HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtime..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't understand why any member of management didn't contact the server provider tbh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Yeh, Habbox as far as I remember from people posting was spending more than any other fansite for its server, however, it seems to of late become the most unreliable. A stab of irony in the heart right there.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, swear there isn't any kind of techies, due to the fact its not even in a datacenter?

I'm probably wrong, but this is the impression I was under, but meh.

The downtime was TERRIBLE, there needs to be someone who has access to the server when needed (i.e Server Issues)

Even if its only Matt, its someone who is actually around, and is able and has the knowledge to sort it, blooming ridiculous in my opinion

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Isn't Habbox paying over the odds for their server? I was told that by someone on here at least. It might be a real investment to pay a bit extra for this, as it's a bit unfair for those who have wasted time and money on Habbox.
    Yeah, Jin does pay over the odds for what is:

a) Terrible uptime
    b) Overkill hardware
    c) A host which breaks stuff

Interesting to see how everyone's tune has changed after this more than prolonged downtime, many of us have been preaching this for years.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 07-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think the server is to blame, rather the way it's been configured. This always happens at Habbox even when the server hosts have been different, so I don't think they can be blamed. I don't think backups should crash the forum either.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

DOWN WITH JIN THROW HIM IN THE DUNGEONS AND MAKE HIM EAT HIS OWN TOES

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Isn't Habbox paying over the odds for their server? I was told that by someone on here at least. It might be a real investment to pay a bit extra for this, as it's a bit unfair for those who have wasted time and money on Habbox.
    There's been estimates of how much it's costing to host Habbox on a monthly basis but I don't think the actually figure was ever posted or mentioned, I could be wrong though. Downtime is crap, full on crap. It's not ideal to be offline for a week and myself and the AGMS are aware on what downtime can cause to Habbox in terms of people sticking around, tuning into the radio and so on but we were also very helpless during this week while we was waiting to see what the problem was, when the problem would be fixed and now we are here.

I do hope from now on that something can be arranged so If the server does ever go down like this again, then it can be fixed very quickly instead of waiting a week. Although I do understand it took this amount of time due to Jin not being at home or near a computer with internet access. It does depend on why it actually went down, if it was to do with the server then maybe come up with a solution so it can be fixed quickly when he isn't around.

---------- Post added 07-09-2011 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adamwingie View Post
    Don't understand why any member of management didn't contact the server provider tbh.
    I would expect they don't listen to anyone who isn't logged in as the actual customer.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 07-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I too think it's ridiculous that this was allowed to happen and things should have been put in place the last time it happened to prevent the same thing happening again. Whenever this happens it does serious damage to peoples perception of the site, the reliability we are supposed to offer and it does make us lose a lot of members. After all the hard work put into HxSS gaining new members for the forum/site to be completely down for many days just isn't good. This time there was nothing that could be done, but I seriously think and hope that something will be put in place to change this now. What's the point of us building up visitor numbers, putting plans into place if something like this (which could probably be fixed quickly) is happening. It's going to take a lot of hard work now to get some people back to Habbox, and at a time where numbers could already be a bit higher it's not good. I'm sure Jin will address this and look into providing that cover for the site should he be unavailable, especially during summer. If we are going to push the advertising of the site and want to keep new and old members interested then its vital that the service we offer is consistant, reliable and that we do all we can do iron out major problems like this when they happen. I have faith that Jin will do something about this now and that in the future we will not be faced with so much downtime. It's painful for us too yaknow!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Also any new members that might've joined Habbox during HxSS will have give up on the site already.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

think people are getting a bit over excited here

it's a forum on the internet

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast