HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    I don't post around here so much any more simply because I'm growing out of Habbox. Maybe others, including me, would feel more welcome and inclined to stay if the rules were relaxed, not a lot, but a little bit.

Basically the forum just needs to be made a bit more of a relaxed and mature place where we can actually have a debate in, for e.g., the Tech section without it being closed and everyone infractioned for "causing arguments"!
    I haven't seen a PM or infraction for posting to cause arguments for a very long time, infact I think there's only been a couple this year and only in spam - arguments are permitted - but personal arguments aren't.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Addict View Post
    Mabey a New forum called Mature should be made? where only registerd users say 17+ are allowed access to it?
    Will be too hard to moderate, people can easily lie

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    I haven't seen a PM or infraction for posting to cause arguments for a very long time, infact I think there's only been a couple this year and only in spam - arguments are permitted - but personal arguments aren't.
    yeah i havnt seen them in yonks.. i use to get like one a week

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

I don't really post as most of the members are harsh, and inconsiderate - I remember I once posted and I said your instead of you're and I got -rep for it :\
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRemel View Post
    I don't really post as most of the members are harsh, and inconsiderate - I remember I once posted and I said your instead of you're and I got -rep for it :\
    Then report it! Stuff like that doesn't get kept on

---------- Post added 23-07-2010 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    yeah i havnt seen them in yonks.. i use to get like one a week
    Graham, was that just kinda of a compliment for moderation?
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

boring threads

summer so stuff to do outside even if it is raining

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Well, i was just using at as an example of people being biased, it happened then and it'll still happen sometimes now. Atleast that's my view on jen's particular ban
    Well I can assure you up until the time I left it didn't - obviously I can't see it now having said that remember you only get one side of the story and I am pretty sure that is the ban had been unfair it would have been lifted as has happened in the past to other members.

@ Remel I absolutely hate the 'grammar' police. It's a forum not an english language lesson and so unecessary I agree with you.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 23-07-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Well I can assure you up until the time I left it didn't - obviously I can't see it now having said that remember you only get one side of the story and I am pretty sure that is the ban had been unfair it would have been lifted as has happened in the past to other members.

@ Remel I absolutely hate the 'grammar' police. It's a forum not an english language lesson and so unecessary I agree with you.
    Capital E on English.

I agree.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    You don't have the ability to swear here, and that's not a negative. Going onto a website and seeing it full of vulgarity is an instant turn-off for many users and with every system that allows you to disable a profanity filter, almost always it will default to "on" when you login for the first time.
    Agreed totally, especially for a Habbo forum. The filtering suggestions are totally ridiculous and I'm always against it, even the "wtf" and "fml". I've never been infracted for avoiding the filter iirc so it's really not that hard - except recently I got a usernote for quoting a post that said 'who're' and repeating it, mine got removed but the original didn't because apparently mine was avoiding the filter on purpose (i was laughing at the poor grammar of WHO ARE but the mod didn't reply to me, just one of those reasons I believe infractions are given out based on who the members are. I don't see how you can say it's not strict when I got 3 2point infractions within a few weeks when I've never had even one in the years before. The members who ask for the filter to be changed have probably been told off for it and they ask for it to be changed to benefit themselves and not the forum as a whole.
    Decisions shouldn't be made just because a lot of members want it to, I see too much of that happening. It's only ever the spam lot that pretty much make suggestions and rarely anyone else replies so you're not getting opinions from everyone :/

Whilst I rarely visit the spam section, when I have it feels like a very hostile place for a specific group of friends. If you threw a new member into there, it's like throwing him, or her to the lions. I won't name people here, but if you want a close knit community that's fantastic, and I'd like to think your Administrators would support that, but at the same time you shouldn't be locking out new users from worming their way in.
    Spam has ALWAYS been like that though and I honestly don't see people locking out new users just because they're new. Older members don't always get along neither. The thing is if a popular member posts saying someone's annoying the rest will follow, if they don't then THEY get jumped on. It's not so much that new people get told to get out, the active older members get the same said by even older members who don't post much anymore. We post in spam because we can have a joke and talk to our friends, newer people just don't realize that it's our way of posting and feel intimidated, I don't see why we should change how we are for 2 or 3 new people. They'll never fit in if they take everything so serious, plus the posts which are evidently used to be rude get dealt with (as do the banter ones but we can never win)

You don't have to instantly be best friends, but you'd be surprised how when you're nice to somebody you can learn to like them.
    Yeah, this. I have realized that recently but people DO get annoying no matter how long they've been here. Their join date is irrelevant on how they're treated to me. People make a big deal out of of spam but it's really not that bad at all. There's someone who mutually annoys a lot of us eusa_whis) and it can't be helped.

The Moderation within this section should also adapt to not touching users just because they are known for causing issues - Buttons springs to mind here, and whilst there is a limit on what I can see, I believe this is another point for relaxing on the Spam section.
    Pretty sure all my infractions are from spam >.> I will accept the infractions I believe I deserve and that's generally not a lot so I won't sit there and take them, I'll reply to the pm if I need to. Sometimes I don't get a reply or I get a few and they just leave it and I may get heated in them but I wouldn't need to if they didn't infract me for the most stupid things. It only happens in spam :S

Whilst Spam doesn't increase the post count of users, you have to face that it is within that section the different groups of friends are. If your wish is to let the newer users join in with these groups, the Spam section should really have an over hall entirely with the rule set.
    The Djs have their own group of friends, as do HxHD staff, spam are no different except we get infracted quicker because the other groups are staff and s/mods can't deal with their posts iirc? Either way we definitely get treated differently even if they say we don't. The rules don't need changed, the way moderators deal with them do.

Right now, from what I've seen, Reputation means more or less nothing. It's a number, which unless you get a little red mark, is completely ignored. By resetting the system, you can implement the idea that was given of, say, 250 points for 1 month Donator/VIP and extend it even further from that, so for 500 points you could get additional features within the Spam section. I would suggest, however, removing the points after they are spent. (you could even have it so for 750 points you can add sparkles to your name, similar to the God rank)
    mmm. people with higher rep look as though they should be respected more, it's intimidating. someone with less is less likely to be taken seriously over the other. i do quite like my rep though

Additional info: I'd also suggest removing the "Staff only" discussion board and changing it to a "Staff Annoucements" - Hidden points are pointless posts, you don't want even more niche groups.
    have you seen this 'staff quotes'? i was informed that a member of staff put up a quote of another member of staff "owning me" (not in a nice way), i wouldn't say that's friendly or fair at all.

Totally agree that they should not give new members a hard time even if they find them 'annoying'. No excuse for it at all.
    sorry we don't PRETEND to be nice, if i find someone annoying i will not put up with them. i'm not fake.
    Also no moderator would 'touch' upon another member just because they are known for causing issues - there are very strict rules on moderation
    Yes, they would. Anyone would if it meant they could get rid of who they wanted. Moderators aren't always the 'nice ones' but that's hidden because they have to act nice. yes. acting. as soon as they're not staff they're back to themselves i.e orangeesh
    moderators cannot really stand up for themselves in public
    COMPLETELY RIGHT. let me tell you something though, they can't stand up for themselves over pm neither. So many times I've had them report me to Oli instead of telling me why by themselves.
    I once got infracted twice because a member suggested the mod to LMAO they can't think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Nawh im sorry, i disagree. If we use the example of jen, what she was banned for (something very small afaik) was something she said to muct. I've heard people say A LOT worse to him and to others, and not get even a warning. So, from what i've seen, some mods to favour others. It's always going to be there because you can't really get around people being biased, but i suppose people can always appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    There's no moderator favouritism whatsoever, and remember - will someone ever be completely honest about what they get banned for if they are in the wrong? No, I don't think so.
    Well if you'd like me to be completely honest then I will
    I got infracted and banned for saying Catzsy wasn't my favourite mod, apparently this was rude?, how ridiculous is that?

Got banned again for linking to someone's profile and copying a part from it which said "OCCUPATION: PEDOPHILE" I got banned, they didn't bother to check it lmao. This is another reason I think members just get dealt with for WHO they are.

My recent ban was for telling someone to **** off and stop being a sheep. I will accept that because it WAS rude

you keep saying there's only one side shown. that side is the moderators side. 2 out of 3 bans reversed, hmm?:S am i still the bad one??

Honestly show someone who doesn't know myself or the mods my infractions and they'd say were stupid.
    if you saw worse posts then if you had reported they would have been dealt with.
    wrong. people in spam don't care how bad posts are >.<

i put in bold to show you how strict it is to people based on their past. i truly believe that. i got 2 points for saying shamu was in the audience for a joke, he took it as a joke so all should be well yes? apparently not because I HAVE A HISTORY OF BULLYING. that was my reason:S

oh yeh i see racist comments (niamh you can back me up, right?), i get "yea well you're scottish. scottish are neds. omg you're russians, russian spy" and stupid **** all the time, people mock koreans because i like them and nothings done about it. my recent warning? for saying canadians are ugly. DOUBLE STANDARDS.
    Last edited by buttons; 23-07-2010 at 08:55 PM.

pigged 25/08/2019

+2

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Agreed totally, especially for a Habbo forum. The filtering suggestions are totally ridiculous and I'm always against it, even the "wtf" and "fml". I've never been infracted for avoiding the filter iirc so it's really not that hard - except recently I got a usernote for quoting a post that said 'who're' and repeating it, mine got removed but the original didn't because apparently mine was avoiding the filter on purpose (i was laughing at the poor grammar of WHO ARE but the mod didn't reply to me, just one of those reasons I believe infractions are given out based on who the members are. I don't see how you can say it's not strict when I got 3 2point infractions within a few weeks when I've never had even one in the years before. The members who ask for the filter to be changed have probably been told off for it and they ask for it to be changed to benefit themselves and not the forum as a whole.
    Decisions shouldn't be made just because a lot of members want it to, I see too much of that happening. It's only ever the spam lot that pretty much make suggestions and rarely anyone else replies so you're not getting opinions from everyone :/

Spam has ALWAYS been like that though and I honestly don't see people locking out new users just because they're new. Older members don't always get along neither. The thing is if a popular member posts saying someone's annoying the rest will follow, if they don't then THEY get jumped on. It's not so much that new people get told to get out, the active older members get the same said by even older members who don't post much anymore. We post in spam because we can have a joke and talk to our friends, newer people just don't realize that it's our way of posting and feel intimidated, I don't see why we should change how we are for 2 or 3 new people. They'll never fit in if they take everything so serious, plus the posts which are evidently used to be rude get dealt with (as do the banter ones but we can never win)

Yeah, this. I have realized that recently but people DO get annoying no matter how long they've been here. Their join date is irrelevant on how they're treated to me. People make a big deal out of of spam but it's really not that bad at all. There's someone who mutually annoys a lot of us eusa_whis) and it can't be helped.

Pretty sure all my infractions are from spam >.> I will accept the infractions I believe I deserve and that's generally not a lot so I won't sit there and take them, I'll reply to the pm if I need to. Sometimes I don't get a reply or I get a few and they just leave it and I may get heated in them but I wouldn't need to if they didn't infract me for the most stupid things. It only happens in spam :S

The Djs have their own group of friends, as do HxHD staff, spam are no different except we get infracted quicker because the other groups are staff and s/mods can't deal with their posts iirc? Either way we definitely get treated differently even if they say we don't. The rules don't need changed, the way moderators deal with them do.

mmm. people with higher rep look as though they should be respected more, it's intimidating. someone with less is less likely to be taken seriously over the other. i do quite like my rep though

have you seen this 'staff quotes'? i was informed that a member of staff put up a quote of another member of staff "owning me" (not in a nice way), i wouldn't say that's friendly or fair at all.

sorry we don't PRETEND to be nice, if i find someone annoying i will not put up with them. i'm not fake.

Yes, they would. Anyone would if it meant they could get rid of who they wanted. Moderators aren't always the 'nice ones' but that's hidden because they have to act nice. yes. acting. as soon as they're not staff they're back to themselves i.e orangeesh

COMPLETELY RIGHT. let me tell you something though, they can't stand up for themselves over pm neither. So many times I've had them report me to Oli instead of telling me why by themselves.
    I once got infracted twice because a member suggested the mod to LMAO they can't think for themselves.

Well if you'd like me to be completely honest then I will
    I got infracted and banned for saying Catzsy wasn't my favourite mod, apparently this was rude?, how ridiculous is that?

Got banned again for linking to someone's profile and copying a part from it which said "OCCUPATION: PEDOPHILE" I got banned, they didn't bother to check it lmao. This is another reason I think members just get dealt with for WHO they are.

My recent ban was for telling someone to **** off and stop being a sheep. I will accept that because it WAS rude

you keep saying there's only one side shown. that side is the moderators side. 2 out of 3 bans reversed, hmm?:S am i still the bad one??

Honestly show someone who doesn't know myself or the mods my infractions and they'd say were stupid.

wrong. people in spam don't care how bad posts are >.<

i put in bold to show you how strict it is to people based on their past. i truly believe that. i got 2 points for saying shamu was in the audience for a joke, he took it as a joke so all should be well yes? apparently not because I HAVE A HISTORY OF BULLYING. that was my reason:S

oh yeh i see racist comments (niamh you can back me up, right?), i get "yea well you're scottish. scottish are neds. omg you're russians, russian spy" and stupid **** all the time, people mock koreans because i like them and nothings done about it. my recent warning? for saying canadians are ugly. DOUBLE STANDARDS.
    I'm inclined to agree with this post