HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wootzeh

Latest Awards:

oh woops, glad i can read

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah I said in my post the midfield is the tough one as they are different positions. Nasri though, has said he will play the holding mid role if needed, which is why I put him there and Fabregas more advanced.

I still think Clichy > Bale but like I said, depends on what happens next season. Also I recon Vermaelen > Almost any defender in the league including King and Dawson myself. I don't understand why Spurs think that King and Dawson are the best defenders in England....

Stats speak for themselves, and Arsenal and Spurs both conceeded the same amout of goals, and on top of that I can probably say that Almunia was at fault for at least 7/8 if not more. On top of that, Villa, Liverpool, United and Chelsea conceeded Less goals than Spurs, so surely there defence is better than Spurs' too?

Vermaelen has been the only stand out defender for us this season, and he's the reason why we had a title challange in the first place imo. Without him, we'd have been conceeding a lot more goals, and that was shown after he got injured.

As for Fabregas, No idea what will happen. I still think he will stay for 1-2 more years until he's won something, then he'll go to Barca. He'll defo go, just a matter of time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    Yeah I said in my post the midfield is the tough one as they are different positions. Nasri though, has said he will play the holding mid role if needed, which is why I put him there and Fabregas more advanced.

I still think Clichy > Bale but like I said, depends on what happens next season. Also I recon Vermaelen > Almost any defender in the league including King and Dawson myself. I don't understand why Spurs think that King and Dawson are the best defenders in England....

Stats speak for themselves, and Arsenal and Spurs both conceeded the same amout of goals, and on top of that I can probably say that Almunia was at fault for at least 7/8 if not more. On top of that, Villa, Liverpool, United and Chelsea conceeded Less goals than Spurs, so surely there defence is better than Spurs' too?

Vermaelen has been the only stand out defender for us this season, and he's the reason why we had a title challange in the first place imo. Without him, we'd have been conceeding a lot more goals, and that was shown after he got injured.

As for Fabregas, No idea what will happen. I still think he will stay for 1-2 more years until he's won something, then he'll go to Barca. He'll defo go, just a matter of time.
    Clichy has been HORRIBLE this season. And fair enough, I just think Palacios and Song match better. Like I said, the Vermaelen issue was a toughie.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He's been injured this whole season with a back problem but he's played anyway. On form he is up there with one of the best LB's I recon. I'm not saying he will always be better than Bale, but bale has had half a good season in his career. Clichy has had a few good solid ones and has preformed well throughout. Until Bale proves himself for a few seasons, I won't consider him better than Clichy but that's my opinion. I have no doubt Bale will become one of the best Left sided players in the world if he continues his form but emphasis on Left sided. He looks clueless at LB at times.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But then you could argue that Arsenal have been playing a formation which doesnt allow as many goals to be conceded as a 442... King and Dawson have been incredible, absolute rocks at the back. If you saw them both against City, Chelsea and Arsenal then I don't know how you can disagree. The fact that King doesn't train at all says wonders about his natural footballing ability. He's had 2 yellow cards in his career or something stupid like that.

Even Henry described him as: "only defender in the Premiership that could regularly tackle him without committing fouls"

I know youtube clips mean nothing, but:

Last edited by JackBuddy; 14-05-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    But then you could argue that Arsenal have been playing a formation which doesnt allow as many goals to be conceded as a 442... King and Dawson have been incredible, absolute rocks at the back. If you saw them both against City, Chelsea and Arsenal then I don't know how you can disagree. The fact that King doesn't train at all says wonders about his natural footballing ability. He's had 2 yellow cards in his career or something stupid like that.

Even Henry described him as: "only defender in the Premiership that could regularly tackle him without committing fouls"

I know youtube clips mean nothing, but:

I like King a lot, and think he's a good CB yes, but I think Vermaelen is better. You have to judge a CB on lots of things. Vermaelen is the top scoring CB in the League, and until he got injured played every game this season bar 1. I know King's injury isn't his fault per say but at the end of the day he can only play 1 out of 2 games. If you rested Vermaelen every other game, his preformance would improve a lot too. I know he doesn't train too which emphasises his talent but considering age/overall preformance and endurance, I recon Vermaelen is better. Fair enough if you disagree, just my opinion.

As for the formation change, both teams play 4 in the back, and 1 holding mid so realistically it ends up being the same sort of defence.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He's been injured this whole season with a back problem but he's played anyway. On form he is up there with one of the best LB's I recon. I'm not saying he will always be better than Bale, but bale has had half a good season in his career. Clichy has had a few good solid ones and has preformed well throughout. Until Bale proves himself for a few seasons, I won't consider him better than Clichy but that's my opinion. I have no doubt Bale will become one of the best Left sided players in the world if he continues his form but emphasis on Left sided. He looks clueless at LB at times.
    A north London XI play a Spanish XI tommorow. Bale or Clichy? Now don't make a fool of yourself. I think that's very unfair on Bale. People forget he's young. He's a LB, but he's stepped up his game when Spurs needed to win.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    A north London XI play a Spanish XI tommorow. Bale or Clichy? Now don't make a fool of yourself. I think that's very unfair on Bale. People forget he's young. He's a LB, but he's stepped up his game when Spurs needed to win.
    Yeah I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything. But 6 months of good play doesn't mean he's a world class LB. In fact in those 6 months, he spent most the time on the LW.... If he shows the same form next season then yeah sure, there's a strong arguement that he could be better than Clichy but at the moment I recon Clichy is a better player. Obviously Bale has good form but come the start of next season, that form wont count for anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But 12 months of bad play doesn't mean Clichy is. So if he's spent time at LW, I'd say it's clear why he can't defend. Last season, I would've said Evra, Cole and Clichy: Three top class LBs. Now I think it's Evra and Cole.

So are you saying Bale would play for your team tommorow, or Clichy?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

At LB, I'd prefur Clichy. At LW, I'd prefur Bale

Also, hopefully when Clichy has recovered from this back injury, so by next season, he'll be back on form.

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast