HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Having read the initial posts in this thread, it's clear that my opinion on the subject differs greatly from that of @Joshirin.

David Moyes quite simply inherited a poisoned chalice; an impossible job. Believe it or not, I predicted this in an article which was posted in July.

It boils down to the squad he inherited. I won't go into full details (if you want those, read the article). After a rocky first campaign, David de Gea went from flop of the season to one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

The defence was always an aspect that sounded the alarms for me. Last season they conceded 43 goals - the most out of the top four clubs, therefore this weak link was well documented. Vidic and Ferdinand were quite possibly one of the best defensive partnerships that the Old Trafford faithfuls have seen, however they're on the wrong side of 30 along with Evra. This season has further documented this fact; Vidic is off to Italy, fans are split over Ferdinand and the club stuttered and stalled over Evra's contract. A lot of fans pointed to Smalling and Jones however as I said at the start of the season, they have had their own injury problems to deal with and quite frankly, they both blow hot and cold. As for Buttner, he's very rash in defence and has had problems settling into the area; it didn't look like he could replicate Evra's transition to the Premier League, and quite frankly, it looks like he'll be off in the summer if the fans have their wish granted. An aging and injury prone defence was not the best of gifts from Ferguson.

Before the start of this campaign, Welbeck had scored just two goals in 39 appearances. The situation was problematic as it was not a situation where he hadn't been given the chances; it was often his poor final decision and finishing that let him down. One of Moyes' first tasks was to talk Welbeck up in the media, an indicator that he was not going to sign a new striker. Don't forget the Rooney circus at the start of the season, that's now been sorted to the tune of £300,000 per week; the circus now surrounds Van Persie. Is an aging Rooney who looks off the boil worth £300,000? That's the problem the club now have to deal with.

For a few years now fans of the club (and others) have stated that Manchester United lack a midfield. Paul Scholes retired at the end of last season and other than an aging Carrick, United were looking to start the campaign a midfielder down. You only need to look back to last season's game at Old Trafford against Manchester City where Giggs lined up in centre midfield. Fantastic player in his prime however when a 39-year old left winger is your central midfield option, what does that say about your central midfield? The club tried to rectify this with the signing of Fellaini however he's not been great. During the summer United fans said City overpaid for Fernandinho, I predicted that Manchester City would have the best partnership in midfield this year and United would be left looking envious. I still feel like this is the case. As for Cleverly, the less said about him the better. Cleverely had 3 assists and 2 goals out of 23 appearances during the last campaign, I did question if this would be the year where he finally loses the 'England prodigy' tag that Ferguson liked to pin to him. It seems like my prediction was right.

I appreciated I'm going into far too much detail now so I'll trim it down. I predicted Anderson was on borrowed time, Valencia gaining a reputation of a 'one trick pony' (knock it pas the defender and sprint).

I hope you're able to appreciate why this would be a mammoth task for any manager. Quite simply, the squad wasn't there.

For the record, @j0rd isn't an idiot.

One final note, apologies for any errors - I need a half time beverage, I am not checking over this post.
    Last edited by Spuds; 22-04-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Trying to work out these tags, forums changed a bit since 2007/8.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Let's see some of the top gems of a 12 year old Man U fan

Quote Originally Posted by Joshirin View Post
    he's not a bad manager
    Followed by a few pages stating how bad he is

we could of gotten Jose Mourinho
    Nope

Jose only went to chelsea because Moyes came to Manchester United.
    Never mind that it's his favourite club where he's had fantastic success and everyone likes him... Mourinho was never on the list of potential Man U managers because he even stated himself that it would never happen when Fergie announced his impending retirement

He's changed the squad nearly every game (or even every game, not sure). Moyes is ntohing more than a bottom half manager of the premier league.
    Brendan Rogers and Jose Mourinho change the squad and tactics all the time at Liverpool/Chelsea (something they are rather well known for) and they seem to be doing ok

Oh dear god, can't argue with someone who supports two teams LMFAO
    Or just can't argue

hahahaha omg learn some football you pathetic 'supporter'
    I don't think this really needs a comment
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

various rumours saying that united want to snatch ancelotti from madrid. good luck with that haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    various rumours saying that united want to snatch ancelotti from madrid. good luck with that haha
    I've heard a lot about that, read this:
    http://www.footballtips.com/category...-201404220005/

It's probably worth a shot at 40/1

Tokens
    Habbo
    ur mom

Latest Awards:

You really are an idiot and it seems you're pretty obsessed with me

He's a bad manager for Manchester United, but not overall for a lower team, hun
    jose mourinho would of gone to Manchester United
    as I said before
    51 times in 51 games, no hun they don't do that at chelsea or liverpool
    Can't argue yet I've won, run along
    learn some football

It's no wonder Okeanos doesn't like you

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    I support Swans and Chelsea..

Tokens
    Habbo
    ur mom

Latest Awards:

He's also hardly got any points from the top 4 teams, either way you probably support two teams like the jord kid, so lrnfootball

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    I support Swans and Chelsea..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You really are an idiot and it seems you're pretty obsessed with me

He's a bad manager for Manchester United, but not overall for a lower team, hun
    jose mourinho would of gone to Manchester United
    as I said before
    51 times in 51 games, no hun they don't do that at chelsea or liverpool
    Can't argue yet I've won, run along
    learn some football

It's no wonder Okeanos doesn't like you
    I'm going to guess you're still quite young. There's nothing wrong with that at all however it does mean that you've grown up only knowing one thing about your club: success. The older fans I know (30+) have started to come to the sudden realisation that there is no longer that special aura around the club. There was no 'United way', quite frankly it's starting to come across like the vast majority of fans believe you've only ever had two managers in your history: Ferguson and Busby. You had a very successful manager in Ferguson, there was no need to sack him. You're just like any other club when it comes to hiring and firing.

Your current hiring and firing department has recently been chopped and changed; they're not overly experienced so it'll be interesting to see who they get in. You're throwing names around such as Mourinho, Pep, and Klopp however there is hardly any chance of attracting such heavy hitters. Simeone and Klopp will never take over a club outside of the Champions League again.

Your current position is that of Liverpool in 2010. You are a big club without European football in the worlds toughest league. You need to emulate Liverpool to recover; find a genuinely talented manager from a smaller club, rather than chasing European heavyweights.

The big question is, who is that manager? The ship left the docking station last summer and if Everton attain Champions League or Europa League football, the Martinez ship will have truly left the River Mersey and find itself in the Irish Sea; all whilst your club is left paddling in a puddle.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Replying to someone who's wrong about everything means you're obsessed with them (unlike giving someone 0 point -reps and hunting them down in other threads to attack them which totes shows you don't care at all), who knew

And still solely blaming the manager for the crap performances of the same team that won last year, bless
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Which Mata do you watch because the one that was at Chelsea scored on his debut games for 5 different competitions while playing as a winger, got player of the year, and now has an even better goals-to-games ratio at Man U than he did there
    I'm assuming this is to me so I'll reply

When Mata arrived at chelsea he was a winger having played there fore Valencia. He soon moved into the middle though, I mean after AVB left I don't think he played on the wing again until Mou arrived. Mata is ineffective on the wing, he lacks the pace and work rate to really play there (nowadays). That is why he left chelsea, because Oscar was Mou's preferred #10 and whenever Mata was played, he did so on the wing, and he was always ineffective. Thus he was sold.
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bankai90

Latest Awards:

Either way, i really hope they bounce back next season.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast