HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

i still can't even get my head round this foolishness...

really?

oh, it gets better. apparently this is art.

Thank you BBFC for putting spoilers of my movie on your website and thank you for banning my film in this exceptional way. Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn't a good horror film be horrific? My dear people it is a ******* MOVIE."
    It is all fictional. Not real. It is all make-belief. It is art. Give people their own choice to watch it or not. If people can't handle or like my movies they just don't watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time, anywhere also in the UK.
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/hu...bfc-ban/217733

I agree with him to a certain extent, but did he really think he could put that kind of thing in his movie and it would be a smooth ride?
    Last edited by Judas; 07-06-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    you can be my daddy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Like he said: it's a movie.

I've met Tom Six and he's a nice guy. No film, no matter what, deserves to be censored.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    Like he said: it's a movie.

I've met Tom Six and he's a nice guy. No film, no matter what, deserves to be censored.
    and i agree. but really, what did he expect... the way he acts so surprised lmao.

i guess this is what happens when you promise to make "the sickest movie of all time" :rolleyes:
    you can be my daddy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You set out to make the movie you want to make. I'm not sure what he was expecting, but the first was passed uncut if that's any indication.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Essentially no one saw A Clockwork Orange in the UK when it was banned. It wasn't like today when an uncut bootleg will end up on the internet.
    can you not just torrent it?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no, he set out to make a movie that will disgust and shock because things like that get hype and attention.

i'm sorry but the BBFC have guidelines that i'm sure he is aware of. whether we agree with the guidelines or not (i personally don't), he still chose to make a movie that breaches those guidelines so he has no right to act surprised or pissed off that it has been banned, because that's what happens. why would they make an exception for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    yes you will be able to do that anyway so everyone will see it regardless lol
    Last edited by Judas; 07-06-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    you can be my daddy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    I've no intention of doing that. I never have and never will for any film.

However, the censorship will result in those who can't see it using the internet to illegally download it, unless Six compromises and makes cuts. That's just bad business.

Six shot the film in London but he didn't make it to meet guidelines. Why would he shoot a film in a way that ensured the BBFC would approve? He's got the US market to consider where he can release a film unrated if he so chooses.

As you said, his film will shock and repulse people. We're talking about a genre called 'horror' here. If it horrifies people he has done his job. Horror movies aren't all about suspense, tension and masterful scares. Whether people like it or not, ridiculous amounts of anatomically-correct gore and violence are very much a part of the genre and are one of the market's biggest selling points. Do you know how many times distributors have asked to put my words (when describing the violent content) on the front cover of DVDs? I've even had one that merely said "Very bloody" and it was for a film that I detested.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I need to watch the first one before I can say much which I intend to do soon. But if the second film is just gore gore gore without a story then I'm not surprised.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've no intention of doing that. I never have and never will for any film.

However, the censorship will result in those who can't see it using the internet to illegally download it, unless Six compromises and makes cuts. That's just bad business.

Six shot the film in London but he didn't make it to meet guidelines. Why would he shoot a film in a way that ensured the BBFC would approve? He's got the US market to consider where he can release a film unrated if he so chooses.

As you said, his film will shock and repulse people. We're talking about a genre called 'horror' here. If it horrifies people he has done his job. Horror movies aren't all about suspense, tension and masterful scares. Whether people like it or not, ridiculous amounts of anatomically-correct gore and violence are very much a part of the genre and are one of the market's biggest selling points. Do you know how many times distributors have asked to put my words (when describing the violent content) on the front cover of DVDs? I've even had one that merely said "Very bloody" and it was for a film that I detested.
    If you can't buy it in your country, unless you buy it in a different country, then torrenting it is what you have to do..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I will just import it. It may be illegal to possess but as long as I'm paying.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast