HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd say what is this world coming to but I think we all know it's gotten ridiculous. It's sickening.

I hope they find the little ***** and hang them.

R.I.P to those who died

Edit: I read they caught him?
    Last edited by efq; 20-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FiftyCal View Post
    Disarming Innocent People Does not protect innocent people. This is why they need to allow open/concealed carry in movie theaters so if there's any people that escaped the mental hospital and decide they want to shoot people, then people that are open carrying would take action right away instead of waiting for cops to arrive while more get slaughtered.
    US firearm murders in 2009 was 9146, the UK equivalent in 2008 was 195. So to solve this problem, you want to ease restrictions on guns...

Here's my source for the statistics: http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over...-39-in-uk.html.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    US firearm murders in 2009 was 9146, the UK equivalent in 2008 was 195. So to solve this problem, you want to ease restrictions on guns...

Here's my source for the statistics: http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over...-39-in-uk.html.
    to be fair when you take it into account in terms of population size the uk has a higher percentage of gun murders.
    the figure for the usa seems really low though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Pretty sure a few years ago it was 5.5 deaths per 100,000 due to murders by gun crime and like 1.1 per 100,000 in UK

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hah View Post
    to be fair when you take it into account in terms of population size the uk has a higher percentage of gun murders.
    the figure for the usa seems really low though.
    No it's not, 195 is taking into account the smaller size of the UK population.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 20-07-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Yeah;

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2008* 39
    (equivalent to 195 US murders)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Pretty sure a few years ago it was 5.5 deaths per 100,000 due to murders by gun crime and like 1.1 per 100,000 in UK
    I have figures from 2000 and not any more recent ones . First colum is country, second is the % that own firearms, 3rd is the Firearm homicide rate per 100,000.

Ireland[30] 29 0.32
    Idk why Scotland's isn't on there. + I imagine much hasn't changed in 12 years, so it is clearly obvious it is worse in the US.

---

PFft ok didn't see your second post with 2008 stuff nvm!!
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    No it's not, 195 is taking into account the smaller size of the UK population.
    what? 195 people where murdered. how does that take into account the smaller size of the uk population...
    i just worked out the figures you post and got them as a percent of each countries population and the uk one was higher :S idk what your talking about the figure already taking the size into account..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

what? 195 people where murdered. how does that take into account the smaller size of the uk population...
    i just worked out the figures you post and got them as a percent of each countries population and the uk one was higher :S idk what your talking about the figure already taking the size into account..
    39 people were killed

With popular difference that's equivalent of 195 people if we had similar population to USA.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

The UK deaths by firearms were 39, as the UK is around 1/5 the population of the USA, the figure was multiplied by 5.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast