HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    OldLoveSong

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by e5 View Post
    Why is it on official if it's a senior+ doing it?

It's also HxSS right now so there should be plenty of events!
    idk the events dept and managers approved it i suppose:p hpnd before i was manager
    also because seniors/heads are required to host events (client/on air wise)
    Last edited by OldLoveSong; 23-08-2014 at 08:07 PM.

xo.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It would also help if some AGM realise habbox is a fan site for teens as didn't have the personality of a potato sack. They treat it like a boring government job all the time

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    It would also help if some AGM realise habbox is a fan site for teens as didn't have the personality of a potato sack. They treat it like a boring government job all the time
    who is it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    who is it
    play a guessing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

lawrawrrrrr

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

matt ghana

- - - Updated - - -

wait no wispur

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

you do have to be a little bit in charge to make sure it's run smoothly and stuff but I'm all for treating it with a bit of fun! what sort of thin are you referring to?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    Although I'm not sure which AGM(s) Graham might be talking about (and I don't care to hear anyone hazarding any guesses), I do agree with parts that I bolded. I'm quite pressed for time ATM (on my way out the door for work), but there are just a few things I want to say quickly (I can elaborate after work, if necessary).

Habbox is definitely more strict now than it has been at any point in Habbox history that I can remember (and I am a Habbox dinosaur who has been here since the beginning). Habbox is definitely treated like a government job. I must say... I personally believe that the staffing rules are absolutely rubbish and nothing more than a way to assert dominance/power and to create busy work for some roles. I'll use the Radio Department as an example, because I am very familiar with the department (and I have been working on and off for the radio department since 2005).

There is currently a caution/warning system in place, and I think it is an absolute waste of time. It wastes the time of the Senior or Head DJs who have to issue them (typing/editing said warnings takes up valuable time which could be used to help promote team bonding, coaching of new DJs, etc) and the DJs who receive them (because they have to read through PMs about topics which can be quite pedantic).

Further, there are so many rules in place that it can almost completely take the fun out of the job. When I first joined HabboxRadio (before it was HabboxLive), everyone on the team was very close with each other. We probably only had around 20 DJs, but the radio was absolutely booming, and the radio was scarcely offline. People used to DJ because they genuinely wanted to, not because they were worrying about meeting their minimums to avoid warnings. There was no such thing as warnings when I first started. Everyone pulled their own weight because they wanted to because it was fun and they enjoyed the close knit group of DJs, not because they were scared of punishment. If there was a DJ who was inactive, the radio management would deal with them on a case by case basis, and contact them individually if they had issues about them. If they were unable to resolve the inactivity issues (i.e. there wasn't a reasonable explanation as to why the DJ had been inactive recently, and they had no intent of improving upon their inactivity), the DJ would be booted from the department. Simple.

The warning system doesn't deal with those who are inactive efficiently. When I first took over as a Head DJ a few months ago, there was a DJ on my team that hadn't logged in to the forum or Habbo for over 3 weeks. I immediately picked up on this, and issued them a warning for failing to meet minimums at the end of my first week. Then the next week. Then the week after that. Then I had to PM management several times to get the DJ removed from the department (even after they had accumulated the 3/3 warnings, which is supposed to lead to an automatic dismissal). So this DJ was inactive for six weeks (3 before I became head, 3 after) before they were removed, because the warning system is not all its cracked up to be.

I think the way that all departments are run needs a major overhaul, and yes, more slack. Departments should be run on a more personal level (dealt with on a case by case basis, rather than with cookie cutter strict rules / warning systems). Managers were able to do it back in 2004-2006 when Habbox was 10x as active as it is now, so they should be able to now that the site has shrunk to a much smaller size.

Again, I'm willing to talk a lot more about these issues, but I have 25 minutes to get to work, so I'll elaborate later
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

I hope new community agm is someone youthful vibrant and full of creativity and someone who actually plays habbo

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast