is no huge opposition to it.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 01-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123