HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which Charity should Habbox donate to this year?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ataxia

18 22.78%
  • ageuk

8 10.13%
  • DogsTrust

15 18.99%
  • RSPCA

12 15.19%
  • Cancer Research UK

15 18.99%
  • Shelter Box

6 7.59%
  • MSF UK

6 7.59%
  • The Scouts Association

4 5.06%
  • MND Association

9 11.39%
  • Alzheimers Society

28 35.44%
  • The Sheffield Cats Shelter

9 11.39%
  • Sands

4 5.06%
  • Epilepsy Action

10 12.66%
  • Blind Children UK

10 12.66%
  • RNLI

7 8.86%
  • LACES

4 5.06%
  • Russ Foundation

5 6.33%
  • Parkinson's UK

21 26.58%
  • Crohn's and Colitis UK

27 34.18%
  • Mind

13 16.46%
  • MediCinema

5 6.33%
  • Rainbow Trust

8 10.13%
  • CLIC Sargent

8 10.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    i wanted to explain why i was suggesting/voting for the charity and this is why i opened up and gave everyone a little insight into how it has effected my mum but this by no means should be the sole reason anyone votes for it! my intention wasn't to make people feel sorry for me and vote because they do, it was to bring awareness to the charity and how vile and life ruining crohn's disease is. i felt that if i had just posted a link to the charity website and said what it's about, it would have been ignored or not as supported, like previous years i have done this so i thought it was time to sort of explain a bit about how it personally effects me
    Not sure why you're saying this to me? I wasn't making any kind of judgement on your post, I was just saying simply voting just because somebody is passionate about it because it affects their life is a weak reason to vote it. Every single one of these charities will have many people passionate for them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I voted for MND Association as I think this is a horrible disease and the charity deserves the funds.

And, of course, I voted for Parkinson's UK as it has had a direct effect on my life. Not to mention I can be sure that donations will be put to good use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by :odey: View Post
    I really want it to be the chrons charity.
    Paige is so so so passionate about it, I know a lot of others are passionate about theirs too, but I don't want this to just be a random pick.
    People should definitely read up on why Paige nominated her charity if they don't know which to vote for!
    As others have said plenty of other people are extremely passionate about other charities on this forum.

I've stated that Parkinson's UK is very close to my heart and could easily go through my story but I really hate talking about it. Just because one person decided to voice their story doesn't mean it's the only one out there. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't vote for Paige's charity, I'm just saying you should vote because you know this charity will put a lot of the money to good use towards a good cause, not because someone else once made a passionate post.

Basically I'm just trying to say do the research. And remember that just because the charity is working towards a good cause doesn't mean all the money gets put there.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TylerM.

Latest Awards:

Please vote Cancer Research UK. Help change Millions of lives
    Enter Signature Here

Tokens
    Habbo
    Paige.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Not sure why you're saying this to me? I wasn't making any kind of judgement on your post, I was just saying simply voting just because somebody is passionate about it because it affects their life is a weak reason to vote it. Every single one of these charities will have many people passionate for them.
    because you said:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Surely there's more to making a choice than picking because someone relates to and is passionate about it...
    and i wanted people to know that i wasn't trying to say people should vote for the charity because i'm personally effected and such, i was trying to raise awareness and hoping that if i posted my personal experience it would give people an insight into what the disease is like and things if they didn't have the time or didn't want to do further research as i know it's the sad truth hardly anyone will take the time to actually look into each of the charities before voting
    i agree that you shouldn't vote just because someone on the forum is linked/effected by the charity without actually knowing anything about the charity or the others
    if the people passionate about the charities really are then everyone will see that if they have fought even a bit for their charity to win the vote

------------------------

i don't know why people are seeing tom's post in the wrong way really, i feel like he was just showing that he supports crohn's and colitis uk and i definitely don't think he in anyway meant that you should just read up on my charity and none of the others... he clearly was stating which he supports and for you to read up on why you perhaps should too? if you support a charity you'd obviously be saying you should read up about what they do and everything whereas he is directing you to where i have tried explaining why i think it deserves the vote
    cats > you

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    i don't know why people are seeing tom's post in the wrong way really, i feel like he was just showing that he supports crohn's and colitis uk and i definitely don't think he in anyway meant that you should just read up on my charity and none of the others... he clearly was stating which he supports and for you to read up on why you perhaps should too? if you support a charity you'd obviously be saying you should read up about what they do and everything whereas he is directing you to where i have tried explaining why i think it deserves the vote
    people should definitely read up on why Paige nominated her charity if they don't know which to vote for!
    what.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Paige.

Latest Awards:

i just want you all to know, well the people who are supporting crohn's and colitis uk, that i just linked my mum to this thread to show her what is being done (like what habbox does each year as i think it's lovely) because i thought it would be nice for her to see how much support it's getting (also i think she's being supported too as she has to go through with it and it's becoming more known, well on here anyway) and she started crying and i was like mum... why are you crying? and she said because people actually do care (well she said because people actually do give a **** but)
    thank you for making her feel this way, like i've said before i can't thank you enough D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    what.
    notice i said 'meant' not 'typed'... i'm aware he said that but i don't think he meant it that way, he just worded it wrong :rolleyes_
    he was just supporting me fgs, saying people should read up and see why we have voted for it
    did he say read up on why paige nominated her charity but don't read up on any others? no
    Last edited by Paige.; 18-11-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    cats > you

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Voted Dogs Trust for the lols. Everyone else should vote for crohn's and colitis though.
    Chippiewill.

+1

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

fight fight fight
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Voted MND Association, Alzheimer's Society and Crohn's and Colitis UK.
    +1

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Dogs trust x

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast