Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    the bbc is not a business - it's a public service broadcaster.

like i said it's not a business, it's a PSB, there to educate as well as to entertain and provide minority programming.

& it's not a tax.
    The BBC should be a business just like ITV, Channel 4 and so forth are also businesses. On minority programming and pandering to the PC brigade; I wonder if they'd be up for a BBC Anglo-Saxon as opposed to a BBC Asian - nah I didnt think so. Minority programming is exaxctly another sign of what is wrong with this country and the fact that people are obsessed with being the minority and with rights, political agendas and being politically correct.

It isnt economically feesible and nor is it right that we pay for these programmes which are not economically feesible. If the BBC is so great, like I said before then it should have no problem with being privatised as i'm sure it would make some wonderful profits (if managed properly it would). Let people choose and dont make that decision for them.

From looking around (and what a post above said) the TV license is compulsory and is henceforth a tax, and a stealth tax at that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The BBC should be a business just like ITV, Channel 4 and so forth are also businesses. On minority programming and pandering to the PC brigade; I wonder if they'd be up for a BBC Anglo-Saxon as opposed to a BBC Asian - nah I didnt think so. Minority programming is exaxctly another sign of what is wrong with this country and the fact that people are obsessed with being the minority and with rights, political agendas and being politically correct.

It isnt economically feesible and nor is it right that we pay for these programmes which are not economically feesible. If the BBC is so great, like I said before then it should have no problem with being privatised as i'm sure it would make some wonderful profits (if managed properly it would). Let people choose and dont make that decision for them.

From looking around (and what a post above said) the TV license is compulsory and is henceforth a tax, and a stealth tax at that.
    check you coming in starting on thinking i was on about racial minorities.

check the BBC 4 listings, pretty much all minority broadcasts, so is BBC R4, R7, WS and 5L in some respects. BBC early sunday mornings has PSB slots. let alone panorama and horizons.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

check you coming in starting on thinking i was on about racial minorities.

check the BBC 4 listings, pretty much all minority broadcasts, so is BBC R4, R7, WS and 5L in some respects. BBC early sunday mornings has PSB slots. let alone panorama and horizons.
    All minority programming, if it doesnt make a profit and makes a signifigant loss then it should not be run (BBC Asian is a prime example because according to what was said on Jeff Randell Live, it is the most subsidised of all the BBC services). We live in 2010 now which means we have a broad array of services to choose from and to keep the BBC under the wings of the government where it quite clearly knows no bounds with money is wrong.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

All minority programming, if it doesnt make a profit and makes a signifigant loss then it should not be run (BBC Asian is a prime example because according to what was said on Jeff Randell Live, it is the most subsidised of all the BBC services). We live in 2010 now which means we have a broad array of services to choose from and to keep the BBC under the wings of the government where it quite clearly knows no bounds with money is wrong.
    so if it doesn't make money, it's not worth it, what a great world to live in :eusa_booh

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

so if it doesn't make money, it's not worth it, what a great world to live in :eusa_booh
    Indeed, but i'm afraid that is economics and without economics, you have ultimate strain upon the state and the end result is poverty.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Indeed, but i'm afraid that is economics and without economics, you have ultimate strain upon the state and the end result is poverty.
    oh my gosh yes you are right, because we have the bbc we are all in poverty. let's burn it down tonight, pick me up on the way down from liverpool yeah?

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

oh my gosh yes you are right, because we have the bbc we are all in poverty. let's burn it down tonight, pick me up on the way down from liverpool yeah?
    You know aswell as I do that history has shown how it can spread. You just have to look at the mines as the main example and other government industry which were making a severe and heavy loss and has to be subsidised by the taxpayer;- that lack of money ultimately trickles down to the taxpayer and places incredible strains upon the taxpayer and business forcing them to shut.

The 1970s, we dont want a repeat. The BBC has outdone its good now as the prime broadcaster, its time to throw it out there with the other broadcasters and let it fend for itself as any good business should be able to do so without the backing of government money which ultimately leads to poor management, poor financial decisions and a general lack of desire to strive for better to compete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeScaper View Post
    Yes, partly the money comes from the TV licenes we pay while it is all owned by the BBC and thats mainly it but they also get money from the calls and texts.
    lol no they don't, calls are national rate (so they don't make any money) and texts are standard rate AFAIK.
    That went fast.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

Not the surest on this so don't take it seriously.

BBC Radio > BBC > TV Licenses ?
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens

Hello sugarcakes!

Local FMs get their cash by the adverts. THINK ABOUT IT. You run 15-30sec spots, once to twice an hour with a total of a 2 minute advertisement break.

Each break has a range of costs from 200-500. This price increases depending on the time of the broadcast, ie. prime time, afternoon drive, ETC

And just think about those competitions. When you see a Radio Station go out and about and do a LIVE Remote a local business, that business is paying the radio station 2300+ (depending on the station) just to set up and give away stuff. Depending on what they give away also reflects on the price. And while you see that station live at that business, those DJs are getting a "talent" fee that the local contracted business picks up.

AND for Concert Tix, Meet and Greets and cool autographed stuff. HALF of the time, those are free my friends, thats right free. Labels and Music Reps watch the spins the station makes, and they make sure that their hits are station in the power hit level, and if it's rockin and staying there with great spins/reviews, Then the label companies like to "treat" the station and "tend" to whatever they need. As big Label companies always say "Take care of Radio and Radio will take care of you"

You don't get rich as a singer, without Radio.

That's radio at a glimpse lovelies! Thats years of experience flyin atcha. Enjoy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234