HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Will we die by the LHC?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 12.77%
  • No

82 87.23%
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Repair what?

if so, then they are stupid for not doing it in winter..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It'll be too cold in Winter and some of the parts may not work in the cold. Either that or the employee's want to go home to their families for christmas.
    And I swear this isn't the first HC.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaintYourTarget View Post
    It'll be too cold in Winter and some of the parts may not work in the cold. Either that or the employee's want to go home to their families for christmas.
    And I swear this isn't the first HC.
    No there was smaller machines that were used before, this is the worlds largest so far and after this testing session is over in probably about a year or two, they plan to extend the LHC to make it even bigger, only if this one goes according to plan.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher- View Post
    No there was smaller machines that were used before, this is the worlds largest so far and after this testing session is over in probably about a year or two, they plan to extend the LHC to make it even bigger, only if this one goes according to plan.
    Which would be the VLHC (Very Large Hadron Collider). And the testing today was successful and everything was working to the standards they needed.

pc setup | system specs
    check what i've been watching here.
    avril lavigne ♥

Tokens

Latest Awards:

OMG, ITS AMAZING WE MANAGED TO LIVE

:rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This thread only shows up how little most of you know about the project.

The fact you have a link to The Sun shows a lot already. Tabloids don't know the full story and exaggerate to get you to buy their paper. Whoever made a post earlier on in the thread saying "it isn't the fact that media twists things", I think you'll find it is.

You guys above, your crap about it being cold is complete crap. The testing started today at 8.30 and to start the test, the machine has had to be cooled to -250+ centrigrade. That shows how the weather won't affect anything. Also, the whole thing's underground so the weather up top doesn't really relate to down below.

Secondly, it is not today that we, as loads of you like to put it, "might die". Today is the start of the testing stages. The actual 'bang' will happen in October.

I've only read what - the first post and few posts on this page and so I don't know what's already been discussed and so if someone's already mentioned what not then fine.

The whole point of the experiment is to find out what the point of 'mass' is. They have a theory and if a particle of which has a name that I've forgotten is formed after the 'bang' in October, then they will know why we have mass.

Some of you have mentioned that if black holes have been created, it would be all over the news. If a black hole was formed, it would sink to the centre of the earth because it's so dense, if it survived. If a black hole was made, it'd probably go within less than a millisecond anyway.

CERN are the same people that made the World Wide Web and have done loads of other things. I think you'll find they know what they're doing, but most of the world doesn't. This isn't the first machine that does something like this, just the largest.

So please, don't read the crap from the papers.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Last edited by H0BJ0B; 10-09-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    2005: JOINED ; Radio DJ

2006: Radio DJ ; Senior DJ

2007: HxTV Flash Artist ; Productions Staff ; HxHD Staff ; Head DJ ; Events Organiser ; Productions Staff ; Competitions Staff ; Assistant Radio Manager

2008: Senior Competitions Staff ; Forum Moderator ; HxHD Staff ; Competitions Manager ; Graphics Designer

2009: LEFT ; Guest DJ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by H0BJ0B View Post
    This thread only shows up how little most of you know about the project.

The fact you have a link to The Sun shows a lot already. Tabloids don't know the full story and exaggerate to get you to buy their paper. Whoever made a post earlier on in the thread saying "it isn't the fact that media twists things", I think you'll find it is.

You guys above, your crap about it being cold is complete crap. The testing started today at 8.30 and to start the test, the machine has had to be cooled to -250+ centrigrade. That shows how the weather won't affect anything. Also, the whole thing's underground so the weather up top doesn't really relate to down below.

Secondly, it is not today that we, as loads of you like to put it, "might die". Today is the start of the testing stages. The actual 'bang' will happen in October.

I've only read what - the first post and few posts on this page and so I don't know what's already been discussed and so if someone's already mentioned what not then fine.

The whole point of the experiment is to find out what the point of 'mass' is. They have a theory and if a particle of which has a name that I've forgotten is formed after the 'bang' in October, then they will know why we have mass.

Some of you have mentioned that if black holes have been created, it would be all over the news. If a black hole was formed, it would sink to the centre of the earth because it's so dense, if it survived. If a black hole was made, it'd probably go within less than a millisecond anyway.

CERN are the same people that made the World Wide Web and have done loads of other things. I think you'll find they know what they're doing, but most of the world doesn't. This isn't the first machine that does something like this, just the largest.

So please, don't read the crap from the papers.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Don't rain on their parade the reactions to the recent end of the world scares have been funny. Gives me such pompous glory.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default "End of World" Still to follow

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09..._is_not_today/

They didn't collide anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Oh yeah, couple of months blah blah, loads of girls at my school were ******** themselves lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by e5 View Post
    Oh yeah, couple of months blah blah, loads of girls at my school were ******** themselves lol
    wt u on about?
    its 21st of october this year..