HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJRiley View Post
    Id just withdraw a million and be on my merry way, what would you even do with that much money?
    Get arrested.

A million isn't really enough to live on for life anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    Get arrested.

A million isn't really enough to live on for life anyway.
    It was their mistake, I couldn't be arrested for that. I could do a damn site more with a million than I can do now

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm very sure there's either an act or a clause in paypals t & c which would prohibit you from taking the money. Even if something went wrong in paypals systems, you still know the 92 quadrillion isn't yours/wasn't rightfully gained. So if you spent a penny of it , they'd Chase you down.

---------- Post added 20-07-2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

Copy and pasting is a nightmare, so ill basically sum up that paypal's user agreement says they won't be held liable for any errors like the above because it is deemed as a circumstance "out of their control" (unless someone purposefully put 92 quadrillion in there). I'll try and find the bit about you not being able to spend it, but marketing might have already posted it.
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJRiley View Post
    It was their mistake, I couldn't be arrested for that.
    Yes. You. Could.

When you understand the topic better, tell me otherwise :L If a bank sends you money accidentally that does NOT make it your money to keep. Sorry to break that bit of news to you.
    Last edited by AgnesIO; 20-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Assuming the same applies to PayPal as it does to banking, this would be retaining wrongful credit - which would be a crime, and could land you in jail.

If a bank accidently credits you with £2000000, that money would not be yours and if you spent it, they would be on to you faster than you could say "I'm rich" aha. THe same applies to payments by employers, and if someone paid money into your account accidently.

EDIT: After a quick search, what I was talking about comes under the 1968 Theft Act
    Yes, I know it's illegal. I'm not stupid. But you stated that it 'simply wouldn't work' which is why I asked why can he not take the money or a percentage of it. Never questioned the legality in it so I don't really know why you're telling me this..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    Yes, I know it's illegal. I'm not stupid. But you stated that it 'simply wouldn't work' which is why I asked why can he not take the money or a percentage of it. Never questioned the legality in it so I don't really know why you're telling me this..
    Because if he took a percentage of it, they'd just take it back...

I mean by it wouldn't work, as you take it but you don't actually get it as you would soon lose it again.

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Because if he took a percentage of it, they'd just take it back...

I mean by it wouldn't work, as you take it but you don't actually get it as you would soon lose it again.
    What about those people a while ago, hm? A bank accidently put money into their account, they took it and ran off to another country. I don't know if they're still out there now, but as far as I'm aware, they've just vanished. Gone with the money etc.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    What about those people a while ago, hm? A bank accidently put money into their account, they took it and ran off to another country. I don't know if they're still out there now, but as far as I'm aware, they've just vanished. Gone with the money etc.
    Ah, so they are spending a life in hiding. Now that does sound fun, being disconnected from any friends and family you had. How exciting.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Maatt View Post
    How does £60 quaddrillion even exist lol. I'd ask for money as compensation for the troubles I've been caused.
    yeah, the guy must've gone through hell when that money showed up on his statement.

It hardly caused any inconvenience at all :p
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Ah, so they are spending a life in hiding. Now that does sound fun, being disconnected from any friends and family you had. How exciting.
    Yeah, but with the amount of money they got away with.. but anyway, back to my point; it is evidently possible to run off with a percentage of it if you could grab it before the error was noticed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast